Novana

Blackwood is just fantastic

Why are we not talking about it more?!

I am in love with all things swampy and the second this map was announced I was just so, so excited. So here are my favorite things so far:

Spoilers(ish)-----@

-Dat village doe. It is so much more immersive. Even though you *know* that there's nothing behind that corner except more corner and maybe a wall, you keep going. Because it is such an atmospheric place. 

-Waterfalls. Girl, you are after my heart. 

-And caves oh my! Where else am I going to stash my booty?

I haven't ventured past the first island because I really just don't wanna. 

Once I figure out why I can't place eco and peachy work stations I'll be a happy camper. 

Okay I admit I'm biased and only yesterday realized why: Like Iso I am a stay at home mom (and want to be artist) who dabbles at map making but unlike her I never really got anywhere with it and I just want to say kudos!!

So what does everyone else like about blackwood? 

Edited by Novana
Typos
  • Like 2

Agreed.

Most like to focus on the negatives though rather than see the big picture of what Blackwood presents.

I like:

• The islands have a bit more character to them.
  • Ability to have old style claim flags.
  • FOY and PowerStones without doing the stupid cave runs. 😄 
  • I can host this server for me and my friends without spinning up a billion servers.
  • Map size. I'm not interested in sailing for hours so the size is perfect for me.
  • It's given me motivation to check out the devkit and see if I can do something similar.

I do hope they fix the Server Password and Bed issues though.

Yes, kudos to Iso and those who helped put this together.

Edited by Cradz
  • Like 2

Yeh if you were complaining you would have had more replies it's sad to say. The islands are excellent and deffo at exactly the right distance. It might seem weird but my favorite part is the crows cos the island i'm on has loads of them. I also like the fact that everything you need is reachable now, no fast travel needed on this map. I hope they spawn more fish round the islands soon though, as mine doesn't have any but they aren't far away so it's no biggy. The islands are beautiful  too, especially at sunrise.

• Like 1

Blackwood is really beautiful
Even if there is bug, they will be patch in time, while cool concept/beautiful things will stay there 😄 

ddRPW5l.jpg

Nu0Chw0.jpg

5UA14j1.png

v1xfQXm.jpg

fan5j95.jpg

nSCj3Sv.jpg

i6JJG6C.jpg

0Xx8Oyw.jpg

7RTPH6T.png

TaiyEdf.png

NI4A0lQ.png

qwHf49e.jpg

8YhPZXf.jpg

(some of screens aren't mine but Otawa)

Edited by globytheoldpirate
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, globytheoldpirate said:

You are breathtaking !

Well hellllllloooooo sailor!

*bats eyelashes*

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Well hellllllloooooo sailor!

*bats eyelashes*

3 hours ago, globytheoldpirate said:

Blackwood is really beautiful
Even if there is bug, they will be patch in time, while cool concept/beautiful things will stay there 😄 

ddRPW5l.jpg

Nu0Chw0.jpg

5UA14j1.png

v1xfQXm.jpg

fan5j95.jpg

nSCj3Sv.jpg

i6JJG6C.jpg

0Xx8Oyw.jpg

7RTPH6T.png

TaiyEdf.png

NI4A0lQ.png

qwHf49e.jpg

8YhPZXf.jpg

(some of screens aren't mine but Otawa)

LMAO, where is this at? Are we seeing the same map because I am not seeing anything but same old. Been all over the southern half just not in the cold yet. Thought I would check it out but nothing spectacular yet?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

LMAO, where is this at? Are we seeing the same map because I am not seeing anything but same old. Been all over the southern half just not in the cold yet. Thought I would check it out but nothing spectacular yet?

On the map
1/2 are North islands, the others souths
I myself took thooses screens (4 are from Otawa)

Either you play on low so you don't see anything, or you didn't travel enough I guess ?

The one with the pretty lights is under the water (mermaid city)

And, so looks like there is a patch for beds and landscape and stuff, anyone confirm that they are in working order 🙂

14 hours ago, Novana said:

Why are we not talking about it more?!

I am in love with all things swampy and the second this map was announced I was just so, so excited. So here are my favorite things so far:

Spoilers(ish)-----@

-Dat village doe. It is so much more immersive. Even though you *know* that there's nothing behind that corner except more corner and maybe a wall, you keep going. Because it is such an atmospheric place. 

-Waterfalls. Girl, you are after my heart. 

-And caves oh my! Where else am I going to stash my booty?

I haven't ventured past the first island because I really just don't wanna. 

Once I figure out why I can't place eco and peachy work stations I'll be a happy camper. 

Okay I admit I'm biased and only yesterday realized why: Like Iso I am a stay at home mom (and want to be artist) who dabbles at map making but unlike her I never really got anywhere with it and I just want to say kudos!!

So what does everyone else like about blackwood? 

Hell yeah man. I am glad you are enjoying it. I say the teasers and I was pretty jealous that I couldn’t play it yet. Glad you are having a blast

On 8/1/2019 at 7:41 PM, globytheoldpirate said:

On the map
1/2 are North islands, the others souths
I myself took thooses screens (4 are from Otawa)

Either you play on low so you don't see anything, or you didn't travel enough I guess ?

II dont know we have been to all the islands except the top two, just didnt look around enough I guess. All my settings are maxed.

I love how everything is close as well. My friend and I hated traveling mega distances only to have the treasure map unattainable or the island too dangerous, ect

BTW... Anyone know where I can find crystal? We can't seem to find any. 

Blackwood is perfect for play on SP or with a few friends.

There are some things I don't like too much. A.e.:

- I found bears only on the "Japanese" island (NE) and only there I could breed them.

- Hydra was respawning instant after killing.

- dragon and Hydra at the same spot is really hardcore (because you can't pull the Hydra out or I don't saw the exit).

- too many equatorial or desert islands and I haven't found "equatorial grass" soil spots. (only with these together with equatorial wood allouds you to plant all seeds on one island)

To your pictures: the first pic is from the freeport (SW corner of the island). The cave is really huge and a brig perfectly fit in there 🙂 

nice map! Just waiting for pirate forts and defence.

• Like 1

Is the sunken treasure wreck right across from the Freeport town cove bugged?  I can't seem to get it. 

Help! 

I can also confirm those locations as Ive been to many of them. Only thing Ive been disappointed in is only found 1 cave so far. And for those who haven't seen that yet, its on the freeport island. From the north freeport go left and follow the coast around you will find a waterfall then next to that the cave. Not very big I admit but its there.

Oh and the Japanesse/Chinesse type village - that's on the island where you find the dragon/hydra - on the east side of island

Edited by AntonyVW

Truly the pinnacle of MMO design: Single player content.

Thank god the devs spent their days tinkering about some solo content i outright refuse to even recognize for the sole reason that it's not even really part of the game when it is not running on the official server network, instead of taking care of obvious glaring balance problems.

This whole new massively single player always-on-drm game thing completely took me by surprise.

Edited by user1

5 hours ago, user1 said:

Truly the pinnacle of MMO design: Single player content.

Thank god the devs spent their days tinkering about some solo content i outright refuse to even recognize for the sole reason that it's not even really part of the game when it is not running on the official server network, instead of taking care of obvious glaring balance problems.

This whole new massively single player always-on-drm game thing completely took me by surprise.

You can run this map on dedicated server,
There is tons of them actually, population isn't very high for the moment, but some have 20-40 players
Which still better than nodes on official x)