Sign in to follow this  
megdiadotexe

whats with the claims

I have been on my raft since this game was released and i cant find a single spot to place my flag.

everywhere i look there is a damned claim followed by another and another and another. no buildings, just flags

Dev's thought it was a great idea not to limit flags so the handful of players that got to play on the 22nd claimed all islands so the other 10,000 players are stuck on rafts. I guess they figured we were still playing too much so they added the ghost ships to make sure we really got screwed over.

P.S. Watch out getting close to claimed islands. People are loading up with stone and piling on ships so they can't move and take lots of damage from being overweight sinking them. (Devs don't care about that either)

@Jatheish #Devs don't care

Edited by MindOfMadness
  • Like 2

And the ones who have over placed the flags tell you to suck it up. They are the personality’s that will ruin pve. There new tactic is to find your raft and destroy the bed sending you back to square one. Let’s balance this flag system without hurting the ones claimed but giving everyone a fair start.

Make it so no other players stuff can be stolen or damaged. This is a server setting in Ark. Seeing many of the atlas settings are the same a very easy fix. The real problem is the map for land is way to small for the amount of players. Unofficial server cost for compete cluster is about 700 dollars per month. This cost will limit unofficial map size. It may even keep the official servers from growing. 

nah its pretty unfair on both sides. we had a nice sized claim of about 6-7 flags on an island. we just lost everything today. kinda burnt out and done after this. just came to the forums to see if I could find any comments from devs.

Just to add to it, some of the old flags may need replacing after the update, best way to check it is having a friend create new company and run around your land to make sure all flags work correctly. Hope that helps!

11 hours ago, Caps said:

And the ones who have over placed the flags tell you to suck it up. They are the personality’s that will ruin pve. There new tactic is to find your raft and destroy the bed sending you back to square one. Let’s balance this flag system without hurting the ones claimed but giving everyone a fair start.

At this point I wish for a server wipe. I was searching three days for a free spot on an island. I was able to claim land (with the 10 hours claim period and not the current broken one). Also one of the rules I set for myself was to claim only flags without any buildings in the area and I managed to do just that.

5 hours ago, Navydog said:

You can contest a flag of someones. It takes 30mins if they haven't been near an area.

What if Iam sleeping inside my area? Can they still claim it?

Worse, in the last dev update does it seem like they are encouraging claim spamming in PVE servers, I made a topic about this:

Edited by kolpo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Need to limit 1 flag per player, I'm stuck to.  Newbie (that didn't refund), unable to find anywhere to call home.  Either flags everywhere, or I get attacked by 6 or 7 crocs before I even reach land.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

Need to limit 1 flag per player, I'm stuck to.  Newbie (that didn't refund), unable to find anywhere to call home.  Either flags everywhere, or I get attacked by 6 or 7 crocs before I even reach land.  

I think it will be better if it was limit by the tribe because one flag per player, in a 150 player tribe this is the same problem.

If one tribe could put one flag then with time upgrade it. It will be better.

Right now in atlas you can see beginners and hardcore player. Less than a week after the pre-release it is almost impossible to find a place to live.

I do understand that this is the point of the game to join alliance but in the long terms the not hardcore player could leave the game.

Wait and see what our dear dev gonna do :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Loni said:

At this point I wish for a server wipe. I was searching three days for a free spot on an island. I was able to claim land (with the 10 hours claim period and not the current broken one). Also one of the rules I set for myself was to claim only flags without any buildings in the area and I managed to do just that.

What if Iam sleeping inside my area? Can they still claim it?

yes they can claim it. just happened to me. lost half built brigantine, stone home, days of work gone in under 30 minutes because i chose to sleep between 2:30am and 5:30am. 

3 minutes ago, Peacemkr7900 said:

yes they can claim it. just happened to me. lost half built brigantine, stone home, days of work gone in under 30 minutes because i chose to sleep between 2:30am and 5:30am. 

30 minutes? What the actual fuck were the devs thinking... Sorry dude 😕 I am sure I am in the same boat as we speak. 8 hours of sleep and 8 hours of work means I am pretty much fucked.

Edited by Loni

41 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

I totally agree with the 1 flag per player.

1 minute ago, Peacemkr7900 said:

? I thought if you were still in the claim they couldn't attempt to steal the claim. . . WTF? PvP or PvE?

1 minute ago, ReVeNgE said:

I totally agree with the 1 flag per player.

? I thought if you were still in the claim they couldn't attempt to steal the claim. . . WTF? PvP or PvE?

Nope i was asleep(alive) in my stone home on PVE. even if your dead it shouldn't matter. someone else shouldn't ever be able to claim days of your work on a PVE server in just 30 minutes.

1 hour ago, Vorxius said:

same here withe crocs xD

• Like 1

? I Thought it was 3 days of inactivity within a claim to lose it?  Certainly when I try to contest a claim there is a timer that stops me from doing so.  I cannot contest until that timer has expired.

1 minute ago, Staceh said:

? I Thought it was 3 days of inactivity within a claim to lose it?  Certainly when I try to contest a claim there is a timer that stops me from doing so.  I cannot contest until that timer has expired.

Sometiems it works sometimes not, some say new flags work properly, some say they have replaced flags and it still doesnt work... basically it seems to be down to luck if your protected or not.

Everyone on my island appears to have protection, I had a good wander around just in case.

I agree theres a lot of useless claims, but I plan on logging in tomorrow/sunday and having me a little wander around the vicinity.

20 minutes ago, Staceh said:

Everyone on my island appears to have protection, I had a good wander around just in case.

I agree theres a lot of useless claims, but I plan on logging in tomorrow/sunday and having me a little wander around the vicinity.

Just lost some land, we had a house with an offline but alive member in the house sleeping, logged in and the house now belongs to someone else...  such a joke... last 2 days have been spent constantly trying to protect the remaining land we have, this is not a fun game... Once they eventually fix this mess it will be too late and will have nothing left..

1 hour ago, Paulo Le Crochu said:

I think it will be better if it was limit by the tribe because one flag per player, in a 150 player tribe this is the same problem.

If one tribe could put one flag then with time upgrade it. It will be better.

Right now in atlas you can see beginners and hardcore player. Less than a week after the pre-release it is almost impossible to find a place to live.

I do understand that this is the point of the game to join alliance but in the long terms the not hardcore player could leave the game.

Wait and see what our dear dev gonna do :)

Good observation, aye, agree.  1 flag per clan..  be it one individual person clan, or a conglomerate - should be allowed to choose the NEW location based on claimed territory, and all other claims vanish when you join clans or create a clan with another person already owning claims.

Would be the fairest way.  You only need one claim to play.  perhaps have claim flag upgrades that expand your claim area by a small margin so expansion isn't out of scope but still one claim per clan.

• Like 1

Honestly, 1 claim per company is enough, with perhaps a 'CEO' tree that will allow further expansion?

4 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

Good observation, aye, agree.  1 flag per clan..  be it one individual person clan, or a conglomerate - should be allowed to choose the NEW location based on claimed territory, and all other claims vanish when you join clans or create a clan with another person already owning claims.

Would be the fairest way.  You only need one claim to play.  perhaps have claim flag upgrades that expand your claim area by a small margin so expansion isn't out of scope but still one claim per clan.

This may help short term to get every single person a bit of land, but is far from a fun mechanic. I had the hope for this game that you have a single claim every climate (Equitorial, temperate, desert, thundra etc), a small outpost, with a bed, some crafting stations and access to unique resources in that area, fast travel and collect a bunch of things and store it in a chest. once a week take the Galleon out and go pick up the resources from the various outposts and bring it back to a central location... this was my dream for this game...

Having a single claim per company would not work, nor a single claim per person. Maybe needs to be a regional limit, 2 per region or something

11 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

Yep, I like that 🙂  It give new player a chance to do something in the future, because right now that game is own by the players who came first on the game.

Everybody should have a chance.

8 minutes ago, Staceh said:

Honestly, 1 claim per company is enough, with perhaps a 'CEO' tree that will allow further expansion?

Yes, it should be possible for a tribe to upgrade his flag and in the long terms own a full island.

10 minutes ago, Sinate said:

This may help short term to get every single person a bit of land, but is far from a fun mechanic. I had the hope for this game that you have a single claim every climate (Equitorial, temperate, desert, thundra etc), a small outpost, with a bed, some crafting stations and access to unique resources in that area, fast travel and collect a bunch of things and store it in a chest. once a week take the Galleon out and go pick up the resources from the various outposts and bring it back to a central location... this was my dream for this game...

Having a single claim per company would not work, nor a single claim per person. Maybe needs to be a regional limit, 2 per region or something

Agree to disagree It might work, if you and your tribe can only have one claim it could offer a new part of the game.
Like merchants, trading post market. If I live in a desert island, I will have resources that someone else has not. He could attack me, or he could trade with me.

To finish with all that problem. The question is: What type of game wants the developers do? A "Race to claim" game or pirate game that can offer so much more than fight and claim

Paulo  

16 minutes ago, Paulo Le Crochu said:

Yep, I like that 🙂  It give new player a chance to do something in the future, because right now that game is own by the players who came first on the game.

Everybody should have a chance.

Yes, it should be possible for a tribe to upgrade his flag and in the long terms own a full island.

Agree to disagree It might work, if you and your tribe can only have one claim it could offer a new part of the game.
Like merchants, trading post market. If I live in a desert island, I will have resources that someone else has not. He could attack me, or he could trade with me.

To finish with all that problem. The question is: What type of game wants the developers do? A "Race to claim" game or pirate game that can offer so much more than fight and claim

Paulo  

If and only if they add connected trading posts, which people can post goods on and people can buy, maybe with a generic "delivery" time then it could work, but If I need to go to the zone to buy it I may as well collect it myself.

I personally started on the equator and and heading to the Thundra... I have been sailing for over 14 hours, only stopping to quickly check what other zones offer and repair the ship... If there is no npc trading post option with auto delivery.. trading wont be very viable.