Sign in to follow this  
lordkhan4444

crossplay xbox

when I log into atlas now I see a section that says cats,sailskins, and console on the screen. guess its coming sooner than end of year. but my question is do yall think the game will be crossplay? because only a handful of people play on pc and xbox will surely bring in thousands of new players. answer from a dev would be great.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

when I log into atlas now I see a section that says cats,sailskins, and console on the screen. guess its coming sooner than end of year. but my question is do yall think the game will be crossplay? because only a handful of people play on pc and xbox will surely bring in thousands of new players. answer from a dev would be great.

If that happens that will most definitely kill the console release. They seriously can’t be that stupid.

i sure hope not. The only good thing that will absolutely come from cross platform will be another wipe. And thank god for that.

but no, if anything could make me not buy the game m, it would be crossplay. I really wouldn’t bother at all with this game if that was the case.

lets see how stupid they really are.

18 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

And no, you will see thousands of players join in the first day and within the first week it would be dead again and by a bigger margin.

Crossplay could be one of the scenarios to hold ATLAS alive.

We got a lot of new members during the sale and we try to avoid toxic companys with them 😁 But everyone is feeling the same, its a huge world with a few players (EU-PvE offi).

I understand it when new people lile single player or unofficials more. There you have something new and unique events and a friendly+social community 🙂

Im pretty sure the crossplay would bring a lot of new players 🙂

Edited by Puppies4ever

2 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

it will sea of thieves 2.0 with everybody screaming pc advantage!!!!!! cuase xbox will be getting 2fps

Yeah plus they aren’t good enough and development to make it work. If they attempt to do that then they will have a co sole launch failure as well lol

Cool, I want Crosswhatever then, more players, less Realists...

Funny how the faction guys also want to have the playerbase separated into factions as well, because they fear the competion and know they are not good at it...

'Cant compete with my toy against PCs... keep PC away from me...!'

'Cant compete alone against company or alliances, get everyone else stuck with me in factions...!'

'Cant have PVP around me, keep it away from me at the edge of the server where I need not go anyway'

i personally would love cross play.. would be the fleeting revival of the good ol' times, but with easier targets lmao. unfortunantly, i imagine it wouldnt go smooth, not at all. i doubt xbox could even handle it... look what it does to high end pc rigs with large harbor builds.. let lone what 100+ people would do to a server.. then ya got the aim botters, shotgun snipe kids, macro mouse kids... laying the hurt to the consol casual... would kill xbox atlas faster than the launch of pc atlas.

2 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

Funny how the faction guys also want to have the playerbase separated into factions as well, because they fear the competion and know they are not good at it...

'Cant compete alone against company or alliances, get everyone else stuck with me in factions...!'

'Cant have PVP around me, keep it away from me at the edge of the server where I need not go anyway'

No, I just see how you guys act on here so I wouldn’t want be be associated with those types of people. Kind of an above and beneath scenario.

1 hour ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

i personally would love cross play.. would be the fleeting revival of the good ol' times, but with easier targets lmao. unfortunantly, i imagine it wouldnt go smooth, not at all. i doubt xbox could even handle it... look what it does to high end pc rigs with large harbor builds.. let lone what 100+ people would do to a server.. then ya got the aim botters, shotgun snipe kids, macro mouse kids... laying the hurt to the consol casual... would kill xbox atlas faster than the launch of pc atlas.

To be honest I will be happy either way. Either they keep things separate and make a lot of money, or they can’t blend things together and fail on an even grander scale.

the best part is if crossplay happens they will totally fail and become the laughing stock of everyone. Which I am fine with.

they get to choose their success, and once again I will be happy either way 😉

2 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

Just got done with my usual on Twitter, informing the people asking about Xbox release. They won’t like that.

luckily I am here to make sure the pc people stay with their minimal playerbase and Xbox can flourish depending on the devs decisions. Pc is already done and it has been.

crossplay would make this company go down as the worst gaming company ever lol it is close to the title, Let’s see if they take it.

like i said on Twitter, I will he happy either way, crossplay or not 😉

Edited by Realist

On 7/29/2019 at 9:50 AM, lordkhan4444 said:

Yes, it's coming to Xbox sooner than the end of year. We'll share more info on the specifics of that when we're able.

I know it has been a wait and we really appreciate the excitement, hopefully we can share more with players soon. 

11 minutes ago, Dollie said:

Yes, it's coming to Xbox sooner than the end of year. We'll share more info on the specifics of that when we're able.

I know it has been a wait and we really appreciate the excitement, hopefully we can share more with players soon. 

You did pm this directly to Realist's inbox, too, right? 😜

10 minutes ago, Dollie said:

Yes, I expect November. However, you didn’t give any explanation on crossplay which is what the topic was about.

that is very concerning since all you mentioned was the release of Xbox. 

Really hope you guys understand the gamble of crossplay. You have a chance to be successful. I would hate to see your whole game go down because of a dumb decision. Just saying 

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

You did pm this directly to Realist's inbox, too, right? 😜

Lol, don’t worry boomer, I got this. “Hold my beer”

i would literally laugh out loud if they make crossplay. It would be a very sad spectacle 

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Yes, I expect November. However, you didn’t give any explanation on crossplay which is what the topic was about.

that is very concerning since all you mentioned was the release of Xbox. 

Really hope you guys understand the gamble of crossplay. You have a chance to be successful. I would hate to see your whole game go down because of a dumb decision. Just saying 

Never mind. He's all over it.

Just now, boomervoncannon said:

Never mind. He's all over it.

All over it is putting it lightly. This is my backyard now. I will not have the same failure come about on my platform.

i can only imagine the stupidity that it would take to even think about crossplay, let alone implement it. Smh

they actually have a chance to become somewhat successful. Why blow it all away?

console people don’t like pc people. It is actually that simple. I now have a new crusade. This crusade will be a very tireless one and without any regard for anyone else.

i will stop it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

All over it is putting it lightly. This is my backyard now. I will not have the same failure come about on my platform.

i can only imagine the stupidity that it would take to even think about crossplay, let alone implement it. Smh

they actually have a chance to become somewhat successful. Why blow it all away?

console people don’t like pc people. It is actually that simple. I now have a new crusade. This crusade will be a very tireless one and without any regard for anyone else.

i will stop it.

uh.

huh.

How exactly do you propose to stop it? Curious minds would like to know. I don't really care either way whether they crossplay or not and I'm having a hard time following your reasoning on why that would be bad, but since it's not really my ballywick, I'm kinda inclined to defer.

20 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

uh.

huh.

How exactly do you propose to stop it? Curious minds would like to know. I don't really care either way whether they crossplay or not and I'm having a hard time following your reasoning on why that would be bad, but since it's not really my ballywick, I'm kinda inclined to defer.

That would probably be good to defer.

how has anything been stopped? You protest it. I am not just here or on twitter but also Reddit, twitch and discord. I make waves when I see fit. Of course not one person can cause a revolution, but when a revolution is ready for the taking, it only needs a little bump.

i will fight this till the end. It won’t happen. It is a win/win for me either way. Success or failure will both please me. They just need to decide how I am pleased.

i don’t wish anything on them. They will do what they do but it will end in a win for me either way.

5 hours ago, Realist said:

No, I just see how you guys act on here so I wouldn’t want be be associated with those types of people. Kind of an above and beneath scenario.

I play both consoles and PC. I personally have came across more toxic people on console then PC. Maybe it is because more kids play console idk.

On topic, if they do cross play it is what it is. I hope they don't personally. I don't see how it would be fair for console players. Console ship vs PC ship. Unless you just have a crap PC then a PC ship is goin to put perform the console ship. The PC ship is goin to have less lag. Ok so they are together on the same ship. Don't let the console player behind the wheel and go into a new zone. You load in faster then you are loaded in waiting in one spot while getting sunk. I mean just to many different problems. Not to mention the mods. I could be wrong but don't see xbox allowing the mods not to mention that the console might not be able to handle the mods. 

Yes cross play works on a lot of games but a lot of games it doesn't and this I see be one that it doesn't work that great in my opinion. 

They need all the player base they can get right now so cross play would be the way to go in my opinion. I hope they do go down that road, I'm not bothered what platform they are on as long as they are in the game so you can interact and play.

4 hours ago, crazywildfire said:

I play both consoles and PC. I personally have came across more toxic people on console then PC. Maybe it is because more kids play console idk.

On topic, if they do cross play it is what it is. I hope they don't personally. I don't see how it would be fair for console players. Console ship vs PC ship. Unless you just have a crap PC then a PC ship is goin to put perform the console ship. The PC ship is goin to have less lag. Ok so they are together on the same ship. Don't let the console player behind the wheel and go into a new zone. You load in faster then you are loaded in waiting in one spot while getting sunk. I mean just to many different problems. Not to mention the mods. I could be wrong but don't see xbox allowing the mods not to mention that the console might not be able to handle the mods. 

Yes cross play works on a lot of games but a lot of games it doesn't and this I see be one that it doesn't work that great in my opinion. 

I think the only good thing that could come from crossplay is that there would be another wipe on pc, which would happen no matter what. Other than that it there would be nothing good about it.

it won’t happen

1 hour ago, DannyUK said:

They need all the player base they can get right now so cross play would be the way to go in my opinion. I hope they do go down that road, I'm not bothered what platform they are on as long as they are in the game so you can interact and play.

It wouldn’t make a difference. Console people would just leave very quickly. Even more pc people would leave because without a doubt they would do another wipe. Pretty sure there are pc players that would be mad about that.

The thing is the performance subject everyone is talking about doesn’t matter in the slightest.

the main problem is the pc has been playing for over 6 months now. You have already been familiar with the mechanics and already know the best spots on the map.

that is a huge advantage that I will not accept and believe me, the others aren’t either.

while the console players are trying to get off the Freeport, the pc people will already be building a fleet. 

Like I said before, go ahead and do crossplay, you will see numbers drop faster than ever before lol

7 minutes ago, Realist said:

The thing is the performance subject everyone is talking about doesn’t matter in the slightest.

the main problem is the pc has been playing for over 6 months now. You have already been familiar with the mechanics and already know the best spots on the map.

that is a huge advantage that I will not accept and believe me, the others aren’t either.

while the console players are trying to get off the Freeport, the pc people will already be building a fleet. 

Like I said before, go ahead and do crossplay, you will see numbers drop faster than ever before lol

Thats not a very valid argument.

The console Ark players will have a huge advantage over non-Ark players, you arn't arguing that.

Plus there is a wiki, a map, I bet you already know which freeport you want to spawn in and which island you are going to head for.

New non-Ark players on PC will not be able to compete with console Ex-Ark players.

Unless you want to argue that not playing the game is a huge disadvantage about knowledge of the game :classic_biggrin:.

4 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

Thats not a very valid argument.

The console Ark players will have a huge advantage over non-Ark players, you arn't arguing that.

Plus there is a wiki, a map, I bet you already know which freeport you want to spawn in and which island you are going to head for.

New non-Ark players on PC will not be able to compete with console Ex-Ark players.

Unless you want to argue that not playing the game is a huge disadvantage about knowledge of the game :classic_biggrin:.

Sure there is going to be a lot of people with advantages. Some way more than others.

and yeah, I feel really bad for the console players that haven’t even played ark. They definitely won’t stick around.

crossplay will very easily kill console release and they need it to be a success. I am sure they will end up not going with crossplay.

Edited by Realist

52 minutes ago, Realist said:

I am sure they will end up not going with crossplay.

I hope so. I don't want to play with all these kiddies who earned a Xbox at Xmas. 

Nice, more development time that would have been needed to actually fix the game split even thinner.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Grongash said:

Nice, more development time that would have been needed to actually fix the game split even thinner.

They will realize how stupid the idea was don’t worry. I don’t think they would be able to pull it off anyways. Just i I gone how the pc release was.

not only will pc get wiped but you will also go days with all the crashing from the release. That would make people very happy.

Edited by Realist