Badkebab

What makes you feel like no longer playing atlas.

Let's make a list of whatakes you not want to play. There is always a thing that makes you say screw this perhaps it could serves as a to do list for the developers. Single point per post don't quote each others long posts just reply please scrolling past the same pieces of text over and over because people quote all the time is just annoying.

What makes me want to quit is being offline raided 4 nights in a row by 4 different companies. Npc defences are absolutely useless.

Edited by Badkebab

3 minutes ago, Badkebab said:

Let's make a list of whatakes you not want to play. There is always a thing that makes you say screw this perhaps it could serves as a to do list for the developers. Single point per post don't quote each others long posts just reply please scrolling past the same pieces of text over and over because people quote all the time is just annoying.

What makes me want to quit is being offline raided 4 nights in a row by 4 different companies. Npc defences are absolutely useless.

Crossplay. I’ll will still play it even if crossplay happens because I believe a lot of nerfs need to be implemented if this happens.

who am I kidding??? If crossplay happened, I would not only buy it but become even more active than before. I would love to control the experience of pc players.

Edited by Realist

First reply and you ignored the part about not quoting "golf clap"

You also didn't reply with something relevant to the thread but just tried to make the discussion about something you have already started a discussion about.

Edited by Badkebab

having to go up against the hacking/cheating/exploting Chinese. which if you ever mess with them they will just steam roll you. so everybody picks the other side of the map away from CTSG.

Well, while I play Atlas and don't run up against things that would make me want to quit Atlas as a game. I DID quit playing Official Atlas  because, of the cheats other players were exploiting to stay ahead (they were not playing the game as its meant to be played).. So, yeah..  Other players made me quit official 😛 And until the devs can get a handle on that.. I will avoid official play for evah. heh. Not saying they are not working on it, They have patched and reworked a LOT of things as players were found exploiting them. But, unless they can get to the point of a full lock down of it, I just cant do it. lol.. BUGS is the game don't bother me, report them and keep going. Players who find the bug then use them against me, bothers me, and if those players who find and use a bug/exploit instead, of reporting them so they can be fixed. are not removed from the gameplay soon after, bugs me even more.

Edited by Liatni

39 minutes ago, Badkebab said:

First reply and you ignored the part about not quoting "golf clap"

You also didn't reply with something relevant to the thread but just tried to make the discussion about something you have already started a discussion about.

Oh, sorry, I was replying to the title of the thread. Totally didn’t realize that the title had no meaning and that I should only reply about what you wanted me to.

• Haha 1

• Time sinks:

Spent tens of hours looking for the ghost ship. Got nothing to show for it.

Spent days looking for that missing discovery point in A1/B1 but cannot find it. Again, for all my time spent, i got absolutely fucking nothing.

50% of the time, there is no wind.

When there is wind, there is going to be fog.

• No loot, only blueprints. What's up with that?
  • Only 4 different ship types
  • Having to feed the tames.
  • Having to use tames. Is this still a game about ships and pirates?
  • Alliances are worthless. I can't even help repairing an allied ship. Or fast travel to their boats for doing treasure maps together.
  • Too much focus on big corps. Most higher tier content is unattainable for small corps.
  • Offline raiding
  • People walling off areas and building huge fucking disney castles on top of treasure spawns
  • Game balance is tied for the worst i ever had the misfortune to witness in any game i have played in my entire life
  • Losing tens of hours of progress because my bear fell into a crevice or i couldn't get to my dead body in order to retrieve my all legendary loot due to 5 fire elementals guarding it

Sorry for breaking the single point per post rule, but that would probably just get me banned for spamming.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

having to go up against the hacking/cheating/exploting Chinese. which if you ever mess with them they will just steam roll you. so everybody picks the other side of the map away from CTSG.

21 minutes ago, Liatni said:

Well, while I play Atlas and don't run up against things that would make me want to quit Atlas as a game. I DID quit playing Official Atlas  because, of the cheats other players were exploiting to stay ahead (they were not playing the game as its meant to be played).. So, yeah..  Other players made me quit official 😛 And until the devs can get a handle on that.. I will avoid official play for evah. heh.

There does tend to be a lot more cheating/hacking on pc. One of the reasons(I forgot to mention). Not sure why the on crowd is it’s on doing this.

might be the mouse and keyboard. Hell I don’t know. It might be that need for advantage I guess.

moght he something else because some of these guys have some real problems right now. Starting to feel bad for them to be honest.

The ship variety is horrible, for combat purposes, I feel that the difference between the Brig and Schooner is so minimal it comes down to personal choice.

3 hours ago, Badkebab said:

I got hit by a Chinese legendary/mythical galleon destroyed my harbour and my base spent hours making plus my tames. and breeding is stupid like why do I need to go to a different grid just to get an egg. and I hate blueprints I get crap and if I get a good one getting the resources is insane. 

so I'm having a real hard time playing this game...

Great idea for a thread as this can invaluable feedback for the devs.  Atlas is a game whose mechanics nearly force exploration. That means there’s a lot of sailing involved. To the extent the journey is made harder without making it more interesting, my desire to play wanes. I feel like their should be a variety of things to keep me engaged whether I’m at the helm or in a crow’s nest. Some things exist already but need beefing up like music and dance and the sextant and flotsam. Others could be added like card games.

I'm still a new player. I haven't given up yet... but I'm only playing on PvE. Still...

• the exploits and foundation spamming just sucks
  • the wind dying away is realistic(ish) 
  • the rainstorms and ship seeking cyclones in packs are messed up. I'd rather have a large storm
  • lack of NPC's (I'd like to see NPC vendor and maybe random villagers)

No real reward for stuff.  Blueprints are great, but it's like, hey you beat that high level sotd, now go farm 50 islands on opposite ends of the map to be able use anything you got.  There should be actual items in some of the drops, coupled with BPs, that'd be awesome.

And just in general, the journey is fun, the reward for the journey isn't, I've climbed so many mountains just to find normal wood and berries at the top, I want to find rarer resources at the tops of mountains, or a little village to explore, not just 3 pigs and tons of poop.  Or the alphas dropping normal resources, why not loot, I might enjoy them then.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Ibbette said:

No real reward for stuff.  Blueprints are great, but it's like, hey you beat that high level sotd, now go farm 50 islands on opposite ends of the map to be able use anything you got.  There should be actual items in some of the drops, coupled with BPs, that'd be awesome.

And just in general, the journey is fun, the reward for the journey isn't, I've climbed so many mountains just to find normal wood and berries at the top, I want to find rarer resources at the tops of mountains, or a little village to explore, not just 3 pigs and tons of poop.  Or the alphas dropping normal resources, why not loot, I might enjoy them then.

Good point.

just thought of another things...

• heat/cold extremes that I can't find avoid with fire or diving in water...
  • spoiling... on me crazy fast, in larder just a little bit less crazy fast, in preserving bag with salts just a little better than larder
  • can't put preserving salts in the larder...
Edited by Geminia_Sierra

5 minutes ago, Geminia_Sierra said:

just thought of another things...

• heat/cold extremes that I can't find avoid with fire or diving in water...
  • soiling... on me crazy fast, in larder just a little bit less crazy fast, in preserving bag with salts just a little better than larder
  • can't put preserving salts in the larder...

You can however stack ice from an icebox with preserving salts for even longer spoil times, plus grown crops have longer times at base than things like berries or cooked meats.

1. Both Reddit and this forum have a group of very outspoken players who's attitudes hinder the game's development. They tend to be really ignorant of other games and development practices. It makes me fear that the game isn't going anywhere.
  2. Lost tames due to RNG or goofy mechanics
  3. S...... a...... i..... l....      s..... o..... u.... n..... d....       l.... a..... g..... caused by the sound in game being always forced to quaternize.
  4. Cyclones
  5. The sleep inducing color palette of tropical zones.
Edited by PeglegTheAngry

1 hour ago, Geminia_Sierra said:
  • soiling... on me crazy fast

You may want to visit your doctor and adjust your diet if you're soiling yourself that fast. Or if it's not you doing the soiling, you may want to find some new friends.

For me though, I'd say the time it takes to do anything worthwhile. It's been many times I've found myself saying "I got two hours before I have to go to work... Well, can't really do anything on Atlas in that time aside from maintenance, so I'll play something else instead."

Edited by Kidori
  • Haha 1

I done all pve so my max lvl is 150 but way to exp are to limited. I want back all way to exp still available after level 100.

Because i stop doing treasure map im stuck at 105 for so long time without get any exp. 

Edited by Kulchatila

36 minutes ago, Kidori said:

You may want to visit your doctor and adjust your diet if you're soiling yourself that fast. Or if it's not you doing the soiling, you may want to find some new friends.

it's all those berries...  fixed my typo...

The time to do things... yeah

i have already lost count on how many times i have given the same feedback already but here we go:

-Decay system

-Lack of a meaningfull progression

-Content hidden behind groupal activities

-Lack of ingame logic (pirates are forced to live under a feudal lord, submarines fire ballista ammo instead of torpedos, boats can fire torpedos instead of cannon balls, bows have higher DPS than guns, etc)

-Usless skill tree branches (the only reason to go for the weapons skill branch is the carbine since we all know bows have higher DPS and versatility than guns)

-Ship upgrades dont feel meaningfull and are lost upong ship sinking (wich forces you to not use that ship you worked hard for due to high risk low reward situations)

-SotD gold drops are stupidly low wich forces you to do treasures (being forced to do something you might not like doesnt rly feel like the life a pirate would choose)

-Time and effort put in the game doesnt feel rewarding

-Game feels very unfriendly towards solo players (having to stop after each fight to manually repair the ship breaks the immersion)

-Unnecessary nerfs of fun features like guns and gliders

-Exploration is boring, repetitive, tedious and unrewarding

-Sailing is boring, and overly simplistic (no special skills, no cool animations, only fire cannons, fire cannons again, and fire cannons until you fall sleep)

-Earning gold feels meaningless (there is no cool goal to grind gold for in PvE) also not enough variety in ways to obtain gold other than treasure chests (SotDs should drop gold, not fucking people)

-Bows durability is absurdly low (i have to carry at least 3 at all times)

Edited by The D Legacy
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:
  1. Both Reddit and this forum have a group of very outspoken players who's attitudes hinder the game's development. They tend to be really ignorant of other games and development practices. It makes me fear that the game isn't going anywhere.

If you are a development team and your game fails because you were swayed too heavily by an outspoken minority on Reddit or a forum without cross checking their input against other sources available to you, then your game deserved to fail.

I have the highest post count and the highest reputation on this forum. I have 15 years experience playing online games in general and most of that MMO’s specifically. I have never worked on a game and never written a lick of code. I write many long winded posts offering my views on the game. If Grapecard pays too much attention to what I have to say relative to other inputs available to them, they are being foolish.

I certainly hope that they give some consideration to my views, but if just posting a lot here had a really big impact on Atlas’s development, you would already have noticed that this game was starting to feel more like an Olivia Munn simulator than you cared for and that it was becoming excessively Cheeto flavored.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

i have already lost count on how many times i have given the same feedback already but here we go:

-Decay system

-Lack of a meaningfull progression

-Content hidden behind groupal activities

-Lack of ingame logic (pirates are forced to live under a feudal lord, submarines fire ballista ammo instead of torpedos, boats can fire torpedos instead of cannon balls, bows have higher DPS than guns, etc)

-Usless skill tree branches (the only reason to go for the weapons skill branch is the carbine since we all know bows have higher DPS and versatility than guns)

-Ship upgrades dont feel meaningfull and are lost upong ship sinking (wich forces you to not use that ship you worked hard for due to high risk low reward situations)

-SotD gold drops are stupidly low wich forces you to do treasures (being forced to do something you might not like doesnt rly feel like the life a pirate would choose)

-Time and effort put in the game doesnt feel rewarding

-Game feels very unfriendly towards solo players (having to stop after each fight to manually repair the ship breaks the immersion)

-Unnecessary nerfs of fun features like guns and gliders

-Exploration is boring, repetitive, tedious and unrewarding

-Sailing is boring, and overly simplistic (no special skills, no cool animations, only fire cannons, fire cannons again, and fire cannons until you fall sleep)

-Earning gold feels meaningless (there is no cool goal to grind gold for in PvE) also not enough variety in ways to obtain gold other than treasure chests (SotDs should drop gold, not fucking people)

My gold dump atm is my int set that id going to set me back several hundred thousand gold.

35 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

If you are a development team and your game fails because you were swayed too heavily by an outspoken minority on Reddit or a forum without cross checking their input against other sources available to you, then your game deserved to fail.

I have the highest post count and the highest reputation on this forum. I have 15 years experience playing online games in general and most of that MMO’s specifically. I have never worked on a game and never written a lick of code. I write many long winded posts offering my views on the game. If Grapecard pays too much attention to what I have to say relative to other inputs available to them, they are being foolish.

I certainly hope that they give some consideration to my views, but if just posting a lot here had a really big impact on Atlas’s development, you would already have noticed that this game was starting to feel more like an Olivia Munn simulator than you cared for and that it was becoming excessively Cheeto flavored.

Yeah you are pretty outspoken. Don’t worry I like it. That wasn’t an insult.

i am pretty sure he meant me 😂 you do have a really good point though. If I had my way there would be factions already lol. Guess they haven’t gotten hindered too much.

the hindering in question is in the eyes of the beholder. I think a lot of people are hindering development but that doesn’t make me right.