Sign in to follow this  
Norsca

The ship is gone

I was surprised by the company message that the ship was gone.
It's an automatic repair on board by a crew member.
But the boat disappears without a trace.
Only the crew is floating on the water.
Shouldn't it be perceived as being used when a sailor is on board?

2 hours ago, Norsca said:

I was surprised by the company message that the ship was gone.
It's an automatic repair on board by a crew member.
But the boat disappears without a trace.
Only the crew is floating on the water.
Shouldn't it be perceived as being used when a sailor is on board?

You need to "move" boats from time to time. We fast travel there, raise anchor, 4-5 seconds S and anchor again.

We had 2 boats where a company member raise/lower anchor only and they "despawned".

I had a sloop vanish on me also, I was on it within 3 weeks, I even moved it to the otherside of base within 3 weeks but it still vanished.

I've come to realise that you must spawn on the beds on the ships for it to acknowledge you, I maybe wrong but that's how I see it so I always spawn on the beds on galleons just to be safe and then log off again as I'm not longer playing PvE.

This issue has been around for a long time yet you don't see any of the devs addressing it, they can't give you a definite answer on how to stop it or prevent it happening, what does that tell you? If they know their own mechanics of the game why not just say you have to spawn on the boats or raise the anchors. 

1 hour ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

It was confirmed by Jat and Dollie that ships on PvE decay in 2 weeks not 3, and you just need to step foot on them, physically touch them.

Didn't notice this, should have been addressed weeks ago but I guess we all know for sure now.

Dont bother, because the information isnt true.  Another boat of mine went "poof"  Sub attached.  I moved it, i raised the anchor, i lowered the anchor, i released the sub,  re-attached the sub.       This was Thursday night before going to bed.

Last night after work, after reading Jat's reply in my thread.  I log in to find another member of my fleet gone.  

Sadly, I'm moving on from Atlas, now.  

Edited by Dosgimp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dosgimp said:

Dont bother, because the information isnt true.  Another boat of mine went "poof"  Sub attached.  I moved it, i raised the anchor, i lowered the anchor, i released the sub,  re-attached the sub.       This was Thursday night before going to bed.

Last night after work, after reading Jat's reply in my thread.  I log in to find another member of my fleet gone.  

Sadly, I'm moving on from Atlas, now.  

Yes I feel this is true and down to bugs, I was sure there was something up with the timers in this game but can never prove it. I do have that feeling something isn't right about them though and wouldn't be surprised to find out it isn't as straight forward as Jat makes out.

I don't blame you for moving on, most of us have.

game breaking is why islands are a plenty these days on EU server I am close to saying fk it and deleting this bs off my machine

gave away my island last night to two newbs , a massive relief 😆

no need any of that liability having a 100 tames keeping an island etc ..  they felt like they won the lottery getting also a 100k gold and all the shit i scraped together in months .... but ..  "the things you own end up owning you" fightclub quote is def true in this game . so fk it , let someone else slave thier time away to needy metabolicly disfunctional cyber animals 

Edited by 987962

20 hours ago, Luxfere said:

game breaking is why islands are a plenty these days on EU server I am close to saying fk it and deleting this bs off my machine

cant blame you i was planning to play atlas today for a change so i went and tried to tame an olfend, after what felt like an eternity of taming at 98% a vulture appeared and killed it,  i was like..mmm... ok...fuck this, so i was heading back to my base to do something different and my bear got stuck in the terrain so i had to waste another eternity building a structure that would pierce trough the mesh in the right location to get it unstuck, after freeing my bear i decided the island hated me today (joke ofc) and therefore i should go somewhere else so i went to tame a elephan after all the preparations and the trip when i started taming it it simply wouldnt eat, i got the message "press E to feed.." but E did nothing at all, tried on a different elephant and the same happened, so after wasting 3 hrs of my life to acomplish literally nothing i decided to simply go back to play BDO

My Galleone, which I entered less than 14 days ago, has just been removed. I am really delighted! It is completely incomprehensible to me why PVE players only received 14 days. But obviously you do not even manage to implement it properly.

A pseudo MMO, where after a week already half the stuff disappears. How stupid is that? After a few weeks break, all the progress is gone and you can almost start as a new player? How stupid are the developers here? My life is not just Atlas.

• Like 2

It shows more and more how badly thought out the whole game is. It should be an MMO with levels, item quality and grind. However, a permanent possibility to store exactly these things was not planned.

Depending on whether you can switch off this Decay on some servers, you could at least play the game in a small circle with friends. If not, the game will sooner or later be dead. As an MMO on the official servers, that's it. Nobody will expose themselves to a permanently active wipe for the second time. The players would rather just play another game.

On 8/9/2019 at 3:07 PM, The D Legacy said:

cant blame you i was planning to play atlas today for a change so i went and tried to tame an olfend, after what felt like an eternity of taming at 98% a vulture appeared and killed it,  i was like..mmm... ok...fuck this, so i was heading back to my base to do something different and my bear got stuck in the terrain so i had to waste another eternity building a structure that would pierce trough the mesh in the right location to get it unstuck, after freeing my bear i decided the island hated me today (joke ofc) and therefore i should go somewhere else so i went to tame a elephan after all the preparations and the trip when i started taming it it simply wouldnt eat, i got the message "press E to feed.." but E did nothing at all, tried on a different elephant and the same happened, so after wasting 3 hrs of my life to acomplish literally nothing i decided to simply go back to play BDO

ATLAS is shit chapter 2:

dear diary, after wasting 3 hrs of my time yesterday trying to tame stuff i decided to give it a try again today, so i went back to the olfend spawn, i found a lvl 25 so i tought hmm lucky me, proceeded to start the taming process, while at 50% a lion literally rained from the sky and landed next to me, i managed to get on my bear wich was just next to me to proceed to kill him, ofc he went after the olfend first killing him, only to proceed to unmount me and one shot me since i was low HP due to a heat wave (wich ignores high level resistance stats and lowers your HP anyways), i wasnt so far from base so i decided to rush back and try to save my bear, i arrived just in time to see it die and for a second day on a row waste my time and lose my progress. so yeah nice game, much fun.

Edited by The D Legacy
  • Haha 1

I lost the last of my ships on PvE not that I play it now, I only log in to keep timer ticking for structures but there was a time I would have been angry at losing my ships, I just laughed when I didn't see them there lol.

I get why people are throwing in the towel, I do have respect for the last ones standing putting up with all the faults though but after 1400hrs I just had enough, I couldn't do it anymore. When you leave Atlas you realise what you've missed in other games.

If they improve it in the future and add more things I may come back again but as it is right now I have no desire to play official. Merging servers and having cross play is the way to go in my eyes if they want more players in 1 place. You look at the map and you barely get more than 2 or 3 on each server.

• Like 1

2 mystike (5x fach Material) Galleon weg ! Scheiß Spiel, Dämliche Entwickler, 30 Tage Timer für PVP aber nur 14 Tage für PVE Danke!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1