Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Who actually wants crossplay?

Who actually wants crossplay?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who actually wants crossplay?

• I DO(even though there will be a 100% wipe of all servers)
    • I DON’T

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

Ok time too see who wants crossplay and a wipe.

I can't say I'm for or against it. What I would like is more information about why some feel it's a bad thing. I'm poorly informed about the pros and cons of this. Enlighten me.

3 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I can't say I'm for or against it. What I would like is more information about why some feel it's a bad thing. I'm poorly informed about the pros and cons of this. Enlighten me.

Well there is actually different levels of advantages. Pc players that have played both ark and atlas will definitely have the greatest advantage. Next would be of players who have played atlas but not ark. Next would be console players that have played ark and then console players that have not played ark. 

The main people we should feel bad for is the console players that haven’t played ark. These poor guys are going to have a hard enough time without crossplay and they are just looking for an mmo and have no clue about atlas or ark(they are totally screwed). Especially if you take into account all of the veteran ark/atlas pc players.

crossplay would definitely ruin the console release as I see people leaving even faster than the pc release.

pc players already have a very big strategic advantage as well. You guys have been all over the map, know where all the best places to build or collect resources are, are already familiar with the taming and breeding system(which I have been told by many on here it is different from ark).

my main proof of this is that even though I can look things up on the internet, you yourself has had to correct me on things I didn’t know because I do not play. Actually the one thing everyone gets on me about has become my biggest piece of evidence as to how bad of an idea crossplay would actually be. So to be honest, even the console ark veterans would be at a severe disadvantage, and would not likely stay either. There is already a lot of skepticism towards the co pant with them always favoring pc over console so they don’t really have any room for mistakes(which crossplay would be).

another one would be the whole “performance” issue. This one I don’t care about too much but others will definitely take it as a bad thing. For instance. On Twitter a lot have been asking when Xbox release will be. I have been telling them “they might be doing crossplay” so far 100% of the people I have said that to have been pissed off. The most common reply was “are you kidding me, wtf?”.

another reason and maybe the most important reason especially for your pc guys that still love the game is the success of the console release. If the console release fails and they don’t make that much, I really don’t see them continuing development for that much longer. Without crossplay, Xbox will be a success now that they have had time to avoid a pc release fiasco. With crossplay they run the risk(big risk) of it falling flat on its face. Ark made a lot of money but not enough to get atlas going forever and if they ever want to make another game they are going to have to save some because atlas isn’t doing it.

ok, that was why it was bad for consoles. Here is why it will be bad for pc players. The biggest reason it would be bad for pc players is of course the 100% possibility of a wipe. Yeah it will happen no matter what. You and others may not mind a wipe, but you saw how many people enraged when the first one came. That will be the final nail for some players.

another bad thing for the pc players is that the console people will complain about anything they feel that pc has an advantage on especially aiming. If crossplay comes, expect a lot of nerfs to certain mechanics which will force you to go down to the performance level of console. We will definitely hinder your experience so the playing field will be level. 

Remember those poor console players that never even played ark I mentioned earlier? Yeah if you thought the pc players turned it into a nerf fest kitty island, just want till those newbies come in. They are going to complain so hard you won’t ecen be able to find an alpha without sailing to 10 islands first. The combat system? Yeah they are going to need that nerfed too.

dont get me started on the raiding and claim system. There will probably only be a 1 hour raid window of the defenders choice. And they will definitely need to add a lot more islands because those new guys are going to need their own private island.

that is just a few off the top of my head. I might come back later for more lol. Some of the pc people on here “think” they want console players because it will bring extra players. Wait till those console players change the game for them.

• Thanks 1

I think console players need separate servers for release. Realist has given you most, if not all the reasons why. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wotannatow said:

I think console players need separate servers for release. Realist has given you most, if not all the reasons why. 

Given the costs and logistics of Atlas's game grid, that's a pretty tall order, but I appreciate him laying out the case for the difficulties otherwise. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Given the costs and logistics of Atlas's game grid, that's a pretty tall order, but I appreciate him laying out the case for the difficulties otherwise. 

Don’t worry if console people get their own servers I am sure we will give them enough money to run both the pc and console grids lol

11 minutes ago, Wotannatow said:

My personal top comment since release 🤣😂

@Realist

Ok so again the least qualified person makes the biggest post. Someone send realist a blowup doll, he clearly needs a release.

Some people, realist the non gaming gamer among them, bitch about server pop nom stop. Now you are against a feature that would add population to servers. Funny, ironically so.

Then there is the case you make that PC players have the advantage, ark, atlas, blah blah bullshit, blah. Guess what, gamers learn to play games fairly quickly. Please dont suggest consoles players are inept. They are largely children and teenagers, not people suffering from downs.

Crossplay is new and its big and its awesome. Free the shackles of proprietary consoles and the added expense that comes with a good PC. Come one and come all to simply play a game without reguard to your brand of choice hindering you.

Oh also, they did this in Sea of thieves and it worked great. Played with other PC gamers and X box gamers. Super solid, super fun.

I voted that I don't. Simple reason why..... we need the Devs working on more important stuff. In fact forget about console and pay attention to the platform that it is already out on. Leave console until release because we don't need yet another EA that gets split between bug fixing on two or three platforms.

I also say no to crossplay because look at ARK, when do PC/Xbox/PlayStation/Windows10 ghet the updates simultaneously? Hell Xbox and Windows 10 don't even get them simultaneously a lot of the time. So instead of creating themselves hassle with crossplay, just forget about it and focus on more important things.

• Thanks 1

I think Crossplay would be a good idea,  once the game is ready for it.    I rather see the Dev's isolate game issues, that is hindering its current playerbase, before reaching out to a new playerbase.      Lets Focus and tackle getting the game stable, working, systems in place, "factions", i also think would be a great idea.   

I honestly dont think we need to worry about any more tames, etc.   What we could do for example is fix the follow distance on the elephant so it doesn't keep getting stuck up the one its following ass.  Having the follow distance low, but i dont want have to keep jumping on it to back it up off.  These are the issues that active players will notice,  not so much the dev's.  Its up to us to bring these kind of issues to their attention.

Again as you all know, the majority of my post's are about current ingame issues.  Or bugs found.  lets work as a team get all these things noticed and fixed as the Dev work on more MMO content.   I will continue to help them as I find issues.   Course a little "acknowledgement would be nice"   IE - Okay thank you for this, we will look into it.  Would be nice from time to time..

And yes of course I am still  burned by my ship "poofing" last night.   But now i know,  If you dont undock your sub from your ship once every 21 days.  The sub will take the ship down with it.    A very hard lesson to learn..     But now its known and the Dev's can add that to the list. 

And Im still here.  Waiting to get home from work,  Ive got a new ship needs building. 

• Like 1

Extra Players is always a Good thing imo. Give Gamers some credit as well because It Shouldn't be an issue that Alpha players know more than newbies.  Once it launches Officially, I do expect a wipe and I am ok with that even tho we have a buttload of animals and a buttload of boats. (either that or they will make legacy servers and stop supporting them later down the road...)New players have access to Google just like everyone else... But my main Concern now is that the Dev's are going to be spreading themselves too thin, between Solo Player and Blackwood,The next Mega Update, and now this?  Priorities Need to be made about the game. A stable core game Needs to be in place before you branch out and do more.  I really feel like the Dev's need to have someone on their team that actually plays on an official server. So you can see for yourselves all the Nuances and Things that really annoy or piss people off. My Biggest complaint? I love my freaking Giraffe (her name is Lovey) But she can't go up a freaking ramp?!?! gets stuck on freaking pebbles! Let's add some actual pirate content! Can we get some more boats or sails? I still think Atlas has great potential, But I feel as tho they need to reel it in a bit, take a step back and refocus on what they want the Core game needs to be.  

p.s also where's my freaking hat? Are they waiting til there are absolutely not Pre-wipe players left to actually have this ready?

also- Rawr, rawr , GRR bark bark rawr. MEow.

Edited by Quinshala
  • Like 1

Of course the developers want to launch their games on as many platforms they possinly can to make the most possible money. But as soon as they aim for console, the console companies have a lot of say. It will be they who decide if and when a game, even patches and mods are going to be available on their platform. 

5 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

@Realist

Ok so again the least qualified person makes the biggest post. Someone send realist a blowup doll, he clearly needs a release.

Some people, realist the non gaming gamer among them, bitch about server pop nom stop. Now you are against a feature that would add population to servers. Funny, ironically so.

Then there is the case you make that PC players have the advantage, ark, atlas, blah blah bullshit, blah. Guess what, gamers learn to play games fairly quickly. Please dont suggest consoles players are inept. They are largely children and teenagers, not people suffering from downs.

Crossplay is new and its big and its awesome. Free the shackles of proprietary consoles and the added expense that comes with a good PC. Come one and come all to simply play a game without reguard to your brand of choice hindering you.

Oh also, they did this in Sea of thieves and it worked great. Played with other PC gamers and X box gamers. Super solid, super fun.

I am the most qualified when it comes to console and that is what this is about. 

A blow up doll huh? Very mature. A lot of things you say tell more about you then it does about me. 

Personally I cant wait for console release, and i'll buy that too. As for multi platform, a lot of games are already playing cross platform and it seems to work ok. After all, you got a lot of people moaning that they don't meet enough people in game right? Well that'll be that solved. The only annoying thing is I'll have to pay for xbox live and I hate giving microsoft more money than I already have to, that's why I only play sp games on my console thus far, and mmo's on pc. But it will be interesting to see a console version, I hope the devs make shed loads of money too.

5 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

More players and less Realist?

What is not to love about that?

😋

Oooo baby, you would be not only getting a whole lot more realist, but you would be getting all the console people that actually want more nerfs because they are new 😂

i am almost starting to want crossplay to be honest. If you thought the pc snowflakes nerfed the game into the ground you haven’t seen anything yet.

to be honest the more I think about it, The more I will want crossplay. Good luck getting updates. Microsoft constantly kicks back this companies updates with QA errors. If crossplay happens they have to happen at the same time.

just a quick heads up, with ark on Xbox every time they announced an update it always came a week later. Pc always got it on time because of steam.

get ready to be a console player 👍

3 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

I bet the farm that everybody voting no will be on xbox, everyone voting yes will be on pc

Pretty much. Can’t wait for the next big fail as usual. If these guys make a decision you know it will end badly lol

Edited by Realist

5 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

More players and less Realist?

What is not to love about that?

😋

A new month just started. Let’s see what the new peak will be(usually happens by the 10th) 😂

While we are on the subject. It barely hit August with numbers still dropping. 

Now of the console release won’t be until nov/dec like I said, we still have 3 to 4 months before console even releases.

we still haven’t seen the rock bottom even on August 1st. The funny thing was people wanted to say that “steam ratings” were becoming more positive lol. Who cares 😂 the Xbox guys won’t be reading steam reviews.

they will however be listening to all of the other social media outlets for the game(yeah I am there)lol

they sure won’t be here. Just me for right now. 

So we have 3 full months of you guys playing and building even if there is a November 1st release(won’t happen). But hen the playerbase will not only drop but just imagine this.

you are ready and prepared for a wipe right? Cool. But no sorry the wipe isn’t coming for 3 months lol so play and build for 3 months and then yeah your stuff is gone lol

no matter how much I say their ideas are stupid, they are not stupid with marketing and hype(probably some of the best really), there is a reason they are silent.

for example. Dollie answered a question in a thread marked as “crossplay”. Her reply was we will he console release as soon as possible. Total hype without any actual information. That is exactly why I called her out and she had no response because she didn’t want to say anything about crossplay.

it doesn’t matter if they will actually use crossplay or not. The fact that it “might” happen leaves room for debate. It also raises hype.

the unfortunate truth is that they will never be able to actually deliver it so the hype is already dead lol

17 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

@Realist

Actually a lot of people have said they wish they didn't do cross play on SOT.  Even on that game PC player dominates a console player a one on one land fight. PC player moves around a lot faster so has more of a advantage. I have it and play it on both so can 100% confirm that. Besides that everything else is good and works the same.

Cross play doesn't work on every game and this is one of those games it just doesn't work with and hope they don't do it. At least current gen consoles.

Now I agree on this one with Realist. I just don't agree with all the reasons he has. I don't think people wouldn't buy the game or people would leave because some know the map better and know how things work. I mean it isn't like it would be 100% Console vs PC. A lot of console players would join ranks with some PC players. What if Red dead redemption did cross play when or if PC gets a release. Think PC players wouldn't buy it because they would have a disadvantage?..... yeah sure some will be butt hurt because of it but it wouldn't destroy it.

Performance for me is the main issue. I have a pretty good PC and the game doesn't run that smooth. My PC would absolutely blow the current consoles out the water in performance. So instead of having better performance I must accept them lowering the performance so it can run on the current consoles? When you have a sandbox game like this that you can build, destroy things and so much more just makes cross play as of right now hard to do without crapping on someone.

Also must we go into the updates? They just cant freely update PC once cross play happens. They can't freely update console at any given time. They have to send it to Microsoft/Sony to get approved first. If they deny the update they have to work on it more and send it in again. So sure that would be kinda good for PC side because it would mean they can't just put in junk updates. But let me assure you the junk still comes regardless. It will still come in with bugs and more. Most of why it gets deny is because of the way it is coded it will mess the console up. So you still get the junk/buggy updates just takes longer to get. 

Sure more players is always great but you really have to look more into the pros and cons before you say yes. For me we have more cons vs pros to do cross play for this specific game. At least for the current gen consoles. Next gen consoles I will most likely have a different view on as performance seems like it will be pretty on par with a low end PC so it would work in performance better. Also the way things have been the past 6-10 years both Sony and Microsoft might change some of the terms and conditions a little with the way more and more alpha games have been coming around and such.  Of course that is a maybe not saying they will on that.

44 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

You lost your bet before you even posted it.

Lmao yeah, I have PC and voted no. So say he lost. What did he bet? Lol

50 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

You lost your bet before you even posted it.

Did that farm come with a farmer’s daughter or just a bunch of chickens? I’m gonna need to know what sort of farm he put up before I know whether to keep it or just list on Zillow and pocket the cash.

• Haha 1

On 8/1/2019 at 5:37 AM, Realist said:

Oooo baby, you would be not only getting a whole lot more realist, but you would be getting all the console people that actually want more nerfs because they are new 😂

i am almost starting to want crossplay to be honest. If you thought the pc snowflakes nerfed the game into the ground you haven’t seen anything yet.

Sounds like the socialists commercials during the EU elections: "Because we love Europe we have to change it"
Go to your wife/GF and tell here: "Honey, I love you, but not as you are"

Now we are promised that more than one Realist exists, they are coming for us, and they all like Atlas, but not as it is intended...🙄

But maybe it is the same promise as that a Realist will never Crossplay... that did not age well aswell...
So you are invited to come to our island... can breed and farm as you like, we got low taxes and always like more PVE guys around...