Dosgimp

Atlas - MMO I will miss you

A few days with multiple MMO Official server issues that need addressing,  and tonights patch proves it to me.   Tonights Patch addressed NOTHING on official.  Only concern was all single player issues on a modded map, that again will never be an official server hosted.  ANd now consoles.   Am I wrong here?   Are the MMO Players being punished for some reason?

Nor was any comments on the forums addressed in regards to the ship going Poof issue.  

Yes Im pissed now..  I post about a ship...  MY ship just randomly going "POOF"  other players comment, we agree its a bug/issue  and bring up many points on what the issue could be.  Yet not a single response from anyone.  So what then, in the next couple days here, you gonna let more players shit go "Vanish"?     Already hardly online on the NA PVE server,  each grid i sail all night long is 1 person  me!  and thats Daily from N11 to J11.  

I don't understand...     I dont care about the poof and everything i lost with it.        Just own up to it.  let us know this is a problem you are aware and are addressing it.   If players read the forums and come across that topic. and say to them self's.  Ships can "poof"  why would they want to play, or spend the time needed to build a ship. Only so it can randomly go bye bye?

Its EA  yep for sure. WIPE the servers again, ill come back.    

But dammit guys.  A little communication WILL go a long way

Edited by Dosgimp
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dosgimp said:

A few days with multiple MMO Official server issues that need addressing,  and tonights patch proves it to me.   Tonights Patch addressed NOTHING on official.  Only concern was all single player issues on a modded map, that again will never be an official server hosted.  ANd now consoles.   Am I wrong here?   Are the MMO Players being punished for some reason?

Nor was any comments on the forums addressed in regards to the ship going Poof issue.  

Yes Im pissed now..  I post about a ship...  MY ship just randomly going "POOF"  other players comment, we agree its a bug/issue  and bring up many points on what the issue could be.  Yet not a single response from anyone.  So what then, in the next couple days here, you gonna let more players shit go "Vanish"?     Already hardly online on the NA PVE server,  each grid i sail all night long is 1 person  me!  and thats Daily from N11 to J11.  

I don't understand...     I dont care about the poof and everything i lost with it.        Just own up to it.  let us know this is a problem you are aware and are addressing it.   If players read the forums and come across that topic. and say to them self's.  Ships can "poof"  why would they want to play, or spend the time needed to build a ship. Only so it can randomly go bye bye?

Its EA  yep for sure. WIPE the servers again, ill come back.    

But dammit guys.  A little communication WILL go a long way

Blackwood went out recently
It's normal they put hotfix for it

Edited by globytheoldpirate

Sorry but sometimes it's just not about you.

I'm happy with this patch being pushed out so quickly.

Still some stuff to fix (new beds are still bugged on my server) but so happy the Server Password was fixed. 🙂 

On 8/2/2019 at 2:42 AM, globytheoldpirate said:

Blackwood went out recently
It's normal they put hotfix for it

on a map that is not meant to be officiallly supported ? they need to stop wasting time on single player and start focusing on the game they advertised , the online mmo , 

there has been little to no additions of worth to the main game for a long time now , nothing that is worth the title of  A MEGA UPDATE, all we have had is fluff and silly tames ,

they are concentrating on the console release to try one last cash grab and if it fails there the id guess all we will ever see for the next 18months of development is small qol and fluff updates , while they start work on their next title .

i wanted this game to succeed but unlike when they developed ark they seem to have no idea where they want to go with this game or even how to implement it . 

Edited by UDO
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, UDO said:

on a map that is not meant to be officiallly supported ? they need to stop wasting time on single player and start focusing on the game they advertised , the online mmo , 

there has been little to no additions of worth to the main game for a long time now , nothing that is worth the title of  A MEGA UPDATE, all we have had is fluff and silly tames ,

they are concentrating on the console release to try one last cash grab and if it fails there the id guess all we will ever see for the next 18months of development is small qol and fluff updates , while they start work on their next title .

i wanted this game to succeed but unlike when they developed ark they seem to have no idea where they want to go with this game or even how to implement it . 

Blackwood was annonced like 5 months ago, so..
Though, solo player mode able people to try the game, then go on official to meet people (on official or unofficial)

8 hours ago, globytheoldpirate said:

Though, solo player mode able people to try the game, then go on official to meet people (on official or unofficial)

Singleplayer and unofficial servers have a very good reputation + healthy communyties. I think thats a good start for new players.

11 hours ago, globytheoldpirate said:

that might be the case but i say again what has single player got to do with the giant online MMO they sold us all , yourself included ,show me any mention of single player when the game was announced . 

5 hours ago, UDO said:

that might be the case but i say again what has single player got to do with the giant online MMO they sold us all , yourself included ,show me any mention of single player when the game was announced . 

If it's not too hard to implement, and allow people to play as they want. Why not make it ?
Same as unofficial, it allows people to play as they like to.

Most of people don't play official because of time needed, or community.
With unofficial you can play how you want, with who you want
Better are a lot of people on different kind of server to have choice
than one server very fiew play with no choice at all

53 minutes ago, globytheoldpirate said:

If it's not too hard to implement, and allow people to play as they want. Why not make it ?
Same as unofficial, it allows people to play as they like to.

Most of people don't play official because of time needed, or community.

you are so wrong , most people dont play the official because the devs screwed up initially with the claim system ,which they revamped , then removed , to what we have now , having new content that was added acessible only for end game completion of tasks, powerstones, kraken kills etc,adding more tames that noone asked for , 2018 december not a single new ship released or spoken about , or any real ship related parts , ,onve u have everything built and dicovered and completed all thats left is breeding and upkeep these are some of the reasons nothing to do with time needed

With unofficial you can play how you want, with who you want

Better are a lot of people on different kind of server to have choice

better there are  a lot of people not playing the mmo that they released  and waste devs time on single player which helps nothing ? might bring in cash short term for the devs whiich is why they released single player then devoted time to a map made by a modder? , doesnt help the MAIN game in anyway .

Edited by UDO

On 8/2/2019 at 3:20 AM, Dosgimp said:

Are the MMO Players being punished for some reason?

The way i see it, we are all collectively being punished for being so stupid as to pre-purchase the game in the first place.

This is a classical pre-purchase problem, where as soon as the devs got your money, they will turn 180 degree and turn the game into whatever fucking ridiculous direction they want, while your influence on their decisions as a customer is almost exactly none.

Well...

Lesson learned.

The best we can do now is to make sure noone else has to fall for this by themselves any more.

When i paid for the game, it was still bound to become an MMO, something that seems to have gone overboard since.

On 8/4/2019 at 4:40 PM, UDO said:

If as you say, almost no-one are interested in solo/non-offi
How do you explain that ~4/10 players doesn't play on official actually ? And numbers are rising
Same for Ark, ~9/10 aren't on official.

Why don't get some time dev' on non-official, if most of the community doesn't play on official ?
Give time on both seems a nice option

4 hours ago, user1 said:

The way i see it, we are all collectively being punished for being so stupid as to pre-purchase the game in the first place.

This is a classical pre-purchase problem, where as soon as the devs got your money, they will turn 180 degree and turn the game into whatever fucking ridiculous direction they want, while your influence on their decisions as a customer is almost exactly none.

Well...

Lesson learned.

The best we can do now is to make sure noone else has to fall for this by themselves any more.

When i paid for the game, it was still bound to become an MMO, something that seems to have gone overboard since.

Maybe don't buy Early Access game if you don't like to see some change ?

I understand his pain I have had to replace the same door on my base for the past 3 days they keep poofing no errors no nothing.  And no response and animals are now just vanishing ships disapearing etc...