Sign in to follow this  
Cvr

Treasure Map AotD Spawn/Mesh Issue & solution

I've done my fair share of fighting AotD from treasure maps before and after wipe.
Often you go to the beam and the AotD spawn with no problem, and you can just start killing them.

However it feels like that there is a fair amount of times where the AotD spawn underneath rocks, mountains, map placed structures etc. Some time it can be resolved by trying to resummon them a few times, but often you have to abandon the map due to the fact that you have no chance of getting through the mesh to kill them.

I propose that treasure maps gets changed, and have an additional effect.
You still collect them and go the the grid/mark the same as now, but instead of them instantly being summoned you make it a player action, maybe using E or the like while you have the map equipped, while on or very close to the beam, just a small radius, the AotD woukd then spawn on the player who "used" the map.

This could resolve a lot of issues caused by having AotD spawning within mesh while players are just barely unable to reach them, and have the additional bonus of giving a chance if the beam happens to be on an enemy structure.

• Like 2