Sign in to follow this  
Sneakydude

Doing well Atlas

Geez i for sure saw a huge influx of players for a game now buying at 11 dollars on steam, yet i see these charts

https://steamcharts.com/app/834910

Tell me isn't so? all those cool tame ideas, torpedoes, and moving towards a steam punk ark game.. man i for sure never saw this coming.

and the costs to run a server as big as the hive branch.. oh wow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sneakydude said:

Geez i for sure saw a huge influx of players for a game now buying at 11 dollars on steam, yet i see these charts

Tell me isn't so? all those cool tame ideas, torpedoes, and moving towards a steam punk ark game.. man i for sure never saw this coming.

"Long is the road and hard is the way that out of hell leads up to heaven." - Paradise Lost

1 hour ago, Sneakydude said:

Yeah they need factions.

Playbase base is dropping and everyone knows that.

BUT.......see the last steam reviews. People like the Blackwood and after all this positive review maybe some more people will join. I said it now different times -> unofficial and single player will be the future. Nice communitys and servers.

There are people who are intimidated by the vast number of players Atlas allows. You won't see any of those try the game. Another huge obstacle is the great cost of servers needed to run the game.

On the plus side is the single player and hosted mode. This should allow more people to try the game who cannot afford their own servers. And maps like Blackwood should be attractive to the players who play on small private servers. 

When i'm playing, we are using the player tracker webpage all the time, so im familiar with the numbers for the whole EU PVP server as well.  Yesterday we peaked at almost 900 players. It may not sound like a lot but it's like 100 more than any day of the last two weeks and 300 more than the worse peaks of last week. Nothing has changed, numbers are like 1/3 of what we had after wipe, and those were already a 1/4 of the release, but there are little positive signs like this from time to time.

1 hour ago, znasser said:

When i'm playing, we are using the player tracker webpage all the time, so im familiar with the numbers for the whole EU PVP server as well.  Yesterday we peaked at almost 900 players. It may not sound like a lot but it's like 100 more than any day of the last two weeks and 300 more than the worse peaks of last week. Nothing has changed, numbers are like 1/3 of what we had after wipe, and those were already a 1/4 of the release, but there are little positive signs like this from time to time.

I haven’t seen 900 but maybe I was asleep. That would make it exactly 4 players per server on average. That is actually higher than usual.

Just now, Realist said:

I haven’t seen 900 but maybe I was asleep. That would make it exactly 4 players per server on average. That is actually higher than usual.

You were either asleep or too busy playing the game... oh wait

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, znasser said:

You were either asleep or too busy playing the game... oh wait

Yeah, I was probably asleep. Congrats on 900 though 

1 hour ago, znasser said:

Not to be a wet blanket, but the increase may just be people coming off holiday.  The low point of last week likewise may have been  caused by the peak of summer vacation season. At my job, we are dependent upon leads that are set by a call center from people responding to tv ads. Although summer is overall our busy season, July is always a lull month because that is when the most people go on vacation. The good news is this same phenomena is likely a contributing factor to the activity nadir of the past month or two. People just play games less in the summer when the weather is warm out and there are so many things to do outside.

9 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

"Long is the road and hard is the way that out of hell leads up to heaven." - Paradise Lost

would be wise to start building that road already wouldnt it?

16 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Not to be a wet blanket, but the increase may just be people coming off holiday.  The low point of last week likewise may have been  caused by the peak of summer vacation season. At my job, we are dependent upon leads that are set by a call center from people responding to tv ads. Although summer is overall our busy season, July is always a lull month because that is when the most people go on vacation. The good news is this same phenomena is likely a contributing factor to the activity nadir of the past month or two. People just play games less in the summer when the weather is warm out and there are so many things to do outside.

To be honest boomer I have actually seen an increase in pve. So he is kind of right(smh, yeah I said it).

i have been seeing I’ve become higher than pvp which is pretty surprising. The one thing that hasn’t changed though is the drop of 20-30 players each day on the average.

the drop has slowed but it has still been steady. But yeah 900 people on a pve server is actually an accomplishment at this point.

18 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

would be wise to start building that road already wouldnt it?

If blackwood, single player and non dedicated turn out to be the first step, then they may have already started. If not, they may just be flinging dirt. It is hard to say from where we stand now, but I think the biggest single issue will be figuring out something workable for land ownership and where and how players can build. To date I think that has been the biggest single downfall of the game, and is the thorniest problem that must be solved. Winter Thorne has put forward a very simple straightfoward solution that makes sense to me, but I guess we'll see.

6 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

If blackwood, single player and non dedicated turn out to be the first step, then they may have already started. If not, they may just be flinging dirt. It is hard to say from where we stand now, but I think the biggest single issue will be figuring out something workable for land ownership and where and how players can build. To date I think that has been the biggest single downfall of the game, and is the thorniest problem that must be solved. Winter Thorne has put forward a very simple straightfoward solution that makes sense to me, but I guess we'll see. 

well in my personal opinion the bigges issues have been 2

A) Lack of logic, they offered the life of a pirate yet we are you have to live in a feudal system, they introduce torpedos wich cannot be shot from the submarine but from the boat (i actually had to read the patch notes 3 times because i couldnt believe it), you are supposed to be a pirate but to unlock content you are forced to join groupal activities. the very essence of being a pirate is freedom essence that in this game is forcefully twisted in the exact opposite direction.

B) Lack of the most basic and essencial sense of investment, many people that plays MMOs doesnt do it as in "lets go YOLO mode" people likes to invest their time into something tangible, something that if real life forces you to quit for a while you can always come back to, actually 99% of the times i have come back to a game was because the time and effort i had previously invested was still there, in this game quitting 2 weeks can literally cause you to lose 90% of your hard earned progress (ships, buildings, designs, gold, etc)

in conclusion, as a solo PvE player, i find it very hard to find a reason to keep playing the game or even a reason to come back.

Edited by The D Legacy