Sign in to follow this  
phai rat

Server Browser..... ?? ffs

for the first time since launch i wondered into the server browser to peek into the life the private server community , i have to say im utterly disappointed by the 'quality' of this gui diarrhea.  NO usable info is displayed on any of the columns apart from the servers name , i crashed the game 4 times in under 10 minutes,,,,

22 years ago , age of fucking empires (1997) had better serverbrowser than atlas , its not like UE4 its requires a phd to create a functional maybe even practical(one can always dream) user interface... and at this stage i assume even at grapecard this task must have been given well below to zero percent priority and performed by either a janitor or his dog because thats what it looks like. you won GS , i have given up even trying to find a private servers for now and stuck on official but please ,, ffs do some work on that thing 😛

9 minutes ago, phai rat said:

for the first time since launch i wondered into the server browser to peek into the life the private server community , i have to say im utterly disappointed by the 'quality' of this gui diarrhea.  NO usable info is displayed on any of the columns apart from the servers name , i crashed the game 4 times in under 10 minutes,,,,

22 years ago , age of fucking empires (1997) had better serverbrowser than atlas , its not like UE4 its requires a phd to create a functional maybe even practical(one can always dream) user interface... and at this stage i assume even at grapecard this task must have been given well below to zero percent priority and performed by either a janitor or his dog because thats what it looks like. you won GS , i have given up even trying to find a private servers for now and stuck on official but please ,, ffs do some work on that thing 😛

Ark's was the same substandard quality sadly. With that being said they had a semi excuse because Battlemetrics (owned by steam) covered all Ark servers and had great search functionality, so while it would have been nice if they had done their own, they at least had a plausible excuse by saying "we don't want to waste developer resources by creating something redundant when quality resources are already available." Never mind that they did create something and it was underwhelming, or that they didn't do anything to let players know about battlemetrics, so many just used their crappy ingame one, the point is they could have at least had an out if they wanted it. With Atlas they don't even have that because Battlemetrics gives no search functionality for Atlas servers except by country.

For what it's worth, I've always felt the best way to find a quality unofficial is through networking and speaking directly to the server's owner and or/admins, rather than just using a serach, but I still understand where your frustration is coming from and it would be nice if you had a decent tool as a starting point. I wasn't in favor of private servers for Atlas, but if they are going to have them, they should at least support them with a decent search tool.

Edited by boomervoncannon

aye,  they never given much attention to this particular part of their game(s),, and i do understand this isnt a fast paced in and out multiplayer fps game and hate to bring up older examples too but if anyone here is old enough to have played ut99 would know that with its simplistic approach it sorted well over 2000 servers by any order you threw at it in seconds, and that was on a pentium 3,,  ,,, like what in the actual fuck are we approaching a technological dark age of some kind??    my poast only meant to be motivational in nature and not derogatory to our beloved dev team , thank you 😛