Sign in to follow this  
seruum

Quests and discovery points

Ok i know quest completetions ofteb give discovery points. I know powerstones whale hunter kraken kill with 9 stones all award points. Does anyone have an exact number and can somone tell me if the kraken 2.0 kill with all stones done also grants discoveries and if so how many. Im lvl 103 now and only have kraken 2 quest, sunken treasure quest and master cartographer left. Just trying to work out exact numbers of atlas discoveries after quests to hit that lvl 150.

I did all the quests and was at 150 right before I got the cartographer, no extra needed.

• Like 1

So pretty much need all quests and need to nearly complete cartographer. Thanks for the reply.

Well seems kraken 1.0 and 2.0 both give 5 max levels if you have completed the stones needed. Idk if you still need stones but did kraken 2.0 this weekend and managed to get +5 to max level. Sunken treasure adds no discoveries. Whales i think are 40 each so with discoveries per lvl at 23.5 you will get 1-2. Can't recall what powerstones give but i know i atleast got 1 level each and im pretty sure squid also gives 40 discoveries. Anyone care to add anything lol.

1 hour ago, seruum said:

Well seems kraken 1.0 and 2.0 both give 5 max levels if you have completed the stones needed. Idk if you still need stones but did kraken 2.0 this weekend and managed to get +5 to max level. Sunken treasure adds no discoveries. Whales i think are 40 each so with discoveries per lvl at 23.5 you will get 1-2. Can't recall what powerstones give but i know i atleast got 1 level each and im pretty sure squid also gives 40 discoveries. Anyone care to add anything lol.

unknown.png

it is ~ 35.1 now, it changed 3 times since 23.5.

Kraken 1 was 250, it is more like 170 now.

Kraken 2 150 DP.

PS are 40, essence 60 from the top of my head

Newer chars get way less DP then the old one got "corrected" with the latest DP changing patch.

All q gets you to like level 84, it is about 1000 DP from quests, for new chars.
My new char:
unknown.png

and my old one
unknown.png

Everything Q and DP related got changed so often!
New chars need to explore more to get to higher level.

THIS was reported multiple times btw.
For the new char the numbers dont add up, it seems the Kv1(dp) was stolen, or bugged out or what ever. I did both krakens after the PS, or essence, never before.

They should add 20 discovery bonus if you manage to get all discoveries in one server to make it worth while. im currently going for 1 level per day in discoveries and it is a hard grind i can tell you. Max level 110 now so only like 1400 more discoveries i guess. According to the chart above.

7 hours ago, seruum said:

Max level 110 now so only like 1400 more discoveries i guess. According to the chart above.

700 discoveries, they give 2 points each. But yeah, AND then you need to grind ~25k additional XP, you dont even have a third of the XP needed for 150 yet.

Happy grinding!

1 hour ago, Kummba said:

700 discoveries, they give 2 points each. But yeah, AND then you need to grind ~25k additional XP, you dont even have a third of the XP needed for 150 yet.

Happy grinding!

well might as well keep it going 😛 got no more content to get through unless i want to start breeding, don't have enough time for that.

9 hours ago, seruum said:

well might as well keep it going 😛 got no more content to get through unless i want to start breeding, don't have enough time for that.

who does lol we are gonna we a wipe anyways, if not for the platforms crossover we will when the game gets officially released, so isnt it kinda pointless to go farther than the very minimum necesary to play the game, i had to learn this the hard way, with the last wipe i lost 600 hrs of exploration (and exploration is not precisely fun to be honest)

Edited by The D Legacy

4 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

who does lol we are gonna we a wipe anyways, if not for the platforms crossover we will when the game gets officially released, so isnt it kinda pointless to go farther than the very minimum necesary to play the game, i had to learn this the hard way, with the last wipe i lost 600 hrs of exploration (and exploration is not precisely fun to be honest)

The game is what you make of it. Im ok with starting over, i did it with every ark dlc. I have always been a progressive player, if i don't set goals and have something to work towards i know i will soon get bored of the game. Yes exploring can be boring but you can also find some pretty cool things. I found an island with literally thousands of metal and coal nodes 2 squares from me. This is something you cannot see on the wiki, you can see what's there but not how much. Exploring just for discoveries can get really boring without setting side missions so set up a few little hubs you can farm at. Say hi to some people and network a little. This game is all about knowledge you can complete all endgame with primitive gear with the right strategies and right people.

43 minutes ago, seruum said:

The game is what you make of it. Im ok with starting over, i did it with every ark dlc. I have always been a progressive player, if i don't set goals and have something to work towards i know i will soon get bored of the game. Yes exploring can be boring but you can also find some pretty cool things. I found an island with literally thousands of metal and coal nodes 2 squares from me. This is something you cannot see on the wiki, you can see what's there but not how much. Exploring just for discoveries can get really boring without setting side missions so set up a few little hubs you can farm at. Say hi to some people and network a little. This game is all about knowledge you can complete all endgame with primitive gear with the right strategies and right people.

Pre wipe i had 600 hrs of exploration and an excell with 25 grids worth of resources fully mapped by myself, yet once you know you surroundings (lets say4 grids around you in all directions) most of the exploration loses meaning simply due to the fact that going for a mythical ship (as an example) in a game that :

a) can wipe at any given time

b) can crash mid battle vs a SotD galleon

c) can simply blow your ship up (decay system) if you decide to take a break from the game

Is totally not worth it, i am a PvE solo player and as such social interactions are irrelevant for me, i like seeing people around doing their own lifes cause it can get funny sometimes but socializing is not something i look forward in games, rather as you said i prefer to set my own goals and go after them, thats why i complain so much about the current state of the game, in my current set of circumstances content hidden behind groupal activities feels like a big bother that forces me to socialize when what i really want is to achieve my goals, it demoralizes me due to long term goals (such as the mythical ship) being very high time consuming investments with unpredictable high risk situations and low real profit locked behind groupal content (unless you can efficiently farm mythos alone wich i doubt).

Then you consider other potential goals and you find yourself in a similar situation, lets say that instead of going after a mythical ship you decide to invest your time into growing your skill tree, after not long you will realise that once you have some key skills unlocked the rest are simply filers and considering the fact that exploration (while rewarding in the early stages as a mean to know the location of important resources) is on itself slow, boring and tedious, getting more levels to get more skill points to unlock those not rly usefull skills is (to say it softly) not rewarding

Wich brings me to the 3rd point, even if i decided to deal with all of that for the sake of killing time (wich is not the case but lets assume it is) those goals take up a considerable ammount of time and effort, wich is perfectly fine, but you eventually reach the point where you need a break from the game (wich is normal, and happens in every game) yet you are pressured by the game to not to take as much time off the game as you would like because it would be a shame if the decay system would blow up that mythical ship you got there.

I dont like easy things, and i like to set my own goals and work to achive them but the way i enjoy videogames clashes frontally with the game's current design

Edited by The D Legacy

I often farm hydras solo with a brig and a few swivel guns with canister shot and a carbine to pull. D12 has an island with no fire elementals no leatherwings no lions and the 4 hydra spawn spots are super close to the beach one of which you can pull from the mast of you boat and not even step onto land.