Sign in to follow this  
Dosgimp

Okay Grapeshot - you had me faithful. but after...

Thank you Jat for letting us know the HARD FACTS..   

However i would strongly urge you to increase PVE Ships from 14 days to 21 days. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jatheish said:

Hm, it could be possible that this is the case, we'll need to investigate. Will look into it.

As for the decay timers, they are set up to work like so:

PvE - 14 days (Golden Age: 1 Day, Freeports: 3 days)

PvP - 30 days (Golden Age: 1 Day, Freeports: 3 days)

and then to keep the timer active, you have to physically stand on the boats.

Thank you Jat, and Dollie on Twitter for confirming this. Now I'm confused where I saw 21 days. But still good to know. 👍

On 8/2/2019 at 11:46 AM, Puppies4ever said:

I dont know who says 3 weeks, but we "move" boats 1 time per week to avoid "decay". 

I found where 3 weeks came from.

In Patch 18.0 (pre-wipe) they added this:

- Ships that have been inactive for 3 weeks on PvE servers and Golden Age Ruin servers will now vaporize (tackling the abandoned ramshackle boats/rafts on maps)

Then they immediately reversed it and removed it from patch notes because if I remember correctly it caused issues with ships disappearing that weren't meant to straight after patch went live. They said they reintroduce it when they fix it.

I suspect it got reintroduced at wipe (as there'd be no existing ships anyway) but they failed to state the decay time. So some people, myself included, will have assumed it was still 3 weeks. Was driving me crazy trying to find where I had seen 3 weeks before.

Its too bad,  I don't think the information is accurate,  as before logging off on Thusday night 8-1-2019.  Got on the deck on my boat, by climbing up the side rope ladders.  Proceeded to the wheel,  raised anchored. turned the ship 90 degree's.  Then lowered the anchor,  I then proceeded to my Sub attached to same boat,  Released the sub,  boarded the submarine, dove down to bottom of water, hit the floor took 10-20points of damge,  went back up, got out the sub, and re-attached to boat.    "Clearly now everything should be good"   Did this with all 4 my gally, and 3 brigs, and 2 schooners,  my fleet at base atm.   My other ships are at different FOB's.  To be checked on over the weekend.    "Anyhow"

Log off Thrusday night, hit the bed,   Go to work, get home,  read the posting about Jat and the Facts on timers.  Thank him for the response.    

Log in -   And one of my boats is gone.   No one else in the company be online in over 2 days,  except my wife.  Boat has not been moved per her. and no one else online.   

Its gone. Crew, Tames, and everything on it, and everything in it.  Just "Poof"  

Sadly - the amount of time invested on not just the boat but everything on it,  100% imprints, upgraded weps, tools. etc.    Just to "Poof" like a fart in the wind.   

Thats it for this kid.  Moving on...  Good luck Atlas..

Correction: After my 1/2 day at the office, when i get home.  One last sail to say my goodbye

Edited by Dosgimp