Sign in to follow this  
kampfer91

Ship demolished inside base 's dock .

My ship docked at my base , haven't traveled recently , still have food and gold and then the next day suddenly they were all removed from the company right in front of my house .

Is there some sort of hidden timer ?

I don't have time keep jumping on ship to reset them , especially when it just dock  next to me .

1 hour ago, kampfer91 said:

My ship docked at my base , haven't traveled recently , still have food and gold and then the next day suddenly they were all removed from the company right in front of my house .

Is there some sort of hidden timer ?

I don't have time keep jumping on ship to reset them , especially when it just dock  next to me .

when you say you don't have time, you mean you don't have the ten seconds required once every 10 days to physically go stand on your ship for a moment? If this is the case, you don't have time to play Atlas and might as well uninstall. We look forward to having you back when your super busy life lets you resume play.

just take your sarcasm somewhere else .

Is there a sign on your boat that say " hey stand on me cus i am about to be demolished " or a timer show up when i look at my ship ? those galley literally right next to me and 4 days ago i did checked if my gold still there .

Uninstall this for good , sooner or later there will be another wipe and nothing to do .

This is early access, so it is to be expected that not every information is presented in its final form in the game just yet.

Have you considered reading up on what info is available already?

You already found out that there is a forum.

What if i told you that there's also a wiki?

11 minutes ago, user1 said:

What if i told you that there's also a wiki?

The wiki is next to useless.

@kampfer91 Although you need to step foot on ships once every 21 days, supposedly, there is an unknown bug where ships still disappear after even just a few days. I have my doubts about the 21 days timer tbh.

This issue of disappearing ships that go poof after 7 days is likely to be an issue that doesn't get resolved, just like disappearing structure pieces when you demolish something.

My sloop had vanished the other day also, I stepped foot on it within 3 weeks so I don't think stepping on them makes any difference, I think you have to spawn on the bed on the ship I may be wrong though but that's how I see it.

There was also 2 galleons outside my base on PvE also, I waited for them to vanish so I could put ship yard down, 3 weeks came and they were still there, still couldn't put shipyard down. These ships never moved an inch yet they remained well over 4 weeks. They have since gone now but only explanation is someone spawning on beds or it's a bug with timers. It does not matter to me anymore though as i've left PvE.

You just need to step on them, and the timer might be 10 day-ish. Or not. idk.

If the wiki is so useless, how come that i'm not here asking stupid questions on multiple occasions each day?

Because back in my days, we RTFM and then we STFU.

Nowadays, it seems that when someone doesn't know about a certain thing, it is everbody else's fault but theirs, and they can't be bothered learning it.

Instead, they expect to be spoon fed every bit of information thats relevant to them.

This is still early access, you know?

This game is not perfect, in fact far from it, but sometimes you only got yourself to blame for being stupid.

RTFM!!!

How about you start with the RTFM thing?

Today i learned that crybabies consider it trolling when they get told to look up stuff on their own.

Because things are ALWAYS somebody else's fault.

"I don't know shit, and it is YOUR fault for not telling me."

Bite me.

RTFM!

44 minutes ago, user1 said:

How about you start with the RTFM thing?

Today i learned that crybabies consider it trolling when they get told to look up stuff on their own.

Because things are ALWAYS somebody else's fault.

"I don't know shit, and it is YOUR fault for not telling me."

Bite me.

RTFM!

RTFM? What manual?

Where does it officially say how long decay timers are for ships?

Where does it officially say how to refresh timers for ships?

Why have people lost ships suddenly when not used in under 10 days?

Where is this manual that has all the official answers to what is raised in this topic?

The patch notes have said 21 days for ships, but we all know that is incorrect, whether intentional or not. So where is this manual that clearly states exactly what decay timers are and exactly how to refresh them?

Because if the patch notes themselves are wrong, then yes the wiki is useless.

4 hours ago, user1 said:

You just need to step on them, and the timer might be 10 day-ish. Or not. idk.

If the wiki is so useless, how come that i'm not here asking stupid questions on multiple occasions each day?

Because back in my days, we RTFM and then we STFU.

Nowadays, it seems that when someone doesn't know about a certain thing, it is everbody else's fault but theirs, and they can't be bothered learning it.

Instead, they expect to be spoon fed every bit of information thats relevant to them.

This is still early access, you know?

This game is not perfect, in fact far from it, but sometimes you only got yourself to blame for being stupid.

RTFM!!!

Back in your day (which was also my day) there actually WAS a manual. When was the last time you saw an actual manual for any game? Oh sure, there are wikis, but while a wiki has the upside of being updateable, it also has the downside that the information may be inaccurate because they are editable by basically anyone. You keep yelling at Guy to RTFM, but his point that there is no meaningful manual to consult on this issue is sound. And I say that as someone who's pet peeve is people posting to message boards looking to be spoon fed answers that a 10 second google search would give them.

If the actual patch notes that presumably the wiki is based upon are wrong, how can RTFM possibly be a valid response to the question? The closest thing to a manual is wrong, so what's he supposed to do then? The game may be Early Access, but that's not an excuse for providing incorrect information to your playerbase on something as important as ship decay timers.

5 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

The game may be Early Access, but that's not an excuse for providing incorrect information to your playerbase on something as important as ship decay timers.

@boomervoncannon  PREACH!

I was going to comment my finding's and what I have discovered with Decay Timers, and the random Poof, because I have been a victim of the "Poofs"  of many of things.  

10 hours ago, kampfer91 said:

just take your sarcasm somewhere else .

Is there a sign on your boat that say " hey stand on me cus i am about to be demolished " or a timer show up when i look at my ship ? those galley literally right next to me and 4 days ago i did checked if my gold still there .

Uninstall this for good , sooner or later there will be another wipe and nothing to do .

I will feel free to apply my sarcasm wherever it feels justified. While the gripe that communicating what decay timers are could be improved given their importance is a legitimate one, I still say that if the burden of stepping foot on a ship once every 10 or 21 days or whatever it is is too much, then your desire to keep ship in existence when you aren't meaningfully playing is selfish compared to the stress your ship puts on everyone else's play experience when it needs to constantly be drawn but you aren't using it. If you doubt this, you probably didn't experience powerstone islands in the early days. Just ask someone who did what that was like.