SafirN

Single player issues..

I was so happy to play the new map yesterday and forgot to create a company. when I was leaving, I didn't notice that it was exporting character instead of leaving the game. So when I noticed it it was to late, so now my character is not the owner of the animal and the buildings on the map. Can I fix it in any way? I'd rather not lose the progress I made in playing yesterday ..

2 hours ago, SafirN said:

I was so happy to play the new map yesterday and forgot to create a company. when I was leaving, I didn't notice that it was exporting character instead of leaving the game. So when I noticed it it was to late, so now my character is not the owner of the animal and the buildings on the map. Can I fix it in any way? I'd rather not lose the progress I made in playing yesterday ..

look at Ark cheat

You should be able to do a TakeAllDinos
and TakeAllStructure
Something like that

The same happened to me. They should be change the location of the export button.

• Like 1

I managed to get my character back in the company but the animals were still not mine so I made up some building parts and took everything my character managed to carry with me and exported my character delete what I had saved on the map and started again with the same character.

The fact that the non-dedicated multiplayer overwrites your single player is also not acceptable.

14 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

Looks like that playerbase really enjoy single player mode. You find a lot of positive reviews about that 🙂

Very true. 

• Thanks 1

how do i use admin command? if I press TAB or the button above TAB I do not get the line where I can write admin command on. I can't find any place where I can activate it either 😞

You can use the ` key to access your console, it'll be the one above TAB. You'll also see a keybind option for it in the settings, under the Misc heading. Some other commands you guys may find handy:

cheat forceplayertojointargettribe 0 

It'll place you in the company of the structure you're looking at

also:

cheat givetome

This will transfer ownership of an object (creature or structure) that you're looking at to you. So in the case where you've accidentally lost ownership of your creature, you can move it back. Will discuss with the team about relocating that option so it's not at the bottom, as well as ways we can handle the company loss from a technical POV -- not sure if it's possible due to the nature of SP, but we'll see.

Thanks for the reply 🙂 I still can't get up the admin command line. now I can also not get into the map 😞 it sends me directly to steam where it says that i can download the map but i have already played on the map so it is downloaded .. i have let steam go through all the playing files to atlas to correct any errors but dt didn't help either..

Edited by SafirN

Is there anything in my setup that i need to change in order to bring up the admin command line? I also don't get it on that ocean map ..

in the game set up settings ie xp sliders etc there is a check box to allow admin commands,is it activated?

24 minutes ago, SafirN said:

Is there anything in my setup that i need to change in order to bring up the admin command line? I also don't get it on that ocean map ..

It's a question about your keyboard (en, de, us...) Maybe you have to set a key in the options for open the console (I had to).

some orders work with "cheat summon bla bla" and others only work with "Admincheat summon bla bla". Like "forcetame" a.e.

well it's been a couple days since I went into single player settings but i'm sure it had an admin command option you needed to check.Can't remember if it was in advanced options or normal sliders.

3 hours ago, SafirN said:

You will need to reload the map. Also, same thing happened to me on the export character. I don’t know why they decided to put that option where exit to main menu generally is. I think this burned a lot of people. 

I was able to get structures and tames back with the “cheat givetome” command but the tames where stuck at the current level and could not gain exp. 

yeh I looked at your screenshots and you deffo have allow admin logging checked,so sorry I don't know what else to suggest,there was a game I used to play where the admin bar never showed when it was active, till I typed, cant remember if it was my full screen settings. It was a long time ago.

7 hours ago, SafirN said:

Thanks for the reply 🙂 I still can't get up the admin command line. now I can also not get into the map 😞 it sends me directly to steam where it says that i can download the map but i have already played on the map so it is downloaded .. i have let steam go through all the playing files to atlas to correct any errors but dt didn't help either..

You'll need to make sure you've got the free DLC in order to gain access to the map, you can spot it by searching for ATLAS in your Steam Library, and there will be an option to ✅ Blackwood as an active DLC. As for the keybinding, it may be because your keyboard doesn't support the character, for which you can change the key binding in your game options:

https://gyazo.com/9535220003a33e9e7cdd4ab37752f7bd

Toggle console is the option you'd want to reassign to a different key.

Thanks for your help. i made it work and everything is ok now my animal still gets xp. but I found a bug when taming an olfend it couldn't hurt me when I fed it. And it looks like it is impossible to plant any seeds on the Blackwood islands..

1. Still have to test again but the silo does not feed or pay crew that is docked at island.

2. Seems to have memory issues still loosing parts of my building after I zone out for a while and then come back.