Gaxon

Blackwood Bug list

Posted (edited)

Freeport Island

1.  You can drop claim flags on the freeport town and other structures on the island.

South eastern Island bugs.

1. This is a spawn island for new player start but covered in cyclops. I think the cyclops are supposed to be on the north eastern isle with the drake? You can just walk up to the drake no problem.
  2.  Majority of Island Is missing snap points.
  3.  Looks like a Temparate Island but has the weather and temperature of a Tundra island.

Central Eastern Island

1.  No snap points anywhere on the island for building.
  2.  Very few animal spawns

North Central Islands

1.  No opposition getting to drake. 
  2.  Will do more testing on this island today
  3. Building is enabled, maybe intentional?

All Islands and map in general

1.  Missing salt water fish around Island shores.
  2.  Beds don't show on map and randomly stop working unless you create a new company.
  3.  Lack of SOTD (Yeah I know, thought you would never hear that one right?)
  4.  Vegetation seems to be mixed up. Aloe plants give fiber, fiber plants give berries, Berry plants to fiber are 4 to 1 it seems.
  5. Missing or lack of medicinal plants. 
  6. Missing Wheat or lack of. 
  7. Missing or Lack of Iron, Copper and Cobalt nodes. I’ve searched every island. Two islands have silver, one has Iridium and the rest have tin. 
  8. Unable to grow crops due to biomes restrictions. 
  9. No discovery points. Needed for two achievements and skills. 
  10. Found several Sperm Whales but no Blue whales yet. Possibly missing. 
  11. Trees floating in the sky northwest of south eastern island. 
  12. Merging companies deletes merged companies claim flags. 
  13. Silos cant be placed on Blackwoods type of claim system. 
  14. SOTD spawning outside server boundary and becoming stuck. 
  15. Sunken treasure spawning along coastal areas with treasure being underground. 
  16. Sunken treasure spawning outside of server boundary. 
Edited by Gaxon
Adding bugs
  • Like 4

Ok did a fly slomo run through to see what didn't allow for placing a  foundation.

5 of the islands have maybe the wrong - collision- set for the landscape mesh or bugged out on bake.. (but allow build on the large rock assets/cliffs)

bottom left (nope island)
the 3 islands on the right from bottom.
and the Small island just above the Freeport.

Those ones ignore building on the Ladscape mesh but allow on the added Rock assets.

er, I totally forgot to check the landscape mesh at freeport, since the only foundations I set there were on the dock and a fly by cliff (that was showing placement option)

As far as spawns for both animal and Sotd, my game has plenty but, I as well have my difficulty settings up high and my spawn number set up a lil.  I have plenty of animal spawns and Sotd in groups of 4.  Fish in ponds and swamp but, absent on most shore lines, currently but, that could be that the spawns for ocean are not close to those shore? donno

Plants do seem to give wrong drops (unless its just suppose to be that way) as well, some of them in some places don't seem to be set to harvest at all (even if they harvest same plant fine in other spots)

Thank you both. We'll look into these reports. 

Here some more Things...

First, in the cropplots you cant use any seed! only the base seed (veggi) functs.

next : flying trees on the Ozean

next: no Sharks or Dolphins( i see Nothing)

next: A giant Whale on an Island!

next: The silo cant place! "must place on an Island"

ok first thats all! 

greetz Gun76ner

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Gaxon said:

Freeport Island

1.  You can drop claim flags on the freeport town and other structures on the island.

That is not a map bug but a limitation of Atlas itself.   The same problem exists on every unofficial because the map settings for claims are not per island but per grid.   This is because official was designed to have only freeport islands in freeport grids, so no consideration was given to designing it to allow non-freeport islands alongside freeport islands.

Posted (edited)

Elephants on the Blackwood Freeport will not tame with Wheat, Coconut or Wild Rice.

Tried 3 different elephants 2x times each.

Edited by Jack Lazarus

Posted (edited)

ServerPassword doesn't seem to work.

When (or has it already) will Blackwood be added to the DevKit?  Saw news was posted after I asked 😄

5 hours ago, krazmuze said:

That is not a map bug but a limitation of Atlas itself.   The same problem exists on every unofficial because the map settings for claims are not per island but per grid.   This is because official was designed to have only freeport islands in freeport grids, so no consideration was given to designing it to allow non-freeport islands alongside freeport islands.

I like this personally. I dropped a flag as the server owner on the areas I don't want people claiming so problem solved and now I can build a public area in and around these areas.

Edited by Cradz

Posted (edited)

Tamed a lion and now the lions health does not restore and shows near death, even after 15mins, which by then it should have health restored. Natures touch does nothing for it.

Update: disregard this. I found the issue and fixed it.

Edited by phreakbee
updated

All Islands and map in general:

Cannot plant crops because none of the "Unique" biomes match the seeds allowances.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

sotd spawning outside border , and don't appear to be able to cross into main area 

trees floating above sea approx middle of map 

Edited by UDO

On 7/29/2019 at 10:20 AM, krazmuze said:

Actually several places on the Blackwood map will not allow you to place a flag. Same areas will not let you build because they do not have snap points. 

Unable to locate Medical Herbs, Turnips or Wheat plants. 

Can anyone else confirm?

Updated bug list. I’ll update again when I find or confirm more that others have posted. 

I’ll be testing breeding tonight. 

Posted (edited)

Does ServerPassword work for you @Gaxon?

Merging companies doesn't merge claim flags (they disappear). Found this as we have been merging companies to resolve the bed issue. Everything else merges (buildings, boats, and tames).

Also noticed Smithy etc. don't have the lock option like on live... am I missing some setting? Storage and resource boxes do have the lock.

Can confirm Silos can't be placed (they are probably tied to the "new" island claim system rather than the old style claim flag circles we're using).

Edited by Cradz

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Cradz said:

Does ServerPassword work for you @Gaxon?

Merging companies doesn't merge claim flags (they disappear). Found this as we have been merging companies to resolve the bed issue. Everything else merges (buildings, boats, and tames).

Also noticed Smithy etc. don't have the lock option like on live... am I missing some setting? Storage and resource boxes do have the lock.

Can confirm Silos can't be placed (they are probably tied to the "new" island claim system rather than the old style claim flag circles we're using).

Merging deleting flags I can confirm.

Smithy only locks in PvE, are you in PvE or PvP?

I think Silos are for settlements. It would be nice if they could mod them to work with flag claims.

I’ve not tried server password, but I’ve seen several mention it not working in discord. I can test it tonight and let you know. 

Edited by Gaxon

Posted (edited)

Yes we're PvE.

Correction, storage boxes have no lock option but can be PIN coded.

Ship Resource box and ammo box have the lock option.

Just tried bForceAllStructureLocking=1 and that didn't fix it.

Edited by Cradz

Has anyone found a work around for the beds other than creating a new company which makes you lose everything you have including tames?

Merge works and only thing you lose are claim flags. Need an alt account or a 2nd player though to merge of course.

Does it fix it permanently? or just fix the beds that are currently down?

Posted (edited)

No not permanently. Seems after server restart you have same issue.

I just restarted the server this morning to make a config change and just placed a new bed down and can't use it.

After merging and before a server restart new beds do work.

Edited by Cradz

On 7/30/2019 at 1:43 PM, Gaxon said:

Actually several places on the Blackwood map will not allow you to place a flag. Same areas will not let you build because they do not have snap points. 

Unable to locate Medical Herbs, Turnips or Wheat plants. 

Can anyone else confirm?

@Gaxon I have found medical herbs on the freeport island: Spirulina. It typically grows where there's lots of plants so its hard to find unless you go on a fiber run near the catfish lakes.

I just put down a new bed (after the patch today) and still not registering in the company log when placed or usable.

Server Password now works... Thank you! 😄 

Great to see how many Blackwood servers there are. Shows there is a decent number wanting this type of map.

Posted (edited)

Same here, beds still not working for us. We tried putting down a new one. Still no go. Also still no fish, but I did not see that mentioned in the notes.

Edited by Neitfall
More bugs

Also still having bed issues.

Turmeric is a medicinal herb that is also on the Freeport Island. 

Even after the update - beds still bugged.  Tried making new beds, still doesn't work, beds do not get added to the company when put down.