Sign in to follow this  
Mike L

Easy fix for piracy, and ship combat balance.

Ship stealing- make steering wheels and sails useable by any pirate so long as theres no npc on it already. 

Offline ship griefing- increase anquored ship plank resistance to 1000% at least. Also make doors and walls easier to destroy while ship is anquored.(ship can be raided easily, but very hard to sink)

Also remove combat timers! There 90% of grief play is gone. 

These three changes could vastly improve aspects of the game, and I feel as though they would be quick and easy to implement. 

Edited by Mike L
  • Like 1

- So just need more cannonballs on one plank, good that the target is not moving...

And for 10x just one plank in damage I get all the loot and 75% of demo resources...

Hope you anchor near metal and coal spawns...

- so no land PVP? = no combat timer...

- so you wake up to a stolen and no longer sunken ship... “big difference“

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10x is much better than 3x

Your missing that the enemy cant unanquor your ship, so this would only work for ships at sea.

There is an easy to use war system for land pvp. 

Thanks for the feedback and concern!

Edited by Mike L
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Mike L said:

There is an easy to use war system for land pvp. 

There is a much easier to use 9h raid timer for free every day... and the ships go down...

4 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

There is a much easier to use 9h raid timer for free every day... and the ships go down...

Uhm? You made no point here. In these hypothetical changes there is no 9hr combat timer. 

I'm not trying to be mean. Was just stating that obviously if you took out the 9 hr timer players would have to war others or fight on lawless for land pvp. 

Still I think it would be a major improvement, for Qol and for sustainability and popularity of the game as a whole. 

Ok, did not get you wanted no raid timer with that.

Well, i myself, am advocating for getting rud of the timer as well and make claimed islands always peace, but claim flag radius always raidable. Mainly so the little settler guy is mostly save, but also to get the structure count down - dont need to have everything structure protected anymore.

You'll still need the structure protection in order to not let your enemies build enough to take your island.  I dont see what changes there. 

However they do it, changes like these need to be put in place for lots of reasons. One of the biggest being the direction the games currently headed towards, which is one giant mega alliance that turns the game into pve essentially. 

It's already moved into two main giant white list alliances. Only a matter of time before one wins. 

That's why they should never have abandoned the small companies.  I've always said it from the beginning, its literally those small companies that drive the game and make it interesting.  Players that primarily play in big companies never understand this. They always say," but your just a small number of players theres no way you could matter. " 

On 8/1/2019 at 1:55 AM, Mike L said:

You'll still need the structure protection in order to not let your enemies build enough to take your island.

You talking about foundation spam? In lawless?
We given up on that - never used it really - because the goal is not to keep people off your island, but keep to flag, base and harbor secure.
If someone wants to come to wipe us, foundation spam will not stop him... active defense will... structure defense alone just you time...

And yes, I am with you, the small and medium size groups are more important than the one mega. They are the bigger part of the player base.
But with current game mechanics they cannot survive against a bored mega.

Also I am not too sure where you see that it ends in one mega alliance currently... the megas are dying in numbers so fast, that there strenght in numbers changes and therefore new alliances are formed all the time, when the megas can no longer give the protection to the smaller members and those smaller members looking for new sugar days or even becoming megas themself because they now have equal numbers suddenly... lot of flux currently, as the playerbase is dying, because the playerbase is no longer self sustaining... people are leaving now because too many have left already... the servers are  circling the drain...
I fear only XBox can change that or a wipe that puts multiple servers together to raise player levels per server to sustaining levels again...

No I was meaning, with your proposed change of the island in peace, while the claim flag radius is always combat. 

With that if you dont piller spam your beaches someone will come by and make storage you dont know about on your island that they leave pvp kits in. Until you find there stuff your island would be in danger.

Would probably still be better than the 9hr combat window though. 

The fact of it is. There is no Offline raiding when you have a combat timer. If you dont have an active player base you shouldn't own an island. Combat timer permits dmg. The x10 on boats would just ram the boat and gg. No cannon balls. I don't think you guy do enough attacks to understand that the only way to keep ur shit is to be online or have enough defenses to stop whats happening. Ive fought many harbors and base defenses to know that the AI will defend you if you have them in proper placement. But if they have the numbers while you are offline. nothing will save what you are trying to propose.

44 minutes ago, Shizza said:

The fact of it is. There is no Offline raiding when you have a combat timer. If you dont have an active player base you shouldn't own an island. Combat timer permits dmg. The x10 on boats would just ram the boat and gg. No cannon balls. I don't think you guy do enough attacks to understand that the only way to keep ur shit is to be online or have enough defenses to stop whats happening. Ive fought many harbors and base defenses to know that the AI will defend you if you have them in proper placement. But if they have the numbers while you are offline. nothing will save what you are trying to propose.

First of all you can use boats as defence so, you may get sunk by its cannons trying to ram it.  And you honestly yourself play all 9 hours of your combat time each day? I'm in a company which has members online for the combat timer, but if the enemy shows up while members are out sailing ships, and doing things they may not all be able to just drop what there doing, but they have to. Why? Combat timer. And everyone uses ships instead of land cannons to defend their harbors now. Npcs that are far away or high up on cliffs dont shoot anymore.  Puckles and swivels are about the only useful land defences, and both can be outranged by regular ship cannons on the back of a bear. 

Mostly wanting combat timer to go, so that having the most members in your company isn't the way to win the game. 

Would rather it be based more on who's better at the combat. Instead of who has more freetime between all the members of their company.  

Just wish anyone would take a minute, to think about the game without combat timers.  It takes out alot of the reason to just day to day troll other companies, which is also why everyone gets bored and quits, but leaves in the ability to prepare as good as you can for an island seige, and show them how to destroy stuff when the war timer starts. 

How the game is now though if a war deck is put on your island, your best bet is to move your shit to the Freeport, and take some kits to their island and troll them in combat time each day until the war.  If you win doing that, you've already won the war. 

In fact it's so bad since players already know the winner before the war starts most companies I see, just pack up and move, or quit playing instead of fighting. 

Edited by Mike L