Sign in to follow this  
lordkhan4444

crossplay xbox

10 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

uh.

huh.

How exactly do you propose to stop it? Curious minds would like to know. I don't really care either way whether they crossplay or not and I'm having a hard time following your reasoning on why that would be bad, but since it's not really my ballywick, I'm kinda inclined to defer.

dont mind him, hes a rando whine bag that his parents gave up on shortly after they thought him how to talk. and for a good reason, so he wents all his desperation into a video game he never plays.

1 minute ago, 987962 said:

dont mind him, hes a rando whine bag that his parents gave up on shortly after they thought him how to talk. and for a good reason, so he wents all his desperation into a video game he never plays.

Oh let me assure you I’m quite familiar with Realist. If you look you will notice we have both been here since the beginning. On some things we have agreed, on some things we have not, but you know what I respect about him even when we disagree? He sticks to expressing his views without poisoning the discourse with personal attacks. However little you might think of him, have you ever seen personal insults on a game forum resolve or improve anything? One sign of maturity is the ability to disagree with someone without attacking them personally. Attack his ideas, positions or arguments to your hearts content, I have done so more times than I can count, but when you attack the person rather than the idea you lose me.

• Like 2

Wow....

I can't believe they would put this on console in its current state.

Cross Platform LOL

You people are funny....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sgzeroone said:

Wow....

Cross Platform LOL

You people are funny....

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, sgzeroone said:

Wow....

Cross Platform LOL

You people are funny....

yes they gona be looking at 5fps max! on low settings lol. and the whole crossplay thing I agree with realist it would be a total disaster. the xbox noobs would get slaughtered before they even know what hit them! they would all leave faster than the pc crowd did on dec 23

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lordkhan4444 said:

yes they gona be looking at 5fps max! on low settings lol. and the whole crossplay thing I agree with realist it would be a total disaster. the xbox noobs would get slaughtered before they even know what hit them! they would all leave faster than the pc crowd did on dec 23

yeah, probably just a money grab by grapecard.

"We can't get any more coin outta the pc community,  So let's go pillage the console gamer's next!" -Grapecard

tenor.gif?itemid=10941064

25 minutes ago, sgzeroone said:

yeah, probably just a money grab by grapecard.

"We can't get any more coin outta the pc community,  So let's go pillage the console gamer's next!" -Grapecard

You know something, I started to post a response to what you said based on something I've said in the past about MMO's being the least feasible business model with which to execute a cash grab, but in doing a little research to grab figures to support what I wanted to say, I came across some info that made me change my mind in Atlas's case. Namely that while the development costs of an MMO are substantial, the marketing and advertising costs take up the lion's share of the overall budget. Atlas noticeably did minimal advertising and promotion, something I actually support, but if you are trying to argue that a cash grab isn't feasible and GrapeCard eliminated a large portion of the cost by minimizing marketing costs, suddenly the possiblity is a lot more viable.

I'm still skeptical of the notion that this is what they genuinely intended because I think if that's the case we'd probably already start to see development pullback at this point, and say what you want about the quality of the decisions being made at the top, it's hard to argue they aren't doing much development. So while I still tend to think the idea of Atlas as a cash grab is unlikely, I'm less convinced it's an unworkable notion that can be dismissed out of hand based on the business model. I'm inclined to think that what it may mean is that if console release goes poorly, it might be more feasible for them to cut their losses and walk away after that, having still come out at least somewhat ahead. Without access to the actual numbers, who knows for sure, but the big picture just changed noticeably from where I sit.

+1 for crossplay.

Its the future of gaming, reguardless of how much sony hates sharing. Especially with the next gen consoles on the horizon, they can usually compete with PCs for the first year or so untill PC gamers do the next GPU or RAM or CPU upgrade and blow them out of the water for the rest of thier cylce.

Crossplay on SoT was awesome. Concoles are for kids i know. But i enjoy playing with my nephew. Or at the very least the capability to. 

38 minutes ago, sgzeroone said:

Lettekinney? 

Props.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

+1 for crossplay.

Its the future of gaming, reguardless of how much sony hates sharing. Especially with the next gen consoles on the horizon, they can usually compete with PCs for the first year or so untill PC gamers do the next GPU or RAM or CPU upgrade and blow them out of the water for the rest of thier cylce.

Crossplay on SoT was awesome. Concoles are for kids i know. But i enjoy playing with my nephew. Or at the very least the capability to. 

Lettekinney? 

Props.

okay I've never heard of Letterkenney, but this post piqued my interest and after finding the series opening scene on youtube, I'm laughing my ass off.  I will definately be watching more of this, thanks to you both for introducing me to it. Good stuff.

14 hours ago, Realist said:

No, I just see how you guys act on here so I wouldn’t want be be associated with those types of people.

You mean we act like we actually played the game and know what we are talking about, with which you cannot be associated with...?🧐

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

okay I've never heard of Letterkenney, but this post piqued my interest and after finding the series opening scene on youtube, I'm laughing my ass off.  I will definately be watching more of this, thanks to you both for introducing me to it. Good stuff.

Yeah, silly ass Canadians ftw. Great shit. If youve never herd of "Trailer Park Boys", watch the first few season's of that too. Similar, but wayyy past the line.

2 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

Yeah, silly ass Canadians ftw. Great shit. If youve never herd of "Trailer Park Boys", watch the first few season's of that too. Similar, but wayyy past the line.

Yeah my ex gf’s teenage son is way into trailer park boys, but letterkenny is new to me. I’ve already texted a link to the cold open to half a dozen rl friends and i’ll be watching episodes soon as I get home from my apt. Thing is, my best internet friend, who is half the reason I’m playing Atlas at all, lives in Saskatchewan and she’s never mentioned it. Will def be giving her shit when she gets home from holiday about not clueing me in.

trailer park boys season 1-7 has to be some of the best comedy I have ever seen ranks up there with Seinfeld. a dope trailer is no place for a kitty rickey! bubbles hahahah

Edited by lordkhan4444

4 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

pitter-patter-lets-5b5773.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

Yeah my ex gf’s teenage son is way into trailer park boys, but letterkenny is new to me. I’ve already texted a link to the cold open to half a dozen rl friends and i’ll be watching episodes soon as I get home from my apt. Thing is, my best internet friend, who is half the reason I’m playing Atlas at all, lives in Saskatchewan and she’s never mentioned it. Will def be giving her shit when she gets home from holiday about not clueing me in.

Gotta watch out for those degens from up country!

• Haha 1

Hmm thought I already posted.

No.

On second thought Just No.

Lemme think about it...GTFO, sorry.

On 7/30/2019 at 11:07 AM, Chucksteak said:

+1 for crossplay.

Lettekinney? 

Props.

Sony has done cross play with PC for a while now just not with xbox. They have reasons regardless if anyone agrees with those reasons or not. Yes eventually it will happen at some point. 

As I said cross play works great with some games but other games not so much so don't see it with this game or at least with the current consoles. The next gen consoles absolutely I don't see the problem. Just right now on the current consoles hardware and how this game does I see it being a problem in performance vs the other. It would just be to much of a advantage for PC vs current consoles. Just my opinion of course.

As far as PC players been playing longer I don't really see that being the issue not to do cross play. I mean we all know or at least some know that it is very likely the game will have at the very least one more wipe. If they do cross play then most likely that would be the time it will happen. 

Edited by crazywildfire

35 minutes ago, crazywildfire said:

Sony has done cross play with PC for a while now just not with xbox. They have reasons regardless if anyone agrees with those reasons or not. Yes eventually it will happen at some point. 

As I said cross play works great with some games but other games not so much so don't see it with this game or at least with the current consoles. The next gen consoles absolutely I don't see the problem. Just right now on the current consoles hardware and how this game does I see it being a problem in performance vs the other. It would just be to much of a advantage for PC vs current consoles. Just my opinion of course.

As far as PC players been playing longer I don't really see that being the issue not to do cross play. I mean we all know or at least some know that it is very likely the game will have at the very least one more wipe. If they do cross play then most likely that would be the time it will happen. 

Not most likely. It would 100% happen. Nobody would by the game if they wouldn’t wipe

you guys do know even without crossplay we will still get more players on pc right??? if people like the game on xbox and they or their friends have a pc and they recommend the game then we will get more players. the real question is when this is released to Xbox will it be in a state that people will actually recommend other people play it??

1 hour ago, seruum said:

you guys do know even without crossplay we will still get more players on pc right??? if people like the game on xbox and they or their friends have a pc and they recommend the game then we will get more players. the real question is when this is released to Xbox will it be in a state that people will actually recommend other people play it??

Probably not. In my opinion needs to wait till next gen console. But hey what do I know.

2 hours ago, seruum said:

It better be. If it releases in December which it should that means they have had a whole year to make it stable, so I won’t be allowing any excuses after they had a year. I don’t care if they said ea is 2 years. After a year it needs to be stable at the very least. 

I will either praise it or damn it very strongly in either direction.

PTR replaces copy paste islands which would require a wipe if released to live.    

XBOX is coming sooner than later.   If Crossplay was going to be done, it only makes sense to wipe.

It does not make sense to add wild pirates to official and force newcomers to have to fight NPC to take an empty island when old players did not have to.  Better to wipe and make it so everyone has to do that.

Conjecture based on these facts?     The new islands and WPE are ready for when they wipe the servers for Crossplay

Edited by krazmuze
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, krazmuze said:

PTR replaces copy paste islands which would require a wipe if released to live.    

XBOX is coming sooner than later.   If Crossplay was going to be done, it only makes sense to wipe.

It does not make sense to add wild pirates to official and force newcomers to have to fight NPC to take an empty island when old players did not have to.  Better to wipe and make it so everyone has to do that.

Conjecture based on these facts?     The new islands and WPE are ready for when they wipe the servers for Crossplay

Awesome. Very good points

On 7/29/2019 at 1:50 AM, lordkhan4444 said:

when I log into atlas now I see a section that says cats,sailskins, and console on the screen. guess its coming sooner than end of year. but my question is do yall think the game will be crossplay? because only a handful of people play on pc and xbox will surely bring in thousands of new players. answer from a dev would be great.

you know few hrs ago today i was wondering "if they have the game in such a shamefull state, what the heck do they do at the office" answer: preparing the xbox version to scam even more people because fuck the people who already paid for the game.

On 7/30/2019 at 4:53 AM, Dollie said:

Yes, it's coming to Xbox sooner than the end of year. We'll share more info on the specifics of that when we're able.

I know it has been a wait and we really appreciate the excitement, hopefully we can share more with players soon. 

excitement?  no one is excited aside from the game's bank account, we are still waiting for the "early acces game" we got sold, because what we recieved was not an early access it was an alpha or even a pre alpha.

• Like 1