Sign in to follow this  
boomervoncannon

Communication is improving props to Jat and Dollie

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to Jat and Dollie for posting responses to numerous threads yesterday to address questions and issues raised by the new Blackwood map in a timely manner.  I have tinkered with the map a bit myself and while it does appear to have some things that need to be worked on, it shows great promise and I'm looking forward to playing it over time. As someone who has criticized the communication here in the past, I want to give credit when it improves and the responses yesterday were a welcome sign.

• Like 3

The communication is good, but unfortunately as you mentioned most, if not all, of that activity was in relation to the all new shiney Blackwood. Because it's new and hot meat!

Posts about the old "boring" map, i.e. the official servers get layers of dust.

My post here about yet again, decay timers. 

The actual important things regarding people losing stuff doesn't get things addressed in a timely manner. Why are things suddenly changing to show 2.5 days decay timer, why are things suddenly auto-decaying after taking 2 days break from the game. Where's the timely responses to that?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to Jat and Dollie for posting responses to numerous threads yesterday to address questions and issues raised by the new Blackwood map in a timely manner.  I have tinkered with the map a bit myself and while it does appear to have some things that need to be worked on, it shows great promise and I'm looking forward to playing it over time. As someone who has criticized the communication here in the past, I want to give credit when it improves and the responses yesterday were a welcome sign.

No. Just no! 

they seriously don't receive a thread like this, just because they answered once a few questions after three weeks of just write the announcement.

Sorry but this has to increase way more to tap on theyr shoulders and tell "well done"... It's still the official website. When I don't get an answer on my questions to the game here, where else should it be better? 

Just now, Forb Hidden said:

No. Just no! 

they seriously don't receive a thread like this, just because they answered once a few questions after three weeks of just write the announcement.

Sorry but this has to increase way more to tap on theyr shoulders and tell "well done"... It's still the official website. When I don't get an answer on my questions to the game here, where else should it be better? 

Yes. Just yes.

You get to post whatever views you want in your posts, and I get to post whatever views I want in mine. If the goal is to get better communication from the developers, I like to offer a carrot when I have used a stick of criticism in the past. You are free to follow whatever method or methods you wish to get your questions answered and concerns addressed. This is the approach I have chosen.

As a practical reality, Atlas's development team is a small one, we have been told this in the past on more than one occasion. Jat wears the hat of not only community manager but developer. This means he can't always drop what he's doing to answer every question, even if we'd prefer that. A balance must be struck with his time. You will notice my post does not say "Communication is now perfect." or anything to that effect. It says communication is improving, and I think that is a hard think to argue against based on the facts.

16 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

The communication is good, but unfortunately as you mentioned most, if not all, of that activity was in relation to the all new shiney Blackwood. Because it's new and hot meat!

Posts about the old "boring" map, i.e. the official servers get layers of dust.

My post here about yet again, decay timers. 

The actual important things regarding people losing stuff doesn't get things addressed in a timely manner. Why are things suddenly changing to show 2.5 days decay timer, why are things suddenly auto-decaying after taking 2 days break from the game. Where's the timely responses to that?

true.

Baby steps.

It's far away from where it was in the beginning. And you got right, it's a small company. But instead of communicate on five or six platforms, it would be better to reduce these. One or two (website and discord a.e.) would be more than enough.

And of course it's your right to write down whatever you want. I don't say anything against. Otherwise we just could read your monologues... I like discussions more 😜

9 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

It's far away from where it was in the beginning. And you got right, it's a small company. But instead of communicate on five or six platforms, it would be better to reduce these. One or two (website and discord a.e.) would be more than enough.

And of course it's your right to write down whatever you want. I don't say anything against. Otherwise we just could read your monologues... I like discussions more 😜

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears! 

I come to bury Ceasar, not to praise him. Something something something, high school english classes sucked. I had to memorize this entire speech in 11th grade for nothing.  Also I would really really agree that they should have all communication start here on their official site, and then if they want to expand to social meda that's fine. I'm in agreement there.

I think there needs to bet a bit more oversight moving forward. Getting a clamp down on the /r/playatlas sub to be less shitty toward the game and devs would be superb. Attitudes about the game would be different if less people were inclined to join the complaint circle jerk.