Sign in to follow this  
zottel

Q&A Community vs. Devs

While Reading through the Forums on almost a Daily Basis i came to the idea to make an question And answer where each Server Maybe have 1-2 representaves And the Devs. The reps will answer the devs And also the Other way around to clarify stuff or just to get a better understanding what happens on both sides and in the best case Dont have this player vs. Dev Situation anymore And let them work closed together as it is supposed to be. While choosing the reps will be the Most difficult Part, it should be someone who expirienced all core mechanics like ship Battles, breeding And Building. Also it should be someone who played before And After the wipe so he can Tell what has changed to the better or worse.

I nominate Winter Thorne to be the NA Pve rep because she has been here from day one, is well spoken, fair minded and has a background that apparently includes game design experience.

Also, not it.

Edited by boomervoncannon

3 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

I nominate Winter Thorne to be the NA Pve rep because she has been here from day one, is well spoken, fair minded and has a background that apparently includes game design experience.

Also, not it.

Also, YES it.

(Did you used to do that?  "Not it" "Yes it"  "Not it!"  "Yes it!"?)

If nominated I will not run.  If elected I will not serve.

I second the nomination for Winter Thorne. 😉

I do think the subject of this conversation should have a slight change to it. I don’t believe it should be a vs. situation, as at the end of the day we all want the same thing;  Atlas to be as good of a game as it can be. It’s a small, but meaningful distinction.

44 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Also, YES it.

(Did you used to do that?  "Not it" "Yes it"  "Not it!"  "Yes it!"?)

If nominated I will not run.  If elected I will not serve.

You have game design experience. If asked to write code, I can very reliably hit a random sequence of 1’s and 0’s that would most likely result in the entire game being replaced with a vaguely British robot voice asking

Shall

we

play

a

game?

How

about

a

nice

game

of

chess?

which would likely lead to the end of human civilization at the hands of Matthew Broderick and Ally Sheedy. So for the good of all humanity...

Not it.

(War is hell.)

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, zottel said:

Dont have this player vs. Dev Situation anymore And let them work closed together as it is supposed to be. While choosing the reps will be the Most difficult Part.

Just go through the reputation leaderboard and ask them for server/activity.

Reputation sadly means Nothing as it is way too easy to Manipulate And would also mean Realist has a higher Chance of beeing Chosen as a rep than Most others on the forum

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, zottel said:

Reputation sadly means Nothing as it is way too easy to Manipulate And would also mean Realist has a higher Chance of beeing Chosen as a rep than Most others on the forum

Hey console players need a rep as well. Don’t discriminate.

Just now, Realist said:

Hey console players need a rep as well. Don’t discriminate.

Lol thought you already are the console Rep. XD 

1 minute ago, zottel said:

Lol thought you already are the console Rep. XD 

Yeah pretty much. The way so said It sounded discriminatory though lol

its all good 

17 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Not it.

(War is hell.)

Yes it.

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.

The developers could always do a stream every now and then to show off the latest stuff and tease upcoming content. It would also allow for the audience to ask questions live, and maybe get them answered. Regular streams on common social media might also raise interest in the game from the public who yet don't know it. 

It all comes down to if the company deems it worth the time and if they think they got something to gain from doing it. I guess we'll have to wait and see, don't we?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

Yes it.

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

I really like where this is going!  So suppose every island has these people on them, let’s just call them “survivors”. And every week this group can choose to vote some company off the island that is not helping the greater good. We could do this during a “tribunal”. The company that’s left becomes the representative to that grid and then all the grids vote for a King. 

Oh wait...you don’t vote for Kings

Never mind.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Gomez Addams said:

I really like where this is going!  So suppose every island has these people on them, let’s just call them “survivors”. And every week this group can choose to vote some company off the island that is not helping the greater good. We could do this during a “tribunal”. The company that’s left becomes the representative to that grid and then all the grids vote for a King. 

Oh wait...you don’t vote for Kings

Never mind.

That may be the funniest thing I've read this week.

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

47 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Ah, Groucho Marx - how we miss him and his infinite wisdom. 

13 hours ago, zottel said:

Reputation sadly means Nothing as it is way too easy to Manipulate.

There is no way to manipulate.

10 hours ago, Wotannatow said:

The developers could always do a stream every now and then to show off the latest stuff and tease upcoming content. It would also allow for the audience to ask questions live, and maybe get them answered. Regular streams on common social media might also raise interest in the game from the public who yet don't know it. 

It all comes down to if the company deems it worth the time and if they think they got something to gain from doing it. I guess we'll have to wait and see, don't we?

I like the idea. Its nearly the same like AoC did it, but i think a stream is too much work. Newsletter weekly/monthly 🙂 That would be great.

But tbh, actually we dont need this representiv stuff. All we need is a plan for the future. Like i said different times before: Cats & Seahorses is not enough to bring back veteran players. Im in contact with a lot of old players and companies and there is actually no content to bring them back. 

New player recommendation is unofficial or singleplayer. As long as we get new player im fine. They can grow up in a friendly and social community and they will like the game..........until all content is finished 😀

1 hour ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

I really think the players who we should be listening to are the ones that  are not here... :classic_sad:

Thats what i said. Lot of them will comeback when content will be added. But tbh, unofficials has the same problem, but they listen to us and add different events. Works fine 😊

If you are Talking about Forum, there definitly is a way to Manipulate.

4 hours ago, Puppies4ever said:

There is no way to manipulate.

I like the idea. Its nearly the same like AoC did it, but i think a stream is too much work. Newsletter weekly/monthly 🙂 That would be great.

But tbh, actually we dont need this representiv stuff. All we need is a plan for the future. Like i said different times before: Cats & Seahorses is not enough to bring back veteran players. Im in contact with a lot of old players and companies and there is actually no content to bring them back. 

New player recommendation is unofficial or singleplayer. As long as we get new player im fine. They can grow up in a friendly and social community and they will like the game..........until all content is finished 😀

Yeah there won’t be any new players. Even the huge sale they are having didn’t do anything. There never will be a high population. It will just never happen.

the 20 people that the average gained was kind of cool but just remember, those people haven’t found out the grinding that is Present and most importantly, they haven’t gotten wiped yet lol

anyone that was hardcore already bought it. The best you can hope for is casuals which they will find out soon enough.

kind of funny how people talk about bringing in new players or bringing back old. It won’t happen.

a wipe will bring people back and a sale will bring new people in. Only two options. 

First option is wipe. Then the old players will have the “hope” of being alpha. Once that doesn’t work they will leave again 😂 seen it plenty of times.

second option is the sale price. It will bring new people in but they will very quickly realize what the game is about.

if you ever had any dreams of this playerbase being huge then I just feel bad for you at this point. It just won’t happen. And yes, that means even after ea. It just didn’t take, that is all there is to it.

Edited by Realist

2 hours ago, Realist said:

a wipe will bring people back

That's what people said about the first wipe. It was true, it did happen, but didn't last. I don't see another wipe being any different, because the fact there is no wipe right now, or no confirmation there will never be a wipe is not the reason for low numbers, so a wipe wouldn't fix the issues.

If there's a wipe and it brings people back, they'll come back saying yay fresh start, can get my island, etc etc etc, then soon realise the real reason for low numbers (whatever that reason is) still exists and those same players will leave again for the same reasons they left the first time.

I'd love for Atlas to turn things around, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Sadly I log in once maybe twice a week to fill trough, step on ships, log off. I guess I'm one of those that are clinging on to hope things will improve so log on to keep my belongings.

3 hours ago, zottel said:

If you are Talking about Forum, there definitly is a way to Manipulate.

How should that work??? 

Sadly I log in once maybe twice a week to fill trough, step on ships, log off. I guess I'm one of those that are clinging on to hope things will improve so log on to keep my belongings

This.

I forgot the name of this player tracker website, but there you will see how much player are in every grid. You can click on the grid and you can see who is online incl. session time. I did it the last days and weeks from time to time and there is a high amount of accounts with 10-15 min session time. Im pretty sure, that a huge amount of this 3k player did the same like you.

1 hour ago, Puppies4ever said:

How should that work??? 

Just have a few People like everything you post on Forums.