Sign in to follow this  
FatalCrazy

False rumors about wipe !

I have 1300Hrs, I play since first day, Developers could to create post a forum post, disprove these false rumors.

To bring more confidence to other players, there are players who don't want to come play because they think the game will erase everything soon.

There are players giving up on the game,  think this is true.

Stop spreading that the game will erase everything in soon, is false.

Edited by FatalCrazy

2 minutes ago, FatalCrazy said:

I have 1300Hrs, I play since first day, Developers could to create post a forum post, disprove these false rumors.

To bring more confidence to other players, there are players who don't want to come play because they think the game will erase everything soon.

Who said that?

15 minutes ago, FatalCrazy said:

Well to make matters worse it might actually be true.

if they do decide to go crossplay when console release which I don’t want to happen either but yes

IF THEY DO CROSSPLAY WITH CONSOLE THERE WILL 100% BE A WIPE!

i wasn’t yelling at you or anything. That just needs to be widely known by everyone because if crossplay happens, without a doubt a wipe is most definitely coming for absolute sure.

Edited by Realist

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

Well to make matters worse it might actually be true.

if they do decide to go crossplay when console release which I don’t want to happen either but yes

IF THEY DO CROSSPLAY WITH CONSOLE THERE WILL 100% BE A WIPE!

i wasn’t yelling at you or anything. That just needs to be widely known by everyone because if crossplay happens, without a doubt a wipe is most definitely coming for absolute sure.

He's talking about rumours of it happening SOON. Not shouting there btw. Console release is not coming soon.

I've not seen any rumours myself.

8 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

He's talking about rumours of it happening SOON. Not shouting there btw. Console release is not coming soon.

I've not seen any rumours myself.

Yeah you are right. This was more to alert him that if crossplay occurs there will be one no matter what. More for his benefit if he thinks there won’t be one at all. That is the one sure fire way to a force a wipe.

but yeah, @FatalCrazy the devs would give notice if there was going to be a wipe and I know I would have seen it on one of their platforms. They will say if there will be a wipe or not.

just be aware that around the November/December area their decisions on crossplay will decide if a wipe is coming or not so just prepare for it.

Edited by Realist

13 minutes ago, FatalCrazy said:

I have heard no such rumors, and I keep my ear close to the ground on the rumor mill. Besides, such rumors are boring and old hat. Let me share with you all the exciting new rumors I have heard lately from VERY reliable sources:

-GrapeCard is actually a joint venture between not just Wildcard Studios and Snail Games, but an as yet silent 3rd party who controls all decisions relating to data routing from the servers to players actual homes. The real reason for the ping 255 problem is this nefarious entity has been piggybacking millions of pop up ads for Bulgarian cold war era shoes and Swedish coffee beans that no one wants onto the game's data transmissions.

-Realist is actually a world famous cricket player and the real reason he's not yet playing Atlas is his schedule so far keeps him on the road where he is unable to get a reliable enough broadband connection to play the game and is limited to forum posting. Once the season ends he will play the game from the luxurious confines of his mansion in the outskirts of Mumbai. Sadly the offseason for Indian cricket is only 2 months, so he won't have long to play.

-The devs have been frenetically working on an expansion to Atlas that will allow crossplay with Anthem AND Fallout 76. The expansion is expected to bring in 8 to 10 new players.

-Olivia Munn is engaged in a torrid affair with a prodigious forum poster who's avatar is a bloodstained smiley face. The two stayed up all night last night eating cheetos and binging Letterkenny episodes on hulu.

I might have made that last one up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

I have heard no such rumors, and I keep my ear close to the ground on the rumor mill. Besides, such rumors are boring and old hat. Let me share with you all the exciting new rumors I have heard lately from VERY reliable sources:

-GrapeCard is actually a joint venture between not just Wildcard Studios and Snail Games, but an as yet silent 3rd party who controls all decisions relating to data routing from the servers to players actual homes. The real reason for the ping 255 problem is this nefarious entity has been piggybacking millions of pop up ads for Bulgarian cold war era shoes and Swedish coffee beans that no one wants onto the game's data transmissions.

-Realist is actually a world famous cricket player and the real reason he's not yet playing Atlas is his schedule so far keeps him on the road where he is unable to get a reliable enough broadband connection to play the game and is limited to forum posting. Once the season ends he will play the game from the luxurious confines of his mansion in the outskirts of Mumbai. Sadly the offseason for Indian cricket is only 2 months, so he won't have long to play.

-The devs have been frenetically working on an expansion to Atlas that will allow crossplay with Anthem AND Fallout 76. The expansion is expected to bring in 8 to 10 new players.

-Olivia Munn is engaged in a torrid affair with a prodigious forum poster who's avatar is a bloodstained smiley face. The two stayed up all night last night eating cheetos and binging Letterkenny episodes on hulu.

I might have made that last one up.

Cricket? Yuck 🤢 what a jerk smh 

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

Cricket? Yuck 🤢 what a jerk smh 

See, that's just the sort of thing you'd post to keep your cover intact.

We're onto you.

Don't worry, I know the problem of the lengthy season is a sticky wicket for you, so I won't reveal your true identity as long as you get me box seats for the playoffs.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, FatalCrazy said:

A WIPE COMING SOON????

trump.png

Edited by sgzeroone

Unofficial servers like to wipe every month or so to keep their servers up to date with the new additions to main game. I am use to wipes, nothing is forever 😛

Cricket, huh.. tweeting that news out right now! Thanks, smiling bloody person!

Cricket Sucks!
Reliable source commented that, The world famous cricket player Realist may have time to play Atlas now after an unfortunate comment he posted on the PlayAtlas.com caused many of his sponsors to his Cricket fame, to back out of their contracts.

More as the story unfolds!

Edited by Liatni

7 minutes ago, Liatni said:

Unofficial servers like to wipe every month or so to keep their servers up to date with the new additions to main game. I am use to wipes, nothing is forever 😛

Cricket, huh.. tweeting that news out right now! Thanks, smiling bloody person!

Pretty sure he was talking about official servers.  And they do not wipe every month.

2 hours ago, sgzeroone said:

A WIPE COMING SOON????

trump.png

My son does not come cause confusion, I talk clear,

Asking me not to disclose anything about wipe, why won't it happen now. you understand?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, FatalCrazy said:

Asking me not to disclose anything about wipe, why won't it happen now. you understand?

I'm afraid you don't talk clear.

What exactly are you saying?

All you need to do is listen to everyone in this topic that states there is no news of a wipe, whatever you have heard is rumour, simple as that.

2 hours ago, FatalCrazy said:

I do not think this means what you think it means.

I don't know anything at all about Xbox versions of things.  I know quite a bit about IT.

What, exactly about crossplay necessitates a wipe?

7 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

I don't know anything at all about Xbox versions of things.  I know quite a bit about IT.

What, exactly about crossplay necessitates a wipe?

I know little and less about IT,  but I think the basic idea is that it would be unfair to console players buying a just released game with building in a finite game world to discover that pc players had been there a year already and snagged all the best spots. If the shoe were on the other foot It’d burn my biscuits.

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

I know little and less about IT,  but I think the basic idea is that it would be unfair to console players buying a just released game with building in a finite game world to discover that pc players had been there a year already and snagged all the best spots. If the shoe were on the other foot It’d burn my biscuits.

feh.

They have just been throwing giant sales on steam.  All those players have to come into an established world.  If the game succeeds, then every single player joining after the first rush will have to come into an established world.  If that's the reason it's bogus.

9 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

feh.

They have just been throwing giant sales on steam.  All those players have to come into an established world.  If the game succeeds, then every single player joining after the first rush will have to come into an established world.  If that's the reason it's bogus.

It’s an easier thing to dismiss when you’re on the end that got the advantage. One of the reasons people buy a just released MMO can be to get in when it still has that new car smell. The existing servers already smell like Salty Jack’s feet after an all day disc golf tournament.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

It’s an easier thing to dismiss when you’re on the end that got the advantage. One of the reasons people buy a just released MMO can be to get in when it still has that new car smell. The existing servers already smell like Salty Jack’s feet after an all day disc golf tournament.

I was thinking salty something but jack didn’t coming after salty. Salt of a good thing to bring up though. I feel as though the salt level is getting a bit higher than usual. 

And yes, on an advantage point people are way easier to dismiss almost anything. 

10 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

feh.

There's a big difference there. People on PC have had the choice to buy the game and play from day one, or at least from day 1 of the first wipe. If PC players chose to join the game at a later stage and therefore join the official servers when people have all built up, then that was their choice and they have to accept that.

For console players they have had no choice to be able to play. I don't consider buying a PC as a choice either. So yes, there's a big difference when you compare new players joining from console than new players joining on PC.

12 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

First, it's not "released".  As we get reminded constantly, it's EA.

Second, I'm not buying this argument.  Like many many others, I didn't get any advantage.  My first 3 days were spent relogging and crashing, and being griefed.  By the time I finally got underway, virtually every single piece of land in the game was claimed because claims were free and unlimited.  The next 2 months were spent being griefed on lawless, making a few friends, and watching them all quit the game.   Finally when things had just started to settle down, GS decided to wipe the servers and leave my server down for over a week so they could placate the pvp crowd with multiple flavors of pvp.  You want to talk about smelly feet?  That's smelly feet.

That's a far worse scenario than xbox players would face on release on combined servers, given the current player numbers and the way the player base has settled down, the patches put in to prevent sinking ships with weight, etc.  There is land to claim, there are plenty of resources, and at least on pve, there are plenty of people inclined to be helpful to newcomers.

As a player who has stuck with the EA while the rest have quit in droves, it would be ridiculous for GS to say to players like me....sorry, but the xbox people want a clean server to start on, and all your stuff is in their way, so we're just going to remove it all and make it nice and clean for them.  It's bullshit.

And not to sound like a broken record, but so many of the design decisions on this game have been made with the premise that everyone playing the game will start on day 1, that some of these systems need a real shakeout with a view to how games really work.  Everyone doesn't start on day 1.  You need sales on day 100 and day 200 and 365 to keep a game going.  For example, how is the island claiming system going to work for a group of 5 friends starting on day 200 when you've let big companies claim all the small islands?  Will there be enough churn in the player base for incoming players to carve out a spot?  This is not something you want to find out after the game has been out a year, and you've put out a great new feature, done a steam sale, and get an influx of 5000 new players.

I can't believe anyone even tried to argue that wiping the servers for this would be a "given", and that so many other people just followed right along with that like it was totally reasonable and expected.

Solid points. Couple counterpoints:

As far as released maybe I should have used the term launched to avoid the issue but the underlying point is yes it’s EA, but it will also be EA for Xbox when they first get ahold of it too, so that is a bit of a red herring. Let’s say it will be a launched but unreleased game for both..

If I’m following you, part of what you’re putting forward is that pc players didn’t get much of a head start because of the conditions at launch you describe. I agree they were a @#-&ing headache. However this entire part of your argument is rendered somewhat moot by the wipe. You did get a clean slate after the wipe. Everyone on pc did. Presumably console players would prefer the same opportunity when the game is available for them.

If I’m being fair and understand you correctly (because I don’t want to put words in your mouth), you’re arguing that if you and I have any head start advantage we earned it because of all the @#$& we put up with and stuck with it.  You moreso than me because I did wander off for a bit and play other things before coming back.  That’s an extremely appealing argument emotionally when it’s you and I, but I think it will likely lose out when GrapeCard has to make a business decision weighing the wants of the few of us against the entire prospective Xbox market.

I mean we still don’t have our hat, do you think they’re gonna tell all prospective Xbox players to suck it up cause Winter and Boomer went through some hairy stuff? I’m not saying it’s fair, I’m not saying I’d complain if they did, I’m just saying I’d be surprised if the made that decision for that reason.

Which brings me to your point about testing how these systems will work over time with player turnover. I think you’ve laid out a compelling case which is self interest neutral for why they should not wipe before letting Xbox players in. They are also EA participants and if that is the thing GrapeCard needs tested well then they will have to suck it up just like we did during those early days. It’s a perfectly valid and even important testing consideration and if it happens to mean our stuff doesn’t go poof I guess I will just have to live with that.