Sign in to follow this  
Jean pierre baptiste

Water Jar??

well we got water in the res and a TAP on it but can't fill neither water skins nor water jar from it, so atm they are kinda pointless, would be nice if they could be used for water instead of all the digging constantly... fix plz?

Water?  Who drinks / eats in this game?  When we git thirsty, hungry, or vitamin deficient, we jump on a fire, drown our selves, or get shot in the face.  Death is so much easier than worrying about survival. 

9 minutes ago, TNSEE said:

Water?  Who drinks / eats in this game?  When we git thirsty, hungry, or vitamin deficient, we jump on a fire, drown our selves, or get shot in the face.  Death is so much easier than worrying about survival. 

The truth of this statement is the canary in the coal mine that survival related mechanics need tweaking. If people consider death the most efficient option instead of actually trying to survive in your survival MMO, you probably need to change some things.

• Like 1

^^ I agree, but the Vitamin system is so borked, and in particular Fish being hunted out in Freeport zones, it's the only way to get anything done.  I see they're patching shortly to make Vitamins deteriorate more slowly at sea while at the same time making food decay faster to balance it out.  It might work out, but if not people will just stash their stuff in boxes, kill themselves and spawn at the bed again.  I left Freeport with between 120 and 150 of each berry food group and about 70 of each meat group, plus 3 skins of water...  I found land just in time because the food rots so fast NOW, and I ended up unable to eat all the produce I made.  How much faster are the going to make it decay I wonder.

I'd planned to use Preserving Bags and Salt to make food last longer, but of course the Skill Point "adjustment" this morning screwed that idea.  😞

The best way to do it... in my opinon. Is to Get rid of vitamin D.  And allow Max tap vitamin but do not allow it to do Too much vitamins.  Do you know how good the human body are.  if you got too much of one thing then the body will eject it out Via Pee and poop.   And other filtering process.  In fact they can just delete Hunger... and keep vitamins.   as they are.  and instead of losing one vitamins to be damaging health.... 

Instead do this 100/100 health for all three vitamin that are up pass the 10% mark.  Once A vitamin goes down pass the mark.  Change max health to 60/60 and so if you run out of all vitamins then its 0/0 death.   So thus gives a leeway room for surviving but reward good plays and thus mechanic of it will benefit better.

You need to dunk the water jar into a water barrel.

The water barrel refills during rain when you leave it open.

8 minutes ago, Leonn said:

You need to dunk the water jar into a water barrel.

The water barrel refills during rain when you leave it open.

Its things like theese that makes games like this so awesome. 

Too bad about all the crap though. They need to plain rip out the skill tree and start over, same thing with the claim workings. 😕

2 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

The truth of this statement is the canary in the coal mine that survival related mechanics need tweaking. If people consider death the most efficient option instead of actually trying to survive in your survival MMO, you probably need to change some things.

Yes, about half the time I resort to killing myself in the game. Eventually, either on purpose or by accident, you need to kill yourself with this vitamin system. The vitamins slowly go down even when you eat to 100% full and then you eat too much trying to raise them and take damage and then you die.