Sign in to follow this  
Dosgimp

Hey DEV's where you at?

Top Gun: Talk to me goose..     give us something,, Where you at? whatcha doing? what you working on?     Communication  is key!     And dont give us those scripted response either..  Hey Jat..  Whats going on? What are you working on?  

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Dosgimp said:

Top Gun: Talk to me goose..     give us something,, Where you at? whatcha doing? what you working on?     Communication  is key!     And dont give us those scripted response either..  Hey Jat..  Whats going on? What are you working on?  

Quick clue in. This is crunch time for them.  One tweet said the end of the week. The other said Friday. “Friday” is always going to be a mistake because it is a specific date. I am not sure why they do that because “end of the week” is more flexible because depending on what kind of work calendar you are on the end of the week could be different days.

this is one area I really hoped they would have at least tried to impove at but they haven’t.

i even offered to be their PR person but I haven’t heard back from them yet. A lot of people laugh at that on twitter which is pretty amusing but I am also pretty serious about it as well. Employing me to at least be the Twitter and forum PR guy would single handedly get rid of their biggest critic. That right there is already a huge win. Not just that, but it would calm all of you down because I would no longer be able give my own opinion(most people love that one). 

Being a player myself(ark) I am very familiar with all of the timelines and would easily be able to come up with a well spinned announcement that could make the players happy and save the company face.

bottom line is they are at defcon 1 and trying to get it out before midnight because they said Friday. Really hoping they learn soon. So much un needed stress.

Okay great @Realist.     Thank you my good man..  However the point of the post. was to hold the dev''s at gunpoint "so to speak"    and Give us something, anything.. less then 2K players on all 4 servers at this hour..  We wanna help.  But help us.. Help you.

Edited by Dosgimp

1 minute ago, Dosgimp said:

Okay great @Realist.     Thank you my good man..  However the point of the post. was to hold the dev''s at gunpoint "so to speak"    and Give us something, anything less then 2K a this hour..  We wanna help.  But help us.. Help you.

I do my due diligence on Twitter man. I don’t let up on them. Most people on here don’t have twitter and some don’t understand the workings of this company. I was merely helping to give some understanding to some of these guys.

i don’t excuse their behavior in the slightest. I do know they are running around like chickens with their heads cut off right now though. They are too busy to tweet/forum/whatever because they are rushing themselves.

yet another reason why I say they need to stop doing this. I am helping whether you can see it or not.

I write some suggestion, ask about precise questions and still see no one reply.

I dont know why i still waiting about it

3 hours ago, Dosgimp said:

..  Whats going on? What are you working on?  

releasing iso blackwood for you to play single player ,in an mmo 😛 

• Haha 1

Yes it feels like we are being forced to play Atlas in Single Player.     A shame really.

Edited by Dosgimp

3 hours ago, Dosgimp said:

Yes it feels like we are being forced to play Atlas in Single Player.     A shame really.

Not forced, per se, but there's nothing to be gained from playing on Official servers because player activity is negligible.  In effect you ARE playing single-player.  Actual single-player is great because of the mods available for the game, at least for me.

34 minutes ago, Coggage said:

Not forced, per se, but there's nothing to be gained from playing on Official servers because player activity is negligible.  In effect you ARE playing single-player.  Actual single-player is great because of the mods available for the game, at least for me.

You can also take a break without fear of ridiculous decay timers too. I've thought about going over to single player, but may be too late as my interest has plummeted.

Sorry I cant do it,  I would be tempted to cheat, admin command whatever I want.  Offical servers take that option,  so it allows you to have the feeling of progression.  

• Like 2

So yet another thread started by someone that is more entitled to know exactly how GS is running their company? So instead of working on the game they should be updated the king what was his name......he is so important I forgot what his name was.

When they WANT you to know something you will know it. Until then sit in your chair and rotate if you have no interest in playing the content you already have. Where do you think you have any expectation to know everything that is going on? Because you bought their game? That gives you 0 power/rights/entitlement or anything else. Gives you not even a guarentee of a game that will be completed!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dosgimp said:

Im going to keep my cool.  and let  @boomervoncannon answer this for me.   He knows me well enough

*looks up from the bushes outside Olivia Munn's house, cheeto dust on his face*

Ididn'tdoitnobodysawmedoityoucan'tproveanything

Okay since it's Saturday night, I'm gonna  try to keep this short and to the point.

Dos, Realist is right, this was just crunch time for the dev team as they were getting blackwood out. It's pretty typical for communication from developers to be pretty minimal during crunch time, even development teams that do a far better job than GrapeCard at communicating with their playerbase, so for the moment just hang tight and cut them some slack. They aren't great at communicating, lord knows, but right when a big patch is about to hit is a time when you'd expect that anyway.

Dawg, while your core point is essentially sound in that players are not owed information and communication by developers, there are two things you should maybe have considered before posting your diatribe at Dos:

A) When the boat is sinking, you better bail water. Atlas isn't sunk, but it's definitely sprung a leak based on activity trends. Bailing water in those circumstances amounts to doing everything you possibly can to retain the players you do have, so that you have something to build on going forward. Gonna be kind of hard to do any development without guinea pigs to do your testing. The most low hanging fruit of retaining players in a declining scenario is to communicate with the players you do have. Yes they are busy, yes it was just crunch time, I know I just said that. The flip side of that coin is that it doesn't take long to write a post keeping your players in the loop. Anyone who writes code for a living types fast. It's just a matter of taking a few minutes to share what's going on with your playerbase, so they feel like part of the process, as opposed to peasants the king is yelling at who should feel grateful for the gruel he allows them to have.  They aren't, they are paying customers. You know what's an argument that NEVER wins? "You'll be lucky if we actually produce a finished game for you to play, so shut up and eat your gruel." That's essentially what you put forward at the end.

B) Dosgimp isn't some entitled, ADD, gimmie gimmie gimmie nownownow immature whiner. You know how I know that that you could have figured out too? Because he's still here. That type was here, but would never in a million years have the patience to stick with Atlas through to this point. They and their kind are long gone. Everyone that remains, for good or for ill, is someone more seriously invested in Atlas's long term success, rather than just demanding new content weekly with palm outstretched. Even Realist. So I understand where your frustration is coming from, cause I've seen that type, and they're annoying. The silver lining of a situation like this one is you don't have to put up with them.  You just have to put up with me.

Now go away and let me eat my cheetos in peace. She might come to the window tonite and if I miss it cause of you lot, well, then, uhhh, expect to receive a strongly worded letter.

Yeah you two need to get off your thrones down below and come up to reality. Thinking that you are owed anything from a game developer of any level AAA or Indie is outright arrogant. Their job is simple to build the game not to hold your hand daily and keep you informed. There is more than enough information put out there when they have it to put out there. Seems some people want said info dropped in their lap daily and that will not happen. Also when they give too much info or ETAs they get blasted from all sides because ignorant people do not comprehend the meaning of ETA.

It amazes me that people buy into Early Access games from small companies and expect more than they get from AAA companies. Do you think that These larger companies like Rockstar are going to hold your hand with daily updates? Of course not they have too much to do. End of the day you people are trying to dictate how a company is run and you have no rights at all. Infact the FACT is if GS decided tomorrow that they are walking away from Atlas you have NOTHING you can do no matter where you are in the world. You agreed when you bought into the project that there are risk. Still some think they would be special because of where they are. I find that to be a joke too. I always thought that the US was full of the biggest ignorant idiots in the world but slowly the Net has helped me learn that we may have the smallest population.

Also to sit there and tell people to kiss your A#$ should have been an outright permanate ban for disrespect. Some of the other comments should also earn that. You people are NOTHING to GS and you need to come to terms with that. Atlas will succeed whether you agree with how they do things or not. People tried to take down Ark too and FAILED horribly. Today that game is still very popular.

Some day we will rid a good % of the world of their ignorants and maybe some of the arrogance. Until then there will always be guys like me to slap you back down when you start thinking that you are something in such a big ocean. You are not even a minow in the ocean when you act like an arrogant Donkey!!!!!

14 minutes ago, Dawg711 said:

You people are NOTHING to GS

I disagree. We are EVERYTHING to GS, because without us (players in general )there would be no players.

Unless of course you are using the "you people" as a personal attack towards specific individuals, which as you mentioned yourself, means you should be outright perma banned for disrespect.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dawg711 said:

Yeah you two need to get off your thrones down below and come up to reality. Thinking that you are owed anything from a game developer of any level AAA or Indie is outright arrogant. Their job is simple to build the game not to hold your hand daily and keep you informed. There is more than enough information put out there when they have it to put out there. Seems some people want said info dropped in their lap daily and that will not happen. Also when they give too much info or ETAs they get blasted from all sides because ignorant people do not comprehend the meaning of ETA.

It amazes me that people buy into Early Access games from small companies and expect more than they get from AAA companies. Do you think that These larger companies like Rockstar are going to hold your hand with daily updates? Of course not they have too much to do. End of the day you people are trying to dictate how a company is run and you have no rights at all. Infact the FACT is if GS decided tomorrow that they are walking away from Atlas you have NOTHING you can do no matter where you are in the world. You agreed when you bought into the project that there are risk. Still some think they would be special because of where they are. I find that to be a joke too. I always thought that the US was full of the biggest ignorant idiots in the world but slowly the Net has helped me learn that we may have the smallest population.

Also to sit there and tell people to kiss your A#$ should have been an outright permanate ban for disrespect. Some of the other comments should also earn that. You people are NOTHING to GS and you need to come to terms with that. Atlas will succeed whether you agree with how they do things or not. People tried to take down Ark too and FAILED horribly. Today that game is still very popular.

Some day we will rid a good % of the world of their ignorants and maybe some of the arrogance. Until then there will always be guys like me to slap you back down when you start thinking that you are something in such a big ocean. You are not even a minow in the ocean when you act like an arrogant Donkey!!!!!

I think the entire tone of both your posts here make it perfectly clear who is being arrogant and disrespectful. You’re not engaging in discourse, you’re just hurling bile. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/27/2019 at 8:53 AM, UDO said:

releasing iso blackwood for you to play single player ,in an mmo 😛 

Like singleplayer mode in ARK.

Blackwook isnt only for singleplayer. Its a good map for small dedicated servers.

Not everyone wants to play on the official server, be a slave or get detroyed by a huge company.

12 hours ago, Drako said:

Like singleplayer mode in ARK.

Blackwook isnt only for singleplayer. Its a good map for small dedicated servers.

Not everyone wants to play on the official server, be a slave or get detroyed by a huge company.

Thing is they don't even need to be a huge company to destroy you.  A handful of trolls with too much time on their hands can get a cannon bear and several dozen grenades and blow holes in your base in no time.  Even easier for them to sink all your ships.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Slash78 said:

Thing is they don't even need to be a huge company to destroy you.  A handful of trolls with too much time on their hands can get a cannon bear and several dozen grenades and blow holes in your base in no time.  Even easier for them to sink all your ships.

That is more true than that guy even realizes.

this points to probably the absolute biggest problem with ark and atlas.... offline raiding. This was literally the most stupid concept I have ever heard of. In fact it is the reason I hate sand box games in the first place. 

The only thing a sand box game means is that is if someone is poorer than me they get to wipe me.

is that the point of sandbox games? So people can feel superior in a game? I mean come on. To be honest there shouldn’t even be a 4 hour window for raiding in my opinion. I am thinking 2 or 3.

i play a game to enjoy it, not just constantly rebuild. Here comes the “join a mega company” crap lol.

yeah go join and mega company like others do and see what happens. Oh wait we don’t have to see what happens, we are seeing it right now lol

#claimsystemisshit #factions

this game is pretty worthless with how it is right now.

Edited by Realist

2 hours ago, Realist said:

That is more true than that guy even realizes.

this points to probably the absolute biggest problem with ark and atlas.... offline raiding. This was literally the most stupid concept I have ever heard of. In fact it is the reason I hate sand box games in the first place. 

The only thing a sand box game means is that is if someone is poorer than me they get to wipe me.

is that the point of sandbox games? So people can feel superior in a game? I mean come on. To be honest there shouldn’t even be a 4 hour window for raiding in my opinion. I am thinking 2 or 3.

i play a game to enjoy it, not just constantly rebuild. Here comes the “join a mega company” crap lol.

yeah go join and mega company like others do and see what happens. Oh wait we don’t have to see what happens, we are seeing it right now lol

#claimsystemisshit #factions

this game is pretty worthless with how it is right now.

I am not sure why you have conflated sandbox and offline raiding. Dislike offline raiding all you want, I certainly do, but that has nothing to do with whether a game is sandbox or not. I know I have explained this to you in the past but sandbox means that play is self directed as opposed to following preconstructed paths. MMORPG’s are referred to as theme park if they consist of quest chains and progressive raids associated with things like level tiers the way WOW is. The term comes from the idea that these games are like a theme park full of rides you can go on, each ride is static. Sandbox in contrast means that content need not be experienced in any particular order, nor any predetermined path is laid out.

Ark and Atlas both happen to have offline raiding and are sandbox, this does not mean the two are connected in the way your use of the term implies. Based on your statements here, you don’t hate sandbox, you hate offline raiding. 

On 7/28/2019 at 6:17 AM, boomervoncannon said:

I think the entire tone of both your posts here make it perfectly clear who is being arrogant and disrespectful. You’re not engaging in discourse, you’re just hurling bile. 

Well you have that opinion and that is fine. See some people read things and immediately feel they are being personally attacked. In my opinion that means THEY do not have a strong understanding of the language being used. Now that said if anyone does not understand English well and uses translators that is not my problem. Forums are for opinions and that is what I give.

On 7/28/2019 at 5:57 AM, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I disagree. We are EVERYTHING to GS, because without us (players in general )there would be no players.

Unless of course you are using the "you people" as a personal attack towards specific individuals, which as you mentioned yourself, means you should be outright perma banned for disrespect.

Yet if that was true this game would be dead. Opening weekend over 21k in Negative reviews. That would bury some AAA tittles. Clearly there is enough money behind this game they do not need people to buy the game right now. So no they do NOT need the toxic waste that seems to enjoy buying games just to tear said game down. Same thing was tried with Ark. Review bombing was an embarrassment for that communtiy that they had to endure because Steam does not care. Still Ark remains a great game. Even more new content still coming out for the game. Some of the best money I ever spent. Like Ark though Atlas is not for anyone with a potato PC and that is where most of the big issues with either games are reported from. REQUIREMENTS are not a suggestion but again understanding of language is needed to know you MUST meet requirements. Does not matter what other AAA game from 5yrs ago you play.

Ignorance is a big part of the world and sadly the more you flush out the more pops up. This thread and responses to my comments show some of that. Sad really but still not my concern. So if you are now butthurt from my words..........oh well not my problem as I will still sleep at night. They are words and they can not hurt anyone, stop being a over sensitive 2yro and this will prevent being so hurt.

6 minutes ago, Dawg711 said:

Well you have that opinion and that is fine. See some people read things and immediately feel they are being personally attacked. In my opinion that means THEY do not have a strong understanding of the language being used. Now that said if anyone does not understand English well and uses translators that is not my problem. Forums are for opinions and that is what I give.

So these statements are just you giving your opinion and not personal attacks and anyone who doesn’t understand that doesn’t have a strong understanding of the language being used?

On 7/28/2019 at 6:39 AM, Dawg711 said:

Yeah you two need to get off your thrones down below and come up to reality. 

I always thought that the US was full of the biggest ignorant idiots in the world but slowly the Net has helped me learn that we may have the smallest population.

Also to sit there and tell people to kiss your A#$ should have been an outright permanate ban for disrespect. (Note: I never made any such comment, you conjured this out of thin air as a baseless ad hominem attack.)

Some day we will rid a good % of the world of their ignorants and maybe some of the arrogance.

You are not even a minow in the ocean when you act like an arrogant Donkey!!!!!

Try again. Those arent fair minded opinions offered to further meaningful discourse.  You’re just further discrediting yourself and disingenuously attempting to claim intellectual high ground you’re nowhere near, or is my command of language not strong enough to properly explain your transparent hypocrisy in using ad hominem attacks and then dissembling when called on it?

2 hours ago, Dawg711 said:

Yet if that was true this game would be dead. Opening weekend over 21k in Negative reviews. That would bury some AAA tittles.

21k negative reviews during opening weekend? Where you getting your information from?

The game has in total 23,597 reviews with approx 65% of those negative. So how was there 21k neg reviews during opening weekend?

2 hours ago, Dawg711 said:

Clearly there is enough money behind this game they do not need people to buy the game right now. So no they do NOT need the toxic waste that seems to enjoy buying games just to tear said game down. Same thing was tried with Ark. Review bombing was an embarrassment for that communtiy that they had to endure because Steam does not care.

Yeah there's money behind the game, but they still need people to play the game, that's the whole point of EA. If they wanted to develop the game their own way they wouldn't bother with EA. So i'll say again that the players mean everything to GS, and i'm pretty sure the devs themselves would not say otherwise. But seeing as you like referring to the toxic waste that buy these games then you include yourself in that because all you do is attack those that disagree with you, and that itself is toxic.