Hattrix

Sharks - why only 1 species

BTW .... Hammerheads aren't even aggressive towards humans like other species.

ARK has the meg, so why can't the devs add a great white type shark along with the hammerhead?

Seems pretty easy.

1. Take ARK megalodon model

2. Scale it down to slightly larger than the hammerhead

3. Add the new shark to the game as a chance to spawn 

OK .. I know there's more to animation and motion and damage for bites, and death model and .. .. ect    but please add another shark type!

To be honest, a tiger shark would be a better option than the great white. It's just as dangerous to humans and is probably more unpredictable.

Ooooh .. I just thought of something cool ... If you kill a tigershark and chop it up with the hatchet (not the pick) you get a random chance at getting a license plate along with the meat  LOL ... but instead of it being called a license plate, it'd be called "odd metal plate" because there aren't cars in the game so the people finding it wouldn't have a clue as to what it really was. That'd be a neat little nod to the movie Jaws.

Edited by Hattrix

15 minutes ago, Hattrix said:

which was a very odd choice from the devs , BUT cats so it is all good 

You shouldn't compare too much with nature and history - it's a fantasy game after all.

Still, many of us do prefer a high amount of realism from these kinds of games, ships and animals and what not. 

22 minutes ago, Wotannatow said:

You shouldn't compare too much with nature and history - it's a fantasy game after all.

Still, many of us do prefer a high amount of realism from these kinds of games, ships and animals and what not. 

Yea, I know It's a fantasy game, but putting a better choice for an animal isn't a bad thing by the devs....it would have been a GOOD thing. It shows that they're cognizant of the realism part.

I'd have a greater chance for the hammerhead out in the deep sea, cruising along with a school of other hammerheads. They'd be like bears.... non aggro until attacked. There'd be almost no chance to see them on the coast line near the beach.

Great white and tiger would be aggressive and everywhere....with the tigersharks more apt to be near the beaches. That'd be excellent.

3 hours ago, Hattrix said:

ARK has the meg, so why can't the devs add a great white type shark along with the hammerhead?

Seems pretty easy.

1. Take ARK megalodon model

2. Scale it down to slightly larger than the hammerhead

3. Add the new shark to the game as a chance to spawn 

OK .. I know there's more to animation and motion and damage for bites, and death model and .. .. ect    but please add another shark type!

To be honest, a tiger shark would be a better option than the great white. It's just as dangerous to humans and is probably more unpredictable.

Ooooh .. I just thought of something cool ... If you kill a tigershark and chop it up with the hatchet (not the pick) you get a random chance at getting a license plate along with the meat  LOL ... but instead of it being called a license plate, it'd be called "odd metal plate" because there aren't cars in the game so the people finding it wouldn't have a clue as to what it really was. That'd be a neat little nod to the movie Jaws.

So here’s the weird thing: you said tiger shark better option than great white because more dangerous to humans.

With you so far.

You said chance to get license plate when looting them, still with you because tiger sharks will eat anything. Some folks are like to yell at you about breaking their “immersion”, but I’m not one of them (Seriously the more I hear some people go on about breaking their immersion, the more it sounds like they’re putting themselves in a trance that makes them think the game world is reality)

Then you flubbed the landing by saying it would be a neat nod to Jaws. 

The shark in Jaws is a great white.

7 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Then you flubbed the landing by saying it would be a neat nod to Jaws. 

The shark in Jaws is a great white.

Oh, my dear friend, I did not flub, but I see why you think that I did.

The scene is where Brody and Hooper are cutting open a shark that everyone thinks killed the Kitner boy. 

Hooper reaches into it to see what it recently ate. He pulls out a fish head and then a license plate. 

Brody asks if it ate a car to which Hooper says something like tigersharks eat just about anything.

Check it out on YouTube. 

https://youtu.be/Gfx2aTiPxZs

Edited by Hattrix

bullshark while were at it, it also beats all others in viciousness irl... 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Hattrix said:

Oh, my dear friend, I did not flub, but I see why you think that I did.

The scene is where Brody and Hooper are cutting open a shark that everyone thinks killed the Kitner boy. 

Hooper reaches into it to see what it recently ate. He pulls out a fish head and then a license plate. 

Brody asks if it ate a cat to which Hooper says something like tigersharks eat just about anything.

Check it out on YouTube. 

https://youtu.be/Gfx2aTiPxZs

ah yes, now I see more clearly what you were getting at. Ty and my apologies for not getting it the first time around. As a side note, this thread made me consider something about Jaws that I never considered before: namely that the most implasible part of the story might be that there were two different kinds of sharks both hunting in an area they had never been seen before, and which for one of them is not part of it's normal areas of habitation. 

• Like 1