Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Ok so I need a really good break down of servers

So right now pop might be low on pc but it will surely he high on console at the very least in the beginning. I need a good amount of details on anything anyone knows.

what I mean is what fortitude is needed for attic areas, the best 3x3 on the entire cluster as far as resources and where the best place to find certain tames are. As well as many other things.

dont worry I don’t get bored but I like efficiency, so give me every single detail you can. I am talking the map by the way. Not life hack style mechanics. I want to know this globe.

so let’s do this. Give me the most efficient information you can. Internet research does wonders but it is not flawless. I am not sure if I will join back with my old Megas or if my buddy and I will just go duo. It will mainly he the same no matter what because we will all work together(part of a mega, but off doing our own thing).

either way I need some info and this would be an awesome time to do it. Still a few months out from console release but it is always better to be prepared.

kind of like ark really. Any new addition to ark on pc, I would always follow it closely to have a better understanding once I got there.

lastly, and once again mechanics aren’t important in the slightest. This is about the cluster and the details of the cluster. More of a geography class if you will.

ok....go!

1 hour ago, Realist said:

what fortitude is needed for attic areas

I'm not sure what you mean by this - do you mean the Polar regions? The fortitude you need to survive there is different than the fortitude needed to guarantee that you will be safe from hypothermia. I think (sorry, not a precise number) that around 30 fortitude is a bare minimum fortitude to live somewhat comfortably (in fur) in the polar region.

1 hour ago, Realist said:

the best 3x3 on the entire cluster as far as resources and where the best place to find certain tames are. As well as many other things.

There is no 3x3 cluster that I am aware of that has all the typical farming tames (Rhino, giraffe, elephant, and bear). The best candidates would almost certainly be in the corner of one of the biomes, so the 3x3 cluster would have 4 different biomes with different sets of resources and tames. For example, I know that the 3x3 cluster centered on E11 has many resources and tames. I would hesitate to say it is the best cluster, though, since I don't have information about tames and resources in each grid off the top of my head.

- Only in the equatorial servers it's possible to plant all of the plants.

- each server u choose is nearly the same: a grid of 5x5 and u get access to nearly all resources.

- with skilled 30 points in fort, u can survive a coldwave in the highest polar regions in a normal fur equipment and a heatwave in the desert with clothes on. But u need to keep the vitamin buff too (another +30 fort).

- go first for a bear or two. Makes your life ingame lot easier. Taming an elephant or giraffe is way more easier with a bear than with a taming bin.

- take care if u put down a shipyard. If the water is not deep enough, your ship will crush by releasing instant.

- never forget the bed (major tip)

- In the low desert (a.e. J11 the island in the SE) there are lot of plants across the shore where you can easily farm thatch with a bear. Nearly 10 time faster than with a giraffe.

- in K11 (and same biomes) u can find a lot of bamboo. Go there with a ele for wood. The bamboo is respawning so fast, that u never have to walk away (turn around and it's nearly respawned)

- never die in a freeport (on official) or you will loose all you had in your inventory and your clothes.

Forb has some good general advice for you, just gonna add and expand on what he said.  Firstly, being able to plant all the plants only matters if you want to get deep into cooking or want to do your own taming/breeding. If you want quality tames but don’t necessarily want to bother with the mechanics of beastmastery much, you can always just buy tames from someone who does. Also you can plant enough things in tropical and tundra gardens to make a decent selection of 2 vitamin foods, so you shouldn’t feel restricted to equatorial for basing.

Forgetting to put a bed on every ship is a really good way to lose that ship or create a major headache for yourself. Bed should be the first thing you install once it’s built. 

What he’s saying about bamboo is significant because it’s the one fiber where gettting large quantities of it otherwise is a headache.

Bears are def one of the most important tames at this point. Parrots I feel are underrated for their insulation buff (think otter). Monkeys can be handy when taming because they buff your regen and sometimes you take a hit when feeding but time is of the essence.

If you intend to craft high level gear, then by far your biggest consideration will be locating within shortest distance to all 6 mat varieties within a type, and at top of the importance list for this will be metal owners no to the combination of its weight and use in many different recipes. Second is wood. Stone, gems and crystal are also heavy but used in fairly few high end crafts. I have found tundra to be best for metal proximity.

You have said in the past you are into building. If you play on pvp, stone is the only way to go. Unfortunately nothing is really good at gathering stone. Rhinos in theory but they are meh imo. A good hatchet with high damage and durability and bring your elephant to pack mule is the better option. Trying to build higher quality stone walls from bp’s is probably not worth the headache of trying to assemble large quantities of 5 or 6 types of stone. Just build more walls.