Sign in to follow this  
Congo

PVP idea (fix to pop issue)

Here's a couple ideas.

Limit alliances to 5 companies...

Company MAX size 15-20

QOL balances based on these things.

I feel like this could bring alot of companies back. Sure Megas will exploit this to have a total of 75-100 people but thats a hell of a lot more manageable especially if you have the allies to play with. The game needs to feel pirate based, not faction based as it is right now. Almost all of the Chinese companies at this point have allied up while NA companies refuse to. And as such they are currently running a Muck on the servers. If this stuff isn't corrected the entire game will quit in the next two months. I'm 1600 hours in and remember the best days, which ironically where when the game was almost unplayable. But the difference was the population was there.

Mega's quit the game because small companies left. There wasn't anything left to do. Who wants to go to war with another mega and sit in a 2fps power-point presentation. Small groups are what made this game, and the only chance for it to make a come back.

Ally company limit is 5 now i think.

Mega's quit the game because small companies left

I have wrote it couple of times, smaller companies were forgotten by devs . The quiestion is, qhy smaller companies quit game, we all know why. Its cause of unfair PvP ballance. Big companies can defend their land by having a lot of NPC and online ppl. Smaller can have only a lot of NPC. And NPC can be easly killed with 1 bear and canon. So they were wiped out easly, smaller companies were building for days, weeks, months their defence to have some chance against bigger companies, and they have lost evrything in 1/2 hours. I think its unfair, whats the point than of trying to protect your island if 1 bear and cannon or flamethrower can wipe your defence so easly.

Thanks, yeah the small companies need a change like this, or they need a little Freeport storage, some advantage for upkeep, and maybe something like hard limits like this. 

If you can get the system to reward small companies more, the low company limit may not be needed, but with how it is currently this would probably be a great change. 

9 hours ago, Cascco said:

Ally company limit is 5 now i think.

Ally company limit is 5x5 = 25 right now. Way too much

So an alliance of small two men companies has ten people and more when the big bad mega with 15-20 people shows up to wipe them all...

Ever heard of strenght in numbers? High alliance numbers are good for the small guys to protect them against the big fish... right now the small one are limited and easy targets...

Also you are not able to stop huge groups organising outside of the game... the megas and alliance will always be as big as they want, while the small guys get limited by your ideas...

Changes nothing, just makes it worst...

You cant stop them from organizing no, but you can setup, storage that's unraidable but limited, you can remove combat timer, and you could change upkeep cost for small companies to be less(it would go up according to the biggest settler on the island so no exploit.).  Small companies at least need a way to make it. 

Would bring players and groups back. The playerbase has died down to pretty much just large companies, that means quite a few players that left were wanting smaller groups to play with, unfortunately that's not a valid playstyle with how the game is now.