Sign in to follow this  
zottel

Higher Quality blueprints?

I've been asking myself for Quite a while now if blueprints have And certain range how high a Stat can be. I Dont mind a bit RNG but it kinda bothers me that the stats having such a range. For Cannons as an example i have a mythical BP with 140% dmg And 160% dura, i understand that not both can be a high Stat. But for gunports etc. Which only has durability it just seems like any Quality can range from 1% to 78% extra. And the dissapointment After realising the legendary gunport you just found only has 128% durability Happens too often imo.

12 minutes ago, zottel said:

I've been asking myself for Quite a while now if blueprints have And certain range how high a Stat can be. I Dont mind a bit RNG but it kinda bothers me that the stats having such a range. For Cannons as an example i have a mythical BP with 140% dmg And 160% dura, i understand that not both can be a high Stat. But for gunports etc. Which only has durability it just seems like any Quality can range from 1% to 78% extra. And the dissapointment After realising the legendary gunport you just found only has 128% durability Happens too often imo.

Yeah that seems like it would suck. Ark did it a little better. Not perfect but better.

the problem with ark was the ascendant “giga saddles” people had for years but couldn’t use till they came out with tek.

i mean why put something in a game that you won’t be able to make for over a year.

they do things on the fly man. There is no road map. I remember in the very beginning( we are talking launch day) and people were asking for a roadmap. There is no roadmap.

ark didn’t even have a road map. 

Totally get where you are coming from though. Every rarity should have a set range of quality but it should be a very small range. Not just that but depending on rarity, each rarity class should have a significant increase. Is that how you feel as well?

Edited by Realist

Yeah definitly. It does Not Need to be anything complicated but atleast least shorten the range at which they scale. I find it weird that a journyman gunport can be better than a legendary. Could even live with small overlapping that a good masterwork can be better than shitty legendarys but 2 Quality Tiers below should Not be able  to be better

I have seen mythical bp that when crafted, end up with a 0% crafting bonus (out of a crafter who has all his intel buffed up) and 100% damage before, Its a real weird RNG.

1 hour ago, zottel said:

Yeah definitly. It does Not Need to be anything complicated but atleast least shorten the range at which they scale. I find it weird that a journyman gunport can be better than a legendary. Could even live with small overlapping that a good masterwork can be better than shitty legendarys but 2 Quality Tiers below should Not be able  to be better

Yeah. That is not good at all. At least with ark we knew that journeyman was better than ramshackle. It really should be that simple. Unacceptable for anything else

1 hour ago, Liatni said:

I have seen mythical bp that when crafted, end up with a 0% crafting bonus (out of a crafter who has all his intel buffed up) and 100% damage before, Its a real weird RNG.

Change weird to lazy and you post was perfect

For my understanding each stat is capped determined by the loot source. The higher the source (map, sotd, wrakage etc.) the higer the possible roll. Quality like MW or fine are just rolls too.
I got 166% FINE carbine from q22+ Map!
Alle the turba legaendary gear is vcomming from q20+ maps.

The legendary BP from q12 to q15 maps are low quality.

The whole BP system just sucks now, after the nerfs. Worse for ship parts, i agree.

166% fine carbine is bananas.

I wish that the blueprint quality was determined AFTER the rolls were added up, not before, it would be so much easier for sorting when masterworks and legendaries had some  minimum cumulative value to merit their categorization.

BP have a average by quality and a standard deviation which is directly proportional to the average; higher average = bigger SD...

Each value in a BP is ruled separately.

If a value rules below the minimum of 100% it is set to 100%.

For example damage has a SD so big that it is very likely that the final value goes below 100% even on a mythical...

Edited by Sheepshooter

2 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

For example damage has a SD so big that it is very likely that the final value goes below 100% even on a mythical...

I question this, i found a mythical metal pick with 100%, NEVER found a tool BP with 100% before. This pick was from a ~q24 map.

So a metal hatched could roll from 0%dmg to like 400% which is a 25% Chance it ends up with 100% dmg. If i find a legendary One it which goes to like 300% dmg i have 33% Chance it ends up at 100% dmg but also a 33% Chance it gets 300dmg while i only have a 25% Chance on the mythical to be that high if im Not wrong?