Sign in to follow this  
Talono

In which direction should the devs develop their next patches ?

In which direction should the devs develop their next patches ?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What shall be the devs focus for the next patches ?

• Cats, strange pets only for megatribes, new caves only for megatibes
    • New ships, ship classes, ship mechanics and ship components
    • New building materials, building components and building mechanics
    • New weapons, weapon mechanics, ammo types
    • Anti-cheat development, measurements against exploiters

4 hours ago, Jatheish said:

Just their existence, it isn't an unsolvable problem, it'll just take some time. 

How much memory does a ship skeleton being added that used, say, medium ship parts be compared to the 2 SotD types added and the turtle?

12 minutes ago, 6Xero9 said:

How much memory does a ship skeleton being added that used, say, medium ship parts be compared to the 2 SotD types added and the turtle?

that was, in all fairness, about what I thought, but the man said it will take some time. Do you think given how many people have asked for new ships types during Atlas' not exactly stellar first six months that if they could whip those up right quick they wouldn't have already done so? At this point I can't see any good reason Jat would have to lie about such a thing or drag their feet, so it must be one of those things that's true but hard to explain to laymen. The important thing is they're coming at some point.

4 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

The important thing is they're coming at some point.

I guess my issue really stems from the fact I've played a game that focused on console limitations that limited what was in the PC release before, and that game didn't turn out that well... (See X:Rebirth for an example of this.)

Just now, 6Xero9 said:

I guess my issue really stems from the fact I've played a game that focused on console limitations that limited what was in the PC release before, and that game didn't turn out that well... (See X:Rebirth for an example of this.)

ahhhhh. I hadn't considered it from that pov since I don't play console. I guess all we can do is hope it turns out better than the game you're referring to.  If it doesn't I've got Satisfactory, Civ 6 and maybe going back to Ark and trying out Valguero as backup options.

1 hour ago, 6Xero9 said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be able to say - I am not technical enough - but I do know creatures are rather negligible in comparison. Though some good(ish?) news is that we did have a bit of a discussion about it today and there are some technical things the team are going to look into in the future, hopefully, we'll be able to share more on that later on 🙂. We know how much ya guys do want it though, it's not fallen on deaf ears! 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Jatheish said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be able to say - I am not technical enough - but I do know creatures are rather negligible in comparison. Though some good(ish?) news is that we did have a bit of a discussion about it today and there are some technical things the team are going to look into in the future, hopefully, we'll be able to share more on that later on 🙂. We know how much ya guys do want it though, it's not fallen on deaf ears! 

I am guessing the amount of parts used in a ship also adversely affects memory? I have played Empyrion on several private servers. In that game you build every vehicle out of blocks. You can go crazy on on designs and customization but the more blocks added the more memory would get affected, especially when everyone built huge ships. My average designs would take up anywhere from 6000 to 12000 blocks. Have many people doing that and it adds up. So the server owners were constantly increasing restrictions on the max number of blocks allowed per vehicle or structure.

37 minutes ago, Wolff said:

I am guessing the amount of parts used in a ship also adversely affects memory? I have played Empyrion on several private servers. In that game you build every vehicle out of blocks. You can go crazy on on designs and customization but the more blocks added the more memory would get affected, especially when everyone built huge ships. My average designs would take up anywhere from 6000 to 12000 blocks. Have many people doing that and it adds up. So the server owners were constantly increasing restrictions on the max number of blocks allowed per vehicle or structure.

Hell yeah empyrion. We had to park most of our ships in space. Otherwise some of our company had huge problems with loading the structures.

Fix the bugs the map not showing proper position of boats and beds not showing in game is making game unplayable IT NEEDS FIXED before you bring any more new content out

why is there no chooseable option for having more weight on ships? 😮

i mean because of the low shipweights there is no real option to become a seanomade. even 30k weight on a galleon is like nothing. i need 6 cargos to store my stuff but it slows me for 60%, thats somehow bad.

at all its a game based on sailing ships and explore the sea but you cant be a real seanomade / pirate who hates touching land. 😕

6 hours ago, Shokk said:

why is there no chooseable option for having more weight on ships? 😮

i mean because of the low shipweights there is no real option to become a seanomade. even 30k weight on a galleon is like nothing. i need 6 cargos to store my stuff but it slows me for 60%, thats somehow bad.

at all its a game based on sailing ships and explore the sea but you cant be a real seanomade / pirate who hates touching land. 😕

Beyond the cargo racks there are 2chooseable options for increasing weight:

1. Weight sails

2. Leveling weight capacity on the ship as it levels.

yap i know about that, i got 4 weight sails and +6000 weight from leveling the boat. but its still not enought for a life on the ocean. you also have to defend yourself so i skilled some points in damage & resistence while having 14 cannons on my ship.

1 hour ago, Shokk said:

yap i know about that, i got 4 weight sails and +6000 weight from leveling the boat. but its still not enought for a life on the ocean. you also have to defend yourself so i skilled some points in damage & resistence while having 14 cannons on my ship.

Then your post should have been worded differently because the wording you chose directly implied you didn’t.  30k weight is more than sufficient for a life on the ocean, what it doesn’t let you do is bring an entire zoo with you or carry large quantities of heavy mats around for crafting higher end gear. There is more than enough weight options to put all crafting stations, a fair amount of mats, a reasonable number of cannons and ammo for them, and a compliment of gathering tames. What you can’t do is bring Noah’s Ark with you or everything you need to craft up legendary cannons.

This is called built in trade off choices. If the devs made it so anyone could easily live on a ship with  no reason to claim land, then the majority of players would do that instead. You might prefer it, but it’s clearly not the intended design choice of this development team given how much work they have put into the claim system.

i see you like to play the game in a different way than me, with building a base and enjoying the claim system.

but why not to higher the shipweight and give the players the freedome of choice how they want to play.

so everyone could decide on his own. to play as a seanomade or by building a base on land, just adding some more weight on the ships wouldnt hurt anyone at all

btw i just got 4 animals with me + my monkey 😉

13 minutes ago, Shokk said:

i see you like to play the game in a different way than me, with building a base and enjoying the claim system.

but why not to higher the shipweight and give the players the freedome of choice how they want to play.

so everyone could decide on his own. to play as a seanomade or by building a base on land, just adding some more weight on the ships wouldnt hurt anyone at all

btw i just got 4 animals with me + my monkey 😉

You do have that freedom, as my post pointed out, galleons are perfectly capable of supporting the nomadic lifestyle. Nomads just don’t get to take everything with them. The reason I know this is because I’ve done it.😉

What you’re asking for isn’t the freedom to choose so much as it is to have your cake and eat it too. Choices involve opportunity costs. The opportunity cost of the increased mobility of a mobile base is not as much practical weight capacity as a land base.

Edited by boomervoncannon

13 hours ago, Shokk said:

just adding some more weight on the ships wouldnt hurt anyone at all

So use the cargo racks?