Sign in to follow this  
kapp

where`s the hat?

it`s been months , but why didn`t i get the hat ???:classic_sad:

did they forget the hat as well as the new content?

• Thanks 1

A missing person’s report has been filed with appropriate authorities but at present the hat’s whereabouts are unknown.  The issue is a sensitive one and many here are hesitant to speak openly about their fears regarding the hat’s fate, but the degree to which it is now overdue is not a promising sign. Authorities do say that a certain Cat is a “person of interest”  with regard to the hat’s whereabouts. If you or anyone you know has information about either the Cat or the hat, they are urged to contact Inspector Jerryn immediately. Information which lead’s to the hat’s recovery may be rewarded with an ingame item.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My wife just yesterday said, “Where’s my hat?” I said that a team of people are working very hard to make sure that the promise of a legacy hat is kept. Then she said, “Will we ever get our top hats back?” “Of course we will”, I replied. A dev team this devoted to it’s core players would never abandon its little things that make it fun. (When she stops playing so do I so ya’ll devs better hurry it up) 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Luna Ravenstar said:

But what if the hats have been kidnapped and the nefarious evil doers demand a ransom ???!?

Would that make the Ransomwear?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Luna Ravenstar said:

But what if the hats have been kidnapped and the nefarious evil doers demand a ransom ???!?

Grapecard does not negotiate with kidnappers as a matter of policy.

It does not do so in the rain, it will not do so on a train.

It will not do so in a box, it will not do so with a fox.

It will not do so here or there. It will not do so anywhere.

Not in the rain, not on a train, not in a box, not with a fox.

It will not negotiate Luna you see, find some other way to get that hat free.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Haha 1

I supposed no negotiation could be a bit of a silver lining since I'm still not sure how much catnip I had left ever around to give them in exchange.:classic_blush:

😞 It hasn't been scrapped and should still be making its way to you, though it may not be until the next mega patch drops.

2 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

😞 It hasn't been scrapped and should still be making its way to you, though it may not be until the next mega patch drops.

*Is still eligible for the hat*

Go on with the hat. In a year u don't know who deserve it. And if I get a hat and another who just started to play, it's no more a special gift...

On 7/30/2019 at 11:03 AM, Jatheish said:

So this hat is one of the most difficult projects in the game.:pirate_mask:

I'm really not going to be my usual ass about this hat thing cause I really don't care about the hat.  I'm actually glad they haven't wasted resources on the bloody hat, when they have so many other more important things to get fixed, debugged and implemented.  SO F#^% THE HAT!

Edited by sgzeroone

But they added new Steering wheel skins,  C'mon have you not gotten your level 16 quality ship wreck yet?      Go go Crab wheel skin.  

On 7/29/2019 at 8:06 PM, boomervoncannon said:

*Is still eligible for the hat*

Ditto!  

43 minutes ago, sgzeroone said:

I'm really not going to be my usual ass about this hat thing cause I really don't care about the hat.  I'm actually glad they haven't wasted resources on the bloody hat, when they have so many other more important things to get fixed, debugged and implemented.  SO F#^% THE HAT!

Yeah...except that's not how development works.  The guys that make the hats aren't exactly going to be doing bug fixes, etc.  

18 minutes ago, Slash78 said:

Yeah...except that's not how development works.  The guys that make the hats aren't exactly going to be doing bug fixes, etc.  

Important things is only bugs?    

Let me rephrase my statement for those who count the words instead of reading them.  The hat is not a important thing hence, its on the back burner and that's a good thing.

1 hour ago, sgzeroone said:

when they have so many other more important things to get fixed, debugged and implemented.

Of all the things I could nitpick Grapeshot on it would not be the stinking hat.  Prioritize your disappointment, like me  🙂

13 minutes ago, sgzeroone said:

Important things is only bugs?    

Let me rephrase my statement for those who count the words instead of reading them.  The hat is not a important thing hence, its on the back burner and that's a good thing.

Of all the things I could nitpick Grapeshot on it would not be the stinking hat.  Prioritize your disappointment, like me  🙂

And you still don't get how development works...

11 minutes ago, Slash78 said:

And you still don't get how development works...

Pretty sure the thread was about the hat, not game development.  Not sure what the relevance on my knowledge of game development has to do with anything.  I also don't recall ever saying that I know how Grapeshot's dev team is setup, not do I know the size of their team.  So I don't know how many people they have working on the different aspects of the game.  I also don't know if they have certain team members working on the creative side or the bug fixing side of things, or both.   But hey if you have the breakdown on their team and who's doing what at Grapeshot, please share.  I would be semi-interested.

But you don't have the hat, so it's clear its not a priority for them.  Whoever is working on whatever.

That’s it for this Captain’s Log, we look forward to sharing the ultimate pirate experience with our new crew members and continuing on our journey with our seasoned veterans (resplendent with their new fancy hats 😉 )

copied from the actual announcement.

finally we get the hat?

• Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 11:03 PM, Jatheish said:

Fixed that for ya.

• Haha 1