Sign in to follow this  
Dollie

Blackwood - A new twisted adventure and ATLAS Sale!

:anchor: blackwood has arrived! :anchor:

It's here! Blackwood is now Live and ready for intrepid pathfinders to jump into!

Today’s free DLC update for the ATLAS delivers the long-awaited map Blackwood! Prepare for a dark twist on the Equatorial biome with dark jungles, caves, alcoves, villages, homes, farms, and an interesting array of animals. Wade through thick green waters teeming with dangerous creatures, rare plant life, and the occasional Gorgon to find buried treasure, sunken ships, explore the Mermaid City and experience a new spin on fighting the Hydra and Dragon with transient spawn locations.

The Blackwood map was created by Iso, the level designer behind ARK: Survival Evolved’s popular mod-map Crystal Isles. Blackwood was designed to be used for single servers an example of a stunning mod map that can be hosted unofficially. This specific map will be set up so that it still enables all the mechanics that ATLAS has to offer, whilst hosting it as a standalone server with no database setup required! Blackwood will support the importing and exporting of characters and their inventories (an optional setting for the host), so you can keep your progress and dive right in to explore this beautiful map!

Blackwood is free for anyone who already owns ATLAS. It is available for play in Singleplayer mode, Non-Dedicated Server mode, and on Unofficial Servers that opt to host the map.

Note: Due to an unknown time restriction Valve has put in place in regards to DLC uploads, Blackwood will unfortunately not be an optional download for this weekend only. We'll rectify this come Monday. 

Blackwood includes:

• The full ATLAS experience (including all your favorite features and mechanics) merged into a single 1x1 server grid.
  • 7 unique biomes across 11 islands, from hazy bogs teeming with life to mysterious jungles full of danger and toil.
  • Resource-rich islands complete with every material from the core game.
  • New cities and outlying areas ideal for roleplaying and server events.
  • A beautiful mermaid city ripe for exploration.
  • A new boss arena featuring unpredictable enemy types and spawn locations.
  • The Forbidden Reach: a hard mode island featuring elemental beings.
  • Other iconic ATLAS content, such as Army of the Damned mobs, all 9 Power Stone locations, the Fountain of Youth, your favorite tameable creatures, and much more...

We'll also be releasing an update later this weekend to the ATLAS DevKit, which will contain the source files for Blackwood as an example of a single mod map!

:skull:

Haven’t yet ventured onto the high seas? ATLAS is currently on sale for 67% off on Steam July 26 - August 2!

large.ATLAS_Blackwood_1.jpg

:wheel:

Happy Sailing,

Grapeshot Games

:skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information :skull:

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Navigate ye olde Subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

Who - requested - Blackwood ?

OMG, please sent your devs into new ships. And new ideas.

PIRATE ideas ! No cats, offline biomes and stuff.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Talono said:

The map was made by a modder (Iso) so it's not exactly something the devs worked on. 

15 minutes ago, Talono said:

Edited by draegen
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, draegen said:

The map was made by a modder (Iso) so it's not exactly something the devs worked on. 

they have still used resources we paid for to add it , more single player content why ? 

@devs how about working on the game you sold us .. u know the giant online  MMO world ? 

Edited by UDO
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, UDO said:

they have still used resources we paid for to add it , more single player content why ? 

@devs how about working on the game you sold us .. u know the giant online  MMO world ? 

You mean that game where we can build mega cities, docks and animalpens? Where picking up a wall looks like... erm, well a picked up wall instead of 160 walls gone bye bye? With all these awesome shipbuilds other then those wich are still here since the beginning? And how about that awesome skin for our "Dedicated hard work, feedback and bugreports" ? Where treasuremaps don't keep bugging out? 

HO, STOP. WE WANT CATS!?!11

Nvm the above.

WE WANT CATS!!1!

• Haha 4

OMG, you are seeing the MMO game dying and you waste time making a standalone server with a DLC map. If at least this server where included in the ATLAS MMO megaserver, it would be nice... but splitting more the player base whilst in MMO the player base is still decreasing under 1500 people day by day is NOT THE CORRECT DIRECTION. Next Step: decrease the game price to 3 dollars, which is its real value today as you are murdering the game with every decision you make. 

Please, FIX BUGS, IMPROVE PERFORMANCE, ADD NEW CONTENT TO MMO, IMPROVE FURTHER THE RULESET FOR SMALL CLANS AND SOLO PLAYERS   AS YOU PROMISED. WORK, WORK AND WORK.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Talono said:

Like other players, i was wating for this. Blackwood will be perfect for my own server.

So... Speak for yourself.

I want new stuff too, but Blackwood will be the start point for the map modders with the release of the DEVKIT.

• Like 5

Thanks, simply great and long awaited.

Aside from the criticism it's probably impossible to please everyone. I assume that you'll get your suitable content.

Okay the game has issues in the current EA phase, but dying isn't so easy.

(this isn't  my native language) 

Edited by Terra Incocnita

im so dissapointed ffs. the game is dead orignal servers are dead 1/2 ppl in the grids but heey lets bring out more SP content in a MMO game. way the go! 

27 minutes ago, IDontKnow said:

im so dissapointed ffs. the game is dead orignal servers are dead 1/2 ppl in the grids but heey lets bring out more SP content in a MMO game. way the go! 

Your brain is dead aswell 😞 Blackwood was anouced long before singelplayer and istargeted for private servers.

• Like 1

i do know that it was annouced already for p servers. but this is an mmo why would their main focus be on p servers/SP doesnt make sense to me. why did we even had a ptr ? i think they should focus on their Original servers and not player dedicated/sp or p servers

Edited by IDontKnow
  • Like 1

Any instructions on how to host a dedicated server on Blackwood? I mean, more than the instrucions on patchnotes.. only that dont work, or at least im not getting to work.. thx in advance.

exellente map, although some islands are quite simple and too original. It will also be necessary to modify a large scale to deploy at different places on the islands because we can see that they are exactly similar to all the others, a little irigularity will make the difference, a lot of tree trunk and rock are also much higher in relation to the ground which spoils a can see even if I think that a fix will surely be present in not long;)

I repeat, a very beautiful map! (sorry for the bad trad ==> FRENCH POWER!)

1564236750-834910-screenshots-2019072715

umm ever since talk of single player it no work it used to but now errors i been waiting and got a 13gb update on my pos laptop not 1 for my desktop yet i waiting and the laptop had error

Also have the problem with the crash, as soon as I get into the menu crashes the game after 3 seconds and it appears a typical error message, I'm trying to repair the game on Steam but this will probably take some time.
This is the third time that Atlas is no longer playable after being patched :(
Before that, I never had this problem Oo

Edited by Piratensalat

first and for most I never post on forums, but reading the responses to this absolutely awesome DLC being offered I needed to comment.  The biggest comment I need to make is there are a lot of people who like to go out and be a pirate and build stuff and have fun on the seas and there is plenty of PVE content for this.  Those that like PVP well should have their own arena and the MMO was designed in such a way where PVP is rampant I know as I played on the live servers for a short stint but between what I saw and read about the way the other players abuse other players go beyond teams or regular PVP.  It appears to be more of  a domination game.  The small man will never have a chance.  Those of us who want to be able to thrive solo or in small groups would like to have an arena to do so not to just constantly be stamped down by the huge pirate gangs out there who want to show off the epene and never let anyone build to try to give them competition.  The reason the servers are so low is because the ones that are left are the ones who like that kind of environment, which is about 20% of the gaming population.  So either take what you have sown and use it or find a better way to play and let people actually develop to give you some competition or play something else. I for one like that my small community of players can play the game as intended and enjoy the content and learn the play and make some permanency without it constantly being destroyed or taken,  the game in and of itself is very fun and a great environment, without people constantly trying to harass you to fulfill some latently hostility dump.  Take care and thanks to the development team who came up with this!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaeren said:

first and for most I never post on forums, but reading the responses to this absolutely awesome DLC being offered I needed to comment.  The biggest comment I need to make is there are a lot of people who like to go out and be a pirate and build stuff and have fun on the seas and there is plenty of PVE content for this.  Those that like PVP well should have their own arena and the MMO was designed in such a way where PVP is rampant I know as I played on the live servers for a short stint but between what I saw and read about the way the other players abuse other players go beyond teams or regular PVP.  It appears to be more of  a domination game.  The small man will never have a chance.  Those of us who want to be able to thrive solo or in small groups would like to have an arena to do so not to just constantly be stamped down by the huge pirate gangs out there who want to show off the epene and never let anyone build to try to give them competition.  The reason the servers are so low is because the ones that are left are the ones who like that kind of environment, which is about 20% of the gaming population.  So either take what you have sown and use it or find a better way to play and let people actually develop to give you some competition or play something else. I for one like that my small community of players can play the game as intended and enjoy the content and learn the play and make some permanency without it constantly being destroyed or taken,  the game in and of itself is very fun and a great environment, without people constantly trying to harass you to fulfill some latently hostility dump.  Take care and thanks to the development team who came up with this!

WoW!!! Very well said could not have worded it better myself but like all games MOST PVPers are just bullies and greifers that look for exploits such as stacking cannons on the front of the ship completely outside the intention of the game. Funny the same people will whine about immersion. That part of the community will likely not change. Atleast the game is changing though to be more for the PVE and solo/small group gameplay. Unlike what your big gangs will tell you that the game is not meant to be that. As per this teams rep they are adding in things that were never planned. Yes SP never planned or it would not have been marketed as a MMO

Good addition but... needs work. The Freeport, Tundra, and Desert islands are the only ones you can build on. The Equator and Woodlands islands do not allow you to place structures where you normally should be able to. Also the mermaids need to be scaled back... one or two here and there is fine but walking on land and having 15 mermaids chain pull you into the water... a bit frustrating. The big issue is not being able to place structures on the majority of the islands.

On 7/27/2019 at 1:44 PM, jaeren said:

The points mad here are very true.  I quit playing the Official server because of all of the people taking advantage of the games issues and not letting players have a bit of land.

I moved to private servers where rules can be made and followed and we have a blast with atlas.

This is early release and it has been moving along and changes being bade to better the game play.

Hats off Dev's - keep going you have loyal followers that love the game and see the possibilities for the future.  

Edited by JustShootMe

When I log into a private server on the Blackwood map, no land ever appears, all I see are floating animals on where land should be