Sign in to follow this  
John Doe

ancestry line

is it better to keep pure bloodline? If I breed parents and siblings between themselves, does it have consequences?

2 hours ago, John Doe said:

is it better to keep pure bloodline? If I breed parents and siblings between themselves, does it have consequences?

I cannot say for sure but the breeding system in Ark did not take this into account (ie no consequences) and I have seen no indication Atlas’s has added it.

• Thanks 1

I though that in Ark, it actually gave you a better chance for a mutation to happen.. the mutations were actually usually a bonus (higher stat, crazy color) sorta thing. No idea how far Atlas takes that into consideration.. Have bred bears n mass, all started with a single pair, no new blood introduced until near the end of my breeding program and got several stat mutations in level more than the others but, hey, I wasn't complaining.

Interbreeding does not produce negative effects in Atlas, however mutations can arise in Ark from inbreeding.

Feel free to let your Alabama bears do what Alabama bears do.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Liatni said:

I though that in Ark, it actually gave you a better chance for a mutation to happen.. the mutations were actually usually a bonus (higher stat, crazy color) sorta thing. No idea how far Atlas takes that into consideration.. Have bred bears n mass, all started with a single pair, no new blood introduced until near the end of my breeding program and got several stat mutations in level more than the others but, hey, I wasn't complaining.

After over 4K hours in Ark I neither saw nor heard anything to indicate inbreeding increased mutation chances, and I knew some pretty serious breeders. To the best of my knowledge mutations in Ark had a chance to occur per breeding cycle which could be boosted with a certain tek item, but whether the mating pairs were related was a non factor.

I used to ask lawyers if a Mississippi couple gets a divorce, are they still legally brother and sister?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1