Sign in to follow this  
Mike L

Have ships "steal" all xp from other ships you sink in pvp

Title almost says it all, ships should take all the xp from other ships it sinks in pvp combat.  Would make even greater incentive to pvp with not fully leveled ships. 

Also it would be great if you made it only steal xp from unanquored ships, so not to encourage griefing. 

22 hours ago, Mike L said:

Title almost says it all, ships should take all the xp from other ships it sinks in pvp combat.  Would make even greater incentive to pvp with not fully leveled ships. 

Also it would be great if you made it only steal xp from unanquored ships, so not to encourage griefing. 

Maybe not all XP.  And if someone runs down my Sloop when they are in  a Brig, they definitely shouldn't get all the XP.  Say 50% XP for same ship size or larger, 25% for one size smaller and 0% for ships too sizes smaller.

It's harder to get the small ships very much xp in the first place. You could scale down the bonus for ships smaller than yours, but I dont see any reason not to take all the xp.

Also it's not like this would get to any exploity level, since all ships have a max level.  Would just offer another way for ships to level, and the ships sunk in pvp at sea, wouldn't just be wiped progress, they'd progress another ship. 

If you sink a level 52 galleon with a lvl 42 one, I feel that you should get to have a lvl 52 galleon after that, if that was your max.  Leveling up ships takes a very long time, so say two companies have a ship battle, the loser of the battle loses some maxed out ships, the enemy now has maxed out ships vs non maxed ships. Unless they leave the company who lost the ship battles alone for a week or so, then one company will never have a means of having maxed ships without sinking the enemy's maxed ships with ones that are still leveling.