Sign in to follow this  
otawa72

[PROJECT] Port Royal

Hello, doing a lot of construction and worshiping the system and building as well as the game environment, I want to go on the construction of a big project (the famous Port-Royal pirate film of the Caribbean) even if that risk of taking a lot of time, it remains only at the end the result should be huge :classic_biggrin:

To begin the location of the island (find by GLOBYTHEOLDPIRATE) appears to be the best Freeport poster in a cove with a fort rather like that of the movie, the only small problem is the large statue to enter it from the creek ^^
1564756779-20190731150327-1.jpg

I would also like to know if any of you have managed to find photos (from all angles) of Port-Royal, because the database (Google) does not really provide a lot of visual details to make a copy again compliant!

I will post Screen of Progress hoping that you like it and give a good idea to future build 🙂

And still sorry for the bad translation ( Google ) French basic language

• Like 2

The famous pirate town of Port Royal was destroyed in an earthquake June 7th, 1692. It's said that approx two thirds of the town was swallowed up by the sea.  The town was rebuilt as Kingston. So, Kingston harbour is your best bet to get the geopraphics of the place. As for the layout of the historical town, you'd have to search any available archeological materials you can find about the subject. 

Have fun and good luck with your endeavor to bring this famous pirate port to life in your Atlas. 

Edited by Wotannatow
Edit typo

3 hours ago, Wotannatow said:

La célèbre ville de pirates de Port-Royal a été détruite lors d'un tremblement de terre le 7 juin 1692. On raconte qu'environ les deux tiers de la ville ont été engloutis par la mer. La ville a été reconstruite comme Kingston. Donc, le port de Kingston est votre meilleur choix pour obtenir la géographie du lieu. En ce qui concerne la disposition de la ville historique, vous devez rechercher tous les matériaux archéologiques disponibles que vous pouvez trouver sur le sujet. 

Amusez-vous et bonne chance dans vos efforts pour donner vie à ce célèbre port de pirates dans votre atlas. 

Thank you for all the information and I will be looking for something from the city of Kingston;)

Right now the positioning is not the best, but there is a way to do something. unfortunately the decor (rock) really annoys me in the middle! 😞

1564908025-6075d7617e308f3df1fc3497d7deb

1564908030-atlas-pr-2.jpg

That's it, the positioning is not yet at the top, on the other hand the fact to equip a can ships makes immediately the rendering better, only small problems, the display distance that can not display the fort (right) and the dwellings after the beach :classic_sad:

1565472196-6075d7617e308f3df1fc3497d7deb

1565472199-atlas-pr-4.jpg

Small off topic: The two new arrived and under construction. :skull:
- The Black Pearl
- The Flying Dutchman

1565472204-834910-screenshots-2019081023