Drynin629

Blackwood Map, NO FISH!

Hey Devs, you might want to recook the map a bit.  At the starting area, there are ZERO fish in the sea.  Turtles, check, lots of dead elephants in the water, check...but zero fish to kill at all.....kinda important as a source of vitamin D.

one of the islands u cant even sail a boat away from the beach , a huge swathe of area is too shallow had to swim about for ages to find a deep enough area that was at least 200 meters out , great map 😕  sotd not attacking or chasing , might not have sailed enough yet no flotsams , no wrecks , 

Edited by UDO

border of the grid stops well short of what is shown on the map , sotd spawning stuck behind the barriers ,is this because the barrier doesnt extend to map edge  and therefore leaves too much space for them to spawn and then being a single grid they have noone where to go , random trees floating above the ocean ,  still no flotsams ,or wrecks 

Edited by UDO

Any further info on this topic?  We've been running a dedi for 3 days now and are living off the few small catfish that spawn in the swamp on Freeport.  We've checked the entire Western edge of the island and there are no fish nor mantas in the ocean anywhere.  We are not at a point yet where we can get a ship and sail out to other islands to look for fish.

This is a significant issue since until one advances into cooking fish is the only source of vitamin D besides milk, and expecting everyone to tame a cow and take the needed skill to craft a bucket before the deficiency becomes a problem is a bit of a stretch.

It's something we are looking into. Blackwood is pretty large, we had to make some technical changes to support the size of the map and this might be the reason we're not seeing as many spawns, not just due to the amount of space available but some tech reasons. If you're running on a non-dedi, you may have to wait a while in certain areas for all the spawners to appear (i.e fresh water sources around land masses). 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

It's something we are looking into. Blackwood is pretty large, we had to make some technical changes to support the size of the map and this might be the reason we're not seeing as many spawns, not just due to the amount of space available but some tech reasons. If you're running on a non-dedi, you may have to wait a while in certain areas for all the spawners to appear (i.e fresh water sources around land masses). 

I'm seeing no fish on single player along coastal beaches after at least an hour or two of total gameplay if not a bit more.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

We have had a few catfish spawn in the swamps on Freeport and they are sustaining the 4 of us for now. Nothing at all in the ocean around the island, dedi has been running for 2 days now.  Hopefully we'll get a sloop built tonight and can check out the shores around another island and will report back.

there is no fish in the ocean only around the meermaids city are a lot of sharks and some gold fishs 

Edited by satyrus

36 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Give a man a fish..

Hide a mans fish...

Never-mind cant find that one, tofu anyone? 😁

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night.

Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

3 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.

True but hide a mans fish and the Google images are disturbing 🎣

Just now, Nutcutt3r said:

True but hide a mans fish and the Google images are disturbing 🎣

I h8 u rite nao.

*tries to use sandpaper to get the images out of his brain.*

rite nao, sew much h8

OK SOO THEIRS NO FISH IN THE ENTIRETY OF BLACKWOOD MAP APART FROM CATFISH IN PONDS BUT WORSE IS THE BEDS NOT SHOWING ON MAP OR THE BOATS SOO BASICALLY IF YOU DIE YOU HAVE TO EITHER MAKE ANOTHER BOAT TO GO TO YOUR ISLAND OR YOU QUIT PLAYING

1 hour ago, silentzoner said:

OK SOO THEIRS NO FISH IN THE ENTIRETY OF BLACKWOOD MAP APART FROM CATFISH IN PONDS BUT WORSE IS THE BEDS NOT SHOWING ON MAP OR THE BOATS SOO BASICALLY IF YOU DIE YOU HAVE TO EITHER MAKE ANOTHER BOAT TO GO TO YOUR ISLAND OR YOU QUIT PLAYING

A) Why are you shouting?

B) Punctuation is your friend and helps others follow what you're saying. 

Though, there is lot of fishes, depends on area.
Wait before they spawn before "THERE IS NO FISH AT ALL"
Same as shark and shipwreak

Even is there is definitly a bug as Jat explained
There is definitly fishes/shark/manta on the map

On the island i'm on at the moment there is no fish at all,I've fished for ages and nothing.Not even the bubbling sound you get when they are near. But there were tuna in a pond at the blackwood freeport, and now the islands are close it's easy to get to.

Yeah, I hope they find a way to get more fish to spawn, with out an over spawned server load 😛  it is a task on starter areas, and since there are many that have no or very few fish.. its rough.  I will try fishing net 🙂  Nope island has many many fish.. and mermaids and sharks and crabs  to go along with them  fish. lol.

Has there been any update to this issue? Played on server this weekend and found the sharks floating in the GA area (around the mythical island) along with crabs and mermaids. 100's of them. Trying a wild dino wipe but wasn't sure on official word. Can't find much current on Blackwood. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Beautiful game guys, keep up the good work. 

Old thread, I know, but this doesn't seem to have changed. I've hosted a Blackwood serve for about 2 days now, and it's a great map for a dedicated server, but the lack of fish is absolutely my biggest disappointment. It isn't the lack of vitamin F, as such, I know I can go to freshwater lakes for that. It's the lack of risk in the sea. *All* kinds of fish are missing or low spawn. If a heatwave strikes, I can stop the boat and jump into the water with perfect safety. Another player is deep sea diving with really no risk. The game is all about risk, and having a large risk-free space is like a natural exploit.

On 7/30/2019 at 2:29 PM, Jat said:

It isn't players killing respawn. They're just not there, at least at the latitude of the freeport.

I too am having difficulties finding fish on the Blackwood map.... I waited so long to get this game, took days to DL on my slow internet. My god I am disappointed.