So after playing the game for awhile, I think there are a few things Grapeshot could add to make this game a lot of fun for a variety of players!

One thing I think Grapeshot should add is a different type of structure design for wood or stone. Not to get rid of the one already in place but to add my designs to make the community more diverse on servers and to let players be more creative. Another thing is painting, make the colors pop more on buildings, especially roofs when painting roofs there is barely a color difference and it looks gross. make the color bright and "brand new" on the roof. 

I think Grapeshot is doing a good job with cosmetics with outfits and the wheel skins, but maybe add some for cannons or even the planks of the ship itself. Another thing they could do is have other ways of getting gold besides trading and treasure maps. Doing something similar to Ark with Cave loot. They could have "broken chests" or treasure rooms you can find on certain islands that can give you gold.