merlin66676

Blackwood beds and fast travel

Anyone notice beds on blackwood, at least for us don't allow travel currenlty. We have 2 at  a main base on western island, and put another inland for taming, and cant respawn at inland one. Added claim flag to see if that helped, but nope. Also when I try to fast travel, it sends me right back to same bed.

none of my beds were working  saw a comment about making a new company did it beds work now but lost access to all my stuff for previous company  everything was on default company owned soo that could be part of it 

Edited by Maldreck

@Jatheish If it helps, beds were working fine yesterday evening as we traveled along the southern islands. Today, during our play session, we were able to fast travel initially, but then that stopped working. When we got to the furthest northwest island, all the land based beds no longer showed up on the map. We can only see one bed now on our ship, but we can't spawn or fast travel to it.

Woot, did they finally fix the FTL travel/teleporter problem? No mass teleporting would be a dream for this game.

2nd worst thing about this game is the brokenness of the beds.

Any update on this? Not being able to respawn on the island you are on stinks. Just lose all our stuff over and over again.

The patch today claims to have fixed the beds, but they are still not working for me: I can't see most of them, fast travel does not work, and trying to spawn to the one I see upon death leaves me floating in the ocean with no hud and I have to exit the game. Is there something I'm supposed to do to get them working again? I've tried demolishing and replacing with no success. Do we have to leave the company and merge with it again or something like that?

Beds still are broken for us. A bed placed after the patch, 3 in total worked fine on land and 2 boats, any beds placed after did not show on the map. Tribe swapping did not work. Yesterday unclaimed ships with bed and reclaiming worked. Today this is no longer the case reclaiming ship just removes the boat from showing up on the map as well. As a server admin, I can TP back to my boat. but other players the Map is broken.

Only 1 ship is displayed, so the bed works too. the other ships are not displayed and all other beds do not work. Also in the base the bed is not displayed and does not work.

Same for us... newly motivated players to our server are getting put off already guys 

Only way we've found is to have two characters, one creates a brand new company (made after the server restarted) and then have the company with the bed issue merge into the new company. You can then keep placing new beds down and they work. After restart any new beds placed after the restart will not work (ones merged or placed after merge but before server restart continue to work).

You do lose any claim flags during the merge and can't port to those beds until a new flag is placed but all structures, boats merge. Beds on boats are usable right away.

The bug appears to be with companies created before a server restart. Beds placed do not show up in the company log but show up in the world but you can't see them on the Atlas Map or port to/from them.

Edited by Cradz
  • Thanks 1

How has this not been fixed yet? It is a crucial core mechanic to this game. No one wants to travel the seas and explore if they can't re-spawn at a bed. Not every island has a natural spawn point to run back from. Please fix it.

5 hours ago, totosai said:

How has this not been fixed yet? It is a crucial core mechanic to this game. No one wants to travel the seas and explore if they can't re-spawn at a bed. Not every island has a natural spawn point to run back from. Please fix it.

It works fine in the main game world. This problem is only on the optional blackwoods map which was just released less than 2 weeks ago. Atlas is an Early Access game, not a finished product. I’m sure they are looking into it but a problem that occurs only on an optional dlc map isn’t something with a small dev team that they likely can devote a ton of resources to. I don’t like it either because it does cause issues in sp, but we’re gonna have to be patient.

Edited by boomervoncannon

We do have a fix for this coming up now for dedicated servers. Unfortunately, it'll require a critical change to the save system which means in order for it to work, previous save files will no longer function. Little bit more info is available here: 

Sorry for any inconvenience and loss suffered folks 😞, the update will be deployed later today. It will not impact Single Player or Non Dedicated servers. 

FYI Folks, update on the post above:

We have managed to make already existing savefiles load with this change, however, you will be forced to create a new character and make a new company. Force-joining into the old company will not work. However, you can then reclaim all your structures, ships, and creatures again with the use of admin commands such as:

- cheat takeallstructure

This will transfer all the structures, boats, and claimflags of the previous company, to your own.

- cheat takealldino

This will transfer all the creatures of the previous company, to your own.

- cheat giveallstructure

This will transfer the structure you’re looking at, as well as anything snapped to it, to you.

- cheat givetome

This will transfer the individual object you’re looking at, to you (works with creatures too).

On 7/29/2019 at 10:30 PM, Jatheish said:

This is something we're investigating at the moment.

Please fix the beds and Ships, new server .25 and still no solution?

On 8/5/2019 at 6:48 AM, boomervoncannon said:

It works fine in the main game world. This problem is only on the optional blackwoods map which was just released less than 2 weeks ago. Atlas is an Early Access game, not a finished product. I’m sure they are looking into it but a problem that occurs only on an optional dlc map isn’t something with a small dev team that they likely can devote a ton of resources to. I don’t like it either because it does cause issues in sp, but we’re gonna have to be patient.

Clearly you have no clue and just chime in on something in every thread. The reason why players like myself left PVP servers on Official was because of the massive cheating and exploiting going on by Mega and their small companies.

We started to go to unofficial to build a community and pvp in a good fashion.

Players like myself got fed up of the bugs, changes with torpedoes, and left for good.

Only until now has a friend asked if i would join the new blackwood server, if he rented one 10 person to just mess around with and play the game.

1. Beds broken

2. Ships on maps broken

and this is .25 and 20th day of Aug and still it hasn't been fixed.

It may work on official, and that's good for the 400 players maybe left, but the remaining players on un official have to deal with this now. Its broken and should have been followed up and hot fixed as soon as it was announced.

Do we need a mod to fix the devs? Because you sound like your an account from a Dev trying to promote what is remaining here, and frankly i dont think its funny thread after thread.

38 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

Clearly you have no clue and just chime in on something in every thread. The reason why players like myself left PVP servers on Official was because of the massive cheating and exploiting going on by Mega and their small companies.

We started to go to unofficial to build a community and pvp in a good fashion.

Players like myself got fed up of the bugs, changes with torpedoes, and left for good.

Only until now has a friend asked if i would join the new blackwood server, if he rented one 10 person to just mess around with and play the game.

1. Beds broken

2. Ships on maps broken

and this is .25 and 20th day of Aug and still it hasn't been fixed.

It may work on official, and that's good for the 400 players maybe left, but the remaining players on un official have to deal with this now. Its broken and should have been followed up and hot fixed as soon as it was announced.

Do we need a mod to fix the devs? Because you sound like your an account from a Dev trying to promote what is remaining here, and frankly i dont think its funny thread after thread.

*rolls eyes* 

Yes, clearly I’m the clueless one between us because what devs posting under dummy accounts do all the time is start threads criticizing not just their employer by name but the entire industry they work in. Check my posting history for the thread about No Man’s Sky if you really think I’m a dev.

Beyond that bit of off target conjecture, all I did was offer you an unpleasant probability by way of advice. The truth is we’re in the same boat when it comes to Blackwood because I tried it when it first launched, ran into the same issues you mentioned, and decided it was unlikely to get fixed quick so I shelved my Blackwood game for the time being. I’d love to be wrong and it gets fixed this week, I was just advising you that based on the factors I mentioned, that’s unlikely. It sucks but given that you’ve already left the game for completely justified reasons, I’d hate for you to waste your time thinking they might get fixed any day. They might, but if I were a betting man I wouldn’t put money on it.

But since you seem unhappy I will at least back it up with Boomer’s guarantee:

All predictions wrong or your money back.

Blackwood beds are working 100% on our dedi server. We've had it running 24/7 since we wiped and restarted after Patch .24 addressed the beds. 2 sloops, 1 Schooner with named beds, 4 beds on the freeport island in our main base, 2 beds on the cyclops island. All work perfect for respawning and fast travel.  Have not noticed anything odd with ships on map in Blackwood (well other that the NW island seems to be shifted on the map) but my SP Ocean game shows my ship in the wrong grid unless I relog. Spawning in on the ship does spawn me on the ship in the correct zone that it actually is in.

Edited by Neitfall
missed a word

Black wood work around.

New character, right away create a new company and then go have fun. Place a flag etc..

Now beds and that work. I am sure there is others out there that will find a 2nd way.