Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Yep, underwater caves

Yeah you guys need to make underwater caves. Not to explore but to build in.

ragnorok was the best map by far. The main reason we built our massive base in the underwater blue mushroom cave. It was glorious. Unfortunately, mushers killed the dream lol no hard feelings.

either way if there were more underwater caves, this would actually free up a lot of land.

yeah you need to do this

• Thanks 1

Shit they need to add caves in general. Overhanging rocks and a crevice dont cut it. Need a lawless cave system for close quarters pvp when the 6 shooter comes out. Put special drops and monsters in there to bring in the players. Maybe even a ranking system and titles based on pvp kill count, monster kills and amount of said loot picked up 

and planets, where you could fly to and enter another game like ark or star citizen , cant wait bring back my first xenomorph egg to atlas ! 

• Confused 1

no they need to add ability to build underwater bases  , just anywhere in any grid without the no build affecting anything built on land and height restrictions  (for obvious greifing reasons) and add caves for exploring with rare resources and hard to kill underwater non tamable beasties 

Edited by UDO

15 hours ago, Realist said:

either way if there were more underwater caves, this would actually free up a lot of land.

Realist, you seem to forget that it wouldn't because of the very obvious need of a safe place to park and build ships...

16 hours ago, Realist said:

Yeah you guys need to make underwater caves. Not to explore but to build in.

ragnorok was the best map by far. The main reason we built our massive base in the underwater blue mushroom cave. It was glorious. Unfortunately, mushers killed the dream lol no hard feelings.

yeah you need to do this

you have two of the same posts up by the way

1 hour ago, 6Xero9 said:

Realist, you seem to forget that it wouldn't because of the very obvious need of a safe place to park and build ships...

Uh, that is what submarines are for. Different type of ship and a different type of home. It would bring some variety 

1 minute ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

you have two of the same posts up by the way

Oops. Did I double post? I’ll check in a bit. Thanks

Just now, Realist said:

Uh, that is what submarines are for. Different type of ship and a different type of home. It would bring some variety 

he's right I never really get to use my submarine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

You mean the small things that hang off ships like Galleons, Brigs and Schooners and have 0 offensive capabilities?

4 minutes ago, 6Xero9 said:

You mean the small things that hang off ships like Galleons, Brigs and Schooners and have 0 offensive capabilities?

you know they are adding a water tame in the game right?

2 minutes ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

you know they are adding a water tame in the game right?

That's gonna sink all the SotD right?

6 minutes ago, 6Xero9 said:

That's gonna sink all the SotD right?

highly doubt it and if it can the devs can fix that.

Just now, DeliaHaze20 said:

highly doubt it and if it can the devs can fix that.

So what you're saying is, people are still going to need their surface ships because that's going to be the primary way of fighting, not to mention easier to replace than a high level tame. Which results in companies still needing to build on land to ensure their ships have a safe place to be parked, built and repaired.

1 minute ago, 6Xero9 said:

So what you're saying is, people are still going to need their surface ships because that's going to be the primary way of fighting, not to mention easier to replace than a high level tame. Which results in companies still needing to build on land to ensure their ships have a safe place to be parked, built and repaired.

im just saying an underwater cave can be practical and fun, of course, you will need ships it is a core aspect of the game.

35 minutes ago, 6Xero9 said:

Yep, that was the one I was talking about

16 minutes ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

im just saying an underwater cave can be practical and fun, of course, you will need ships it is a core aspect of the game.

And I'm saying the reason of freeing up land isn't going to play a part in caves being added as land won't be freed up.

12 minutes ago, 6Xero9 said:

And I'm saying the reason of freeing up land isn't going to play a part in caves being added as land won't be freed up.

ok buddy listen they can still add underwater caves it doesn't matter if it frees up land or not it is still fun and cool to have a base underwater and if you played ark you would know 

how awesome it is to have one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

ok buddy listen they can still add underwater caves it doesn't matter if it frees up land or not it is still fun and cool to have a base underwater and if you played ark you would know 

how awesome it is to have one.

Except this ain't Ark. No-one would have a main base in an underwater cave unless they don't have any plans to have tames, farms, or ships.

31 minutes ago, 6Xero9 said:

Except this ain't Ark. No-one would have a main base in an underwater cave unless they don't have any plans to have tames, farms, or ships.

It kind of is actually. And I would

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

You don't have the game from what I remember, so you don't have any first hand experience on what is needed to build higher quality gear.

33 minutes ago, Realist said:

Realist what he’s saying you do have the background to understand from Ark. you can build a base in that mushroom cave all day long, I did. But you still need bred Rexes to do the boss fights and you can’t keep them in that cave so you still need a land base.  There is more to it but for simplicity sake what he’s saying is that unless you’re going to not have ships (at which point why are you even playing Atlas?), basing underwater won’t solve the need to build something to protect your ships, so you’re back to square one. This is what my suggestion is attempting to address.

47 minutes ago, 6Xero9 said:

You don't have the game from what I remember, so you don't have any first hand experience on what is needed to build higher quality gear.

what does have higher quality gear have to do with building in an underwater cave? and yes can have a main base in the cave we did that in ark and are you aware that atlas was supposed to be an ark DLC? note i tried to delete this.

Edited by DeliaHaze20

Feel like its the same 4-5 people on these forums spamming ideas to each other in an echo chamber, noone else here anymore.

And one of them doesn't even play the game, clearly has some attention issues. Tells you the state of the game/community