Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Slash78

Now that Colonies had failed, now what?

Recommended Posts

There's not getting around the fact that "Colonies" has failed.  So now what?  Where does the game go from here?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Slash78 said:

There's not getting around the fact that "Colonies" has failed.  So now what?  Where does the game go from here?

 

I keep saying this game needs moar Olivia Munn, but does anybody listen?  Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

 

Seriously I got nuthin. Which is a good thing since neither my paycheck nor yours depends on coughing up a better idea. 

*Looks at GrapeCard*

No pressure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

do away with the claim system, give everybody 1 claim flag with a small radius so there stuff is there in the morning but give it a four hour window to be raided. give us true colony servers with solo/duo/trio gameplay. lets face it people only wana play with there tight knit groups of friends. also have servers that have weekly/monthly wipes like in rust. do this on your xbox release and they will come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

I keep saying this game needs moar Olivia Munn, but does anybody listen?  Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

 

Seriously I got nuthin. Which is a good thing since neither my paycheck nor yours depends on coughing up a better idea. 

*Looks at GrapeCard*

No pressure.

I have a ton of ideas, but it's pointless to put them on here.

And for those who's paychecks do depend on it, not only is "Colonies" a failure, but Single Player and the Steam Summer Sale (Atlas 67% off) isn't bringing people back or new people in.  Player count is still down over 20% from June despite this.  July is a new low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Slash78 said:

There's not getting around the fact that "Colonies" has failed.  So now what?  Where does the game go from here?

 

Dude, factions.

3 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

I keep saying this game needs moar Olivia Munn, but does anybody listen?  Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

 

Seriously I got nuthin. Which is a good thing since neither my paycheck nor yours depends on coughing up a better idea. 

*Looks at GrapeCard*

No pressure.

Yeah but factions though.

2 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

do away with the claim system, give everybody 1 claim flag with a small radius so there stuff is there in the morning but give it a four hour window to be raided. give us true colony servers with solo/duo/trio gameplay. lets face it people only wana play with there tight knit groups of friends. also have servers that have weekly/monthly wipes like in rust. do this on your xbox release and they will come.

That doesn’t do away with the claim system though. The whole flag idea was stupid as well.

two options:

1. Ark build anywhere(no, I don’t care about spam or how ugly it looks)

2. Factions, plain and simple an easy choice. This would easily fix a lot of problems. Like a lot

it is either a sandbox build anywhere or it is a structured faction based mmo. They will NEVER succeed at what they are trying to do right now. Once again, never.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Realist said:

Yeah but factions though.

Yeah but factions weren’t my idea and I’m not going to pretend that they were. I hope Grapecard gives them a try because it seems like an idea that could have merit, but it would be a @#& move for me to mention them here as if they were my own idea, rather than leave them for you to bring up. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think what doesn't help is this black or white, 1 or 0, yes or no approach to playing with others.
You are either allied OR at war. Thats it!
You should at least be able to set someone or a group as neutral.
You should be able to create temporary groups to let people interact with your ship or house without touching anyones company.
And maybe you should be able to join more than one company.
I think people are way too attached to their company.
Make it more about your connection to local islands and other players than about having the right color in your nametag 😄

And the thing is that the colony update could be seen as a first step in that direction.

Imo colony wasn't implemented 100%. Maybe 15%.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kappinski said:

I think what doesn't help is this black or white, 1 or 0, yes or no approach to playing with others.
You are either allied OR at war. Thats it!
You should at least be able to set someone or a group as neutral.
You should be able to create temporary groups to let people interact with your ship or house without touching anyones company.
And maybe you should be able to join more than one company.
I think people are way too attached to their company.
Make it more about your connection to local islands and other players than about having the right color in your nametag 😄

And the thing is that the colony update could be seen as a first step in that direction.

Imo colony wasn't implemented 100%. Maybe 15%.

4 hours ago, Realist said:

 

You can add companys to ally and remove them after a deal or whatever.

Joining different companys would be a good idea. Actually you need to have different accounts for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about three factions? North (PVP), South (PVP) and Merchants (PVE) on a single map, so no separate PVP and PVE servers just faction you are in defines what you can do. If you belong to the North faction you can only attack members of the South faction and vice versa. Norths could build bases only on the north side of the map and Souths on the South side, that way PVP players could build and gear up deep in their factions area in a relative safety and we could see massive attacks on the border of those factions and dearing infiltrations deep into hostile area in hope foor great loot. Merchant faction could build in peace in their own faction area and trade exotic materials for both pvp sides. Maybe there could be a lawless zone in between two pvp factions that has really rare resources and where even pve players would be voulnerable to attacks from other players - so true piracy could be practiced there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

do away with the claim system, give everybody 1 claim flag with a small radius so there stuff is there in the morning but give it a four hour window to be raided. give us true colony servers with solo/duo/trio gameplay. lets face it people only wana play with there tight knit groups of friends. also have servers that have weekly/monthly wipes like in rust. do this on your xbox release and they will come.

So someone just sneaks a claim flag next to yours, they build a fortress with mortars, cannons and defences during peace time, so they can just tear your base down the moment war time starts. I've been there, i don't want it back.

I've been playing solo/duo and very small company ( less than active 10 members, usually no more than 4-5 online at the same) since release until a month ago, and in my experience, this game is not designed to be played that way. You can try as hard as you want, but the game is too big and you'll miss a lot of things because you can't cover so much ground, even if they add player restrictions.

Imo, the biggest mistake this company made was to use a bunch of buzzwords like pirate/piracy to describe the game and thus sell more copies. if they've just marketed the game for what is good at and probably designed for, and that's large groups fighting each other for power and land control, maybe there wouldn't be so many players pissed at atlas/gs for not being able to play the way they think they could.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BigBombz said:

How about three factions? North (PVP), South (PVP) and Merchants (PVE) on a single map, so no separate PVP and PVE servers just faction you are in defines what you can do. If you belong to the North faction you can only attack members of the South faction and vice versa. Norths could build bases only on the north side of the map and Souths on the South side, that way PVP players could build and gear up deep in their factions area in a relative safety and we could see massive attacks on the border of those factions and dearing infiltrations deep into hostile area in hope foor great loot. Merchant faction could build in peace in their own faction area and trade exotic materials for both pvp sides. Maybe there could be a lawless zone in between two pvp factions that has really rare resources and where even pve players would be voulnerable to attacks from other players - so true piracy could be practiced there.

it sounds to me as something for PVE players that want safety and ocasional pvp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, znasser said:

it sounds to me as something for PVE players that want safety and ocasional pvp.

And that's exactly what most people are. When I was playing on pvp-server I was in three different companies until they quit because they (we) got raided. In a grindy game like this getting wiped is too disheartening for most people, they want to keep their pve-progress and stuff but have some pvp-exitement on top of that.

Edited by BigBombz
fixed a typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Yeah but factions weren’t my idea and I’m not going to pretend that they were. I hope Grapecard gives them a try because it seems like an idea that could have merit, but it would be a @#& move for me to mention them here as if they were my own idea, rather than leave them for you to bring up. 🙂

I am not going to think you are stealing my idea boomer. You should be able to feel free to say anything you want. I don’t mind if anyone bring up factions and I hope a lot more people do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colonies has not failed...
What failed was that the large groups are so few and don't want to play alone (in a MMO none the less), therefore everyone but Talono joined Colonies...

Colonies also was a success as it gave island claim flags, compared to company claim flags which failed spectacular, like any 'claiming' in PVE/lawless still fails toxically.

The whole afair of Empire and Colonies was just that the Devs wanted not to enforce the Colony system on the player base, knowing how that would result in spoiled rage-quits. But to give players the subjective option to choose and than get the Empire servers shut down, because of low population, as was know would happen before that change...
It is called 'to nudge', happens to you every day... otherwise there would be a revolution...

The island claim system is important, as it is not as toxic as lawless and the company system before, which was unable to moderate by game mechanic or admins.
The moderation was given to the island owner and it was for the better. Any problems still existing are in PVE (which is a problem of Atlas PVE unsolveable), Lawless and in the mind of the people that "don't want to be a slave" and/or are not able to be a "slaver", therefore resign to lawless which does not work for them even more...

And could we please give up the idea that you could somehow control company or alliance member numbers, while there is an outside world with multiple options to organize large groups? It is technically not possible and please don't think that somehow moderation can enforce numbers in the real world.
Also, as already said in this thread, limiting the number of alliance members is more a problem for the mass of small companies which in-game cannot organize to strenght in numbers. Or to organize a 'neutral' alliance for each company where they put the companies which they are not allied with, but want to be neutral to, for better organized community living therefore reducing the problem of either you are allied or a vaild target.

What has failed this game is PVE. People demand to build anything everywhere and can't, or make toxic use of it. Damn those neighbors, so unexpected in a MMO...!
What has failed is land PVP. Totally makes ship PVP useless, as ships sink in harbor than in combat. Nothing is save and therefore not worth doing in the first place - or for the third time. Currently it seems like if someone gets wiped half the players leave the game, the other halfs joins the half of another wiped comapny...

And what has failed is the willing missunderstanding by the single-players and non-dedicateds that do not understand how the claim system is there for protecting them from the big guys, and which was not intented for them to own an island of their own, nor the need to do.
Hell, there are so many islands available for claiming now, because even when they can, the small guys can't and should not do it.
But complaining they can, still not understanding it...

Oh and by the way... when you next also complain about the bad game performance, give thank to the island claim system, moderating the mass of useless stuff build. Without it it would be way worst, as this game cannot handle that amount of stuff, especially if everyone wants to have a giant base, just because and damn the torpedos...!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Puppies4ever said:

You can add companys to ally and remove them after a deal or whatever.

Joining different companys would be a good idea. Actually you need to have different accounts for that.

Yeah you could make an alliance but this is too big imo.
If you meet other players and you need some help with a treasure map it would be nice to let them onto your ship and let them man the cannons. Just in case!
Or Most of the time you are not the only one in your company and to make a full alliance has a huge impact on everyone in both companies.
You could sail with others for some time in a group.
There is just no way to play with a player of another company if there is no alliance. An even if there is it is hard enough.
If you are the captain of a ship you should be able to decide that a certain person can use stuff on your ship without making a huge decision like changing the company or making a full alliance.

From there it would be possible for players to socialize on another level.
To join more than one company would be a possible solution but that's a step too much I think.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Factions definitely need to happen. People can say that is wrong all they want but they have no clue what would happen. What we do know for sure is the claim system didn’t work. It was just a bad idea.

there is already decay timers for abandoned stuff. No reason to grind out gold for a flag. Factions is definitely the way to go because mainly it is a way for the big/small/solo people to actually get together.

i mean that is what an mmo is right? The claim system is still the same old ark. Making mega companies and small companies and solos. Ark with an upkeep.

factions would bring the different player types together. Of course the entire playerbase would be split in two but you can’t have everyone on the same team right? Lol

could he a lot of good sea battles like that. Just saying 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to get rid of companies and as people have said already include factions into the game so when people are in game they are apart of 1 side helping along with an objective or in PvP 1 side against another which is also helpful to play alone.

Scrap the claim system and re work it, it's clearly not working I'm not saying I have all the answers but if they had any sense they would have been looking at how people are feeling about it and changing it or planning to change it. 

Each faction could have their own safe zone, and way apart on the server map. To me it doesn't feel like a pirate game right now, it's all well and good building a ship but you can't do much in the game, it lacks alot of content.

Bringing people together is what they need to focus on, you keep pushing the smaller companies away or solo players they will just give up, keeping players engaged will keep the game going, right now I see the opposite.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DannyUK said:

They need to get rid of companies and as people have said already include factions into the game so when people are in game they are apart of 1 side helping along with an objective or in PvP 1 side against another which is also helpful to play alone.

Scrap the claim system and re work it, it's clearly not working I'm not saying I have all the answers but if they had any sense they would have been looking at how people are feeling about it and changing it or planning to change it. 

Each faction could have their own safe zone, and way apart on the server map. To me it doesn't feel like a pirate game right now, it's all well and good building a ship but you can't do much in the game, it lacks alot of content.

Bringing people together is what they need to focus on, you keep pushing the smaller companies away or solo players they will just give up, keeping players engaged will keep the game going, right now I see the opposite.

Hell yeah danny! 👍 we might have agreed on stuff early on but right on. This game is about as divided as the u it’s states right now. Now what happens then? Nothing. 

Nothing gets done. Bring on the factions so they can fight each other instead of multiple player types: pvp, pve, na, eu, solo, mega, small, medium, large, rp, hardcore, passive, aggressive and many others can all be on one cluster.

it wouldn’t be that hard. Not really at all. Shirts vs. skins. White vs. black(chess not race) let’s do it. It is about time now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do companies need to go?  No.  Do they need to completely do away with any kind of land claim system?  Maybe on a PvE server, but otherwise no.

So, what should they do?

-Increase the functionality of Free Ports

-Additional company owned ports and towns (ie, "settlements")

-modify the current claim system

-Factions

-Reputation System

-More Content (duh!)

-So, how to improve Free Ports?  One, change the Commodities Vendor to a Commodities Market.  Add Storage.  A Dry Dock for ship storage (just the ship and structures on it, not what's in the inventories).  A Stable for tame storage (again, with empty inventory and w/o saddles).  A Bank (gold and gear storage, including saddles).  What doesn't get stored?  Maps, crew, commodities.  Also add a market currency, "Silver Pieces" (SP).  1 Gold = 10 SP.  

-Settlements.  Scattered across the map would be abandoned ports, towns, ruined forts, etc.  If you claim the island and put some resources into them, they become "settlements".  They would have all the function of a Free Port, though only for your Faction (or those friendly or neutral).  Additionally they would have several plots of land in them that would function like platforms that can be built on (with build limits, etc).  Though only one plot per company per settlement.  The owning company would also get a plot and some platforms scattered around the settlement to build on.

-Claim system.  You would have two kinds of claims.  An Island claim that would function similar to the current island claim, but WITHOUT upkeep.  The second, each company would get a claim one claim flag similar to the original claim flags to claim where their "main base" is.  

-Factions.  There would be another of factions you could join.  (I prefer a large number of factions, 9-15).  To stay in a faction you CANNOT kill another faction members tames, sink their ships, raid their bases.  A factions ranking would be based on the island they own (islands rated on size, resources, if they have active settlements and number of main base flags they have).  To join you would have to buy in, the more members a faction has, the more expensive it would be (not necessarily with gold, but with resources, etc).  Each faction would get a Capital Island (which would be an island with multiple settlements already established on it).  Only factions can declare war.  Though wars can only be declare on Rivals (another faction of similar strength) or factions that have been hostile (repeated attacks on faction assets).  Wars wouldn't just be between factions and their allies, but Letters of Marque would be offered to companies from friendly or neutral factions.  Wars will be fought until 1) the war goal is conceded.  2) Both factions decide to end it (w/o war goals being met).  Each faction would have a limited number of allies and rivals.

-Reputation System.  Not just to determine friendliness or hostility to another company or faction, but if you regularly sink anchor ships, break into bases, kill tames, etc, you'll eventually get enough negative points you can no longer be part of a faction or build on faction controlled land.  Eventually become an Outlaw and anyone can attack you without fear of gaining negative points.  (War between factions would be an exemption.  Likewise if you've obtained a Letter of Marque against a given faction).

-More ships, wider variety of animals, NPC ships, both factional and pirate, etc.

 

I'm sure stuff like this won't be added to the game...because it doesn't seem to be the kind of game the devs want.  

Edit:  And add more islands.  I thought they were gonna do this?  If they did...well, ADD MOAR!!!111

Edited by Slash78

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2019 at 7:05 AM, Sheepshooter said:

Colonies has not failed...
What failed was that the large groups are so few and don't want to play alone (in a MMO none the less), therefore everyone but Talono joined Colonies...

Colonies also was a success as it gave island claim flags, compared to company claim flags which failed spectacular, like any 'claiming' in PVE/lawless still fails toxically.

The whole afair of Empire and Colonies was just that the Devs wanted not to enforce the Colony system on the player base, knowing how that would result in spoiled rage-quits. But to give players the subjective option to choose and than get the Empire servers shut down, because of low population, as was know would happen before that change...
It is called 'to nudge', happens to you every day... otherwise there would be a revolution...

The island claim system is important, as it is not as toxic as lawless and the company system before, which was unable to moderate by game mechanic or admins.
The moderation was given to the island owner and it was for the better. Any problems still existing are in PVE (which is a problem of Atlas PVE unsolveable), Lawless and in the mind of the people that "don't want to be a slave" and/or are not able to be a "slaver", therefore resign to lawless which does not work for them even more...

And could we please give up the idea that you could somehow control company or alliance member numbers, while there is an outside world with multiple options to organize large groups? It is technically not possible and please don't think that somehow moderation can enforce numbers in the real world.
Also, as already said in this thread, limiting the number of alliance members is more a problem for the mass of small companies which in-game cannot organize to strenght in numbers. Or to organize a 'neutral' alliance for each company where they put the companies which they are not allied with, but want to be neutral to, for better organized community living therefore reducing the problem of either you are allied or a vaild target.

What has failed this game is PVE. People demand to build anything everywhere and can't, or make toxic use of it. Damn those neighbors, so unexpected in a MMO...!
What has failed is land PVP. Totally makes ship PVP useless, as ships sink in harbor than in combat. Nothing is save and therefore not worth doing in the first place - or for the third time. Currently it seems like if someone gets wiped half the players leave the game, the other halfs joins the half of another wiped comapny...

And what has failed is the willing missunderstanding by the single-players and non-dedicateds that do not understand how the claim system is there for protecting them from the big guys, and which was not intented for them to own an island of their own, nor the need to do.
Hell, there are so many islands available for claiming now, because even when they can, the small guys can't and should not do it.
But complaining they can, still not understanding it...

Oh and by the way... when you next also complain about the bad game performance, give thank to the island claim system, moderating the mass of useless stuff build. Without it it would be way worst, as this game cannot handle that amount of stuff, especially if everyone wants to have a giant base, just because and damn the torpedos...!

Yes, Colonies has failed.  It is an abject failure.  The island claim system was a good idea COMPLETELY RUINED by bad implementation.  

Also, you can't blame solo players and small groups or casuals for not buying into "Colonies".  60+ hours since coming back and I haven't once landed on a claimed island.  Why not?  When I sail close and see gate walls and towers packed full of cannons, I GTFO.  Also a lot of the island near me all seem to have their raid timers set for when I'm online.  Not going to sail up to an island then.  Nor can I ask the owners if I can build on them because at most their are 5 people on the server and none are answering in global chat.  Nor have I once seen an inviting message left by island owners.  So yeah, claimed island are a no-go zone as far as I'm concerned.

And I never seen any ships.  Not at claimed islands.  I see the very occasional ramshackle sloop or raft.  Only seen three other ships, two schooners and a galleon and they were parked at lawless island.  (Though I'm sure none of them lasted for long).  In a game where ships are a necessity, there should be a few of them around.  This makes me believe there is no such thing as ship safety.

And I'm not going to complain about game performance.  I have over 3,600 hours in Ark since November 2015.  This game runs smooth as silk compared to what I was getting in Ark much of that time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Slash78 said:

Yes, Colonies has failed.  It is an abject failure.  The island claim system was a good idea COMPLETELY RUINED by bad implementation. 
...
This makes me believe there is no such thing as ship safety.

There are no ships, because they have to be hidden behind multi 10.000 part walls to be save.
If they are not, the people that are looking for ships to sink, rather sink the one not in protection, obviously.

And if you say, that you not get on claimed island because no-one is answering, this might be, because the island owner has left the game, only his gold for the flag has not run out yet... on any medium sized island with still active owner you will get a positive response... no island owner wants to face the end of the universe (server pop reaches zero) alone. And even if you not join the owner company, they still want you around...



As I can see from reading the 'claims failed' people, it is obvious that it is not the claims that failed, but that there is no meaningful protection from PVP and especially that the defender is in the end unable to defend against even one lonely cannon bear, putting every progress made in jeopardy.

That is what the complainers are complaining about - as the people like me that not blame it on the claim system - there is no safety nowhere, therefore everyone comes to the point in playing 'why should I continue and rebuild anything if I loose it anyway'...
Same idea is with the stupid faction thing, from people that not even play the game...
Read what the say... they don't want factions, they want a save space, which they hide in 'we need faction area that is protected'...

It is not the faction that is the solution, nor the claim system that is the problem.
It is the imbalance in defense and the situation that every ship has to be always sunk, every base to be pop-corned... there is nothing else...

Although many suggestion have been made for meaningful change to the combat meta... nothing changes... except the lowering pop numbers, to the point where people are leaving because of too few people...

And just so that we understand what stupid idea factions would be... it would cut the server space exactly where the line is between PVE and PVP... you do not think that the megas will build anything in PVP, as everyone else they are too scared and will rather stay in 'save space'... and the space between faction areas will be dead, because everyone building there will still get raided, pop-corned and sunk... so no-one will... so no meaningful PVP will happen... so game dies...

This might be ok, for current almost dead server population, which is killing the game all by itself right now... but if the numbers go up again, think about playing PVE with 1/4 of the available space... and if you look at the PVE guys, they still now complain about not enough space to build even with them being all alone in their sector...

And again, the claim system was mainly put in to give moderation, where Devs cannot practically moderate... free building like in lawless or PVE is a mess and also killing the game for those type of players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2019 at 6:28 AM, Realist said:

I am not going to think you are stealing my idea boomer. You should be able to feel free to say anything you want. I don’t mind if anyone bring up factions and I hope a lot more people do.

Was it really your idea????  Just saying I have certainly advocated for 

Government, Law and Order and Factions for quite some time now....  

But seriously trying to claim Factions as an idea is like claiming your were the first person to sing a song!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2019 at 3:56 AM, BigBombz said:

How about three factions? North (PVP), South (PVP) and Merchants (PVE) on a single map, so no separate PVP and PVE servers just faction you are in defines what you can do. If you belong to the North faction you can only attack members of the South faction and vice versa. Norths could build bases only on the north side of the map and Souths on the South side, that way PVP players could build and gear up deep in their factions area in a relative safety and we could see massive attacks on the border of those factions and dearing infiltrations deep into hostile area in hope foor great loot. Merchant faction could build in peace in their own faction area and trade exotic materials for both pvp sides. Maybe there could be a lawless zone in between two pvp factions that has really rare resources and where even pve players would be voulnerable to attacks from other players - so true piracy could be practiced there.

How about Not....

When I think of Factions I envision Countries.

Name them whatever you want I am using real life countries for simplicity sake!!!

France

Spain

England

Holland

Pirates

Guilds would swear allegiance to a Country

Country's would declare War 

NO War no right to kill unless your a Pirate in which case you are automatically at war with all Country's 

No Diplomacy for Pirates!!!  And Pirate Guilds can of course kill each other all they want because Pirates!!!

However absolutely no Country on Country PvP if it happens then the Criminal can either be banished bye his guild to become a Guildless Pirate or the Guild can choose to become Pirates!  And any land they own inside of the country's borders will be forfeit...  

If your Not Part of a guild, No worries, if you break the law you will be automatically banished from the country, all lands forfeit....

If your Not part of a guild and a pirate well you welcome to do whatever you want just don't expect to own much land as anything you own will be fair game for everybody!!!

 

I also envision Voting and Government...  

Vice Roys!!!  and Governors who hold power in Free Ports, and Players who claim a free port as there home who have voting rights to elect there Governor!  Be him French or English or Spanish....  But he can Never be a Pirate!!!!  So as a member of a pirate faction you give up your voting rights and your ancestry of even having started at a certain Free Port....

 

This is the type of system I envision, one with Government and country's build Law and Order.  Forming alliances and declaring wars...  etc etc

 

I also envision the voting rights to be tied to those that Hold land...  And Parcels of land being Purchasable, not huge, but big enough for one person to build something nice and depending on the quality of land that parcel is...  will dictate its worth is tax's  is it land locked or is it coastal etc etc...

 

Additionally I envision an area of the map to be De Jure to the Country and Not capturable in war...  An area that is literally a safe haven for anyone in that country....  These places "Capitals" Would be obvious choices for Trade and an Economy to Grow, Shops would spring up etc....  They would be the seat of the King.  

The King would need to be a Land Owner inside of the capital...

The King would be elected bye a committee of his Governors and Viceroys people who do not live in the capital but preside over there own fief's...

Besides the Capital there should always be atleast two other garunteed De Jure area's of the country the seats of the Governor's who would be land owners at those locations and elected bye all the land owners of that location.

-The Governor here would have to be of the correct country and a Land owner

- But since his Fief is not a capital some of his subjects aka fellow landowners could be citizens of other country's unless of course he has pass a law to banish residents from another country, this obviously wouldn't make him very popular with that faction.  And all the parcels of land owned bye those poor bastards would end up back for sale to anyone who wants them who is still able to reside there!

 

^^^^  This could create a way for country's to work together, trade together and also stab each other in the back!!!

Edited by Sulfurblade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I have lots of idea's right now I will place ink to parchment...

 

So in the above we have Turned Free Ports "Starting Ports" Into Capitals of Said Country they represent...

Two adjacent zones to that location would be Governorships and we have pointed out that via law's the governor's can welcome or Sieze the lands of players from other country's in those zones!  But those Zones would always belong to that country so there would always be 2 Governors to choose the King...

Now all the other Sectors on the map would be controlled bye a Vice Roy! Basically a Governor like the above but none of the lands here would be safe though the Vice Roy can of course tax as he see's fit....  He can use his wealth and the tax money to improve the infrastructure of his fief,  bye for example Hiring NPC ships to patrol the waters! He could use his wealth and tax revenue to create fortifications and man them with NPC's to protect the residents etc...  

 

Yes SOTD would go away and be replaced with NPC ships representing country's, Big NPC ships would patrol the De Jure Territory and any Pirate or Country at war would be foolish to wander into those territory's but the Viceroys, they don't get free ships they have to buy em and there expensive, those who live outside of the safe De Jure lands would truly be at the tip of the spear!  They would need to either accept the tax's or perhaps they talk there Vice Roy out of taxing them heavy but instead each of them shoulder the burden to protect.  Many strategy's could be employed but at least there would be a reason for war!

 

And finally there would be a box of 9 zones in the center of the map.  The lawless haven of the scourge and the villainy that is the Pirates!  The Center zone would be the Pirate Free Port but unlike the Capitals there is no safe zone, there is no Kings, there are no voting, no governors its just a free for all land where only the strong prevail....  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

Was it really your idea????  Just saying I have certainly advocated for 

Government, Law and Order and Factions for quite some time now....  

But seriously trying to claim Factions as an idea is like claiming your were the first person to sing a song!

Like I said before. I don’t mind if people want to say factions.

i have been saying it literally since day one though. The mi Ute the game opened up and I found of there were claims and not build anywhere I was pushing for factions. So pretty much December.

i am not even really saying I was the first one. What I am saying is that nobody is going to say that I took someone else’s idea. Especially since I push for it very hard.

2 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

How about Not....

When I think of Factions I envision Countries.

Name them whatever you want I am using real life countries for simplicity sake!!!

France

Spain

England

Holland

Pirates

Guilds would swear allegiance to a Country

Country's would declare War 

NO War no right to kill unless your a Pirate in which case you are automatically at war with all Country's 

No Diplomacy for Pirates!!!  And Pirate Guilds can of course kill each other all they want because Pirates!!!

However absolutely no Country on Country PvP if it happens then the Criminal can either be banished bye his guild to become a Guildless Pirate or the Guild can choose to become Pirates!  And any land they own inside of the country's borders will be forfeit...  

If your Not Part of a guild, No worries, if you break the law you will be automatically banished from the country, all lands forfeit....

If your Not part of a guild and a pirate well you welcome to do whatever you want just don't expect to own much land as anything you own will be fair game for everybody!!!

 

I also envision Voting and Government...  

Vice Roys!!!  and Governors who hold power in Free Ports, and Players who claim a free port as there home who have voting rights to elect there Governor!  Be him French or English or Spanish....  But he can Never be a Pirate!!!!  So as a member of a pirate faction you give up your voting rights and your ancestry of even having started at a certain Free Port....

 

This is the type of system I envision, one with Government and country's build Law and Order.  Forming alliances and declaring wars...  etc etc

 

I also envision the voting rights to be tied to those that Hold land...  And Parcels of land being Purchasable, not huge, but big enough for one person to build something nice and depending on the quality of land that parcel is...  will dictate its worth is tax's  is it land locked or is it coastal etc etc...

 

Additionally I envision an area of the map to be De Jure to the Country and Not capturable in war...  An area that is literally a safe haven for anyone in that country....  These places "Capitals" Would be obvious choices for Trade and an Economy to Grow, Shops would spring up etc....  They would be the seat of the King.  

The King would need to be a Land Owner inside of the capital...

The King would be elected bye a committee of his Governors and Viceroys people who do not live in the capital but preside over there own fief's...

Besides the Capital there should always be atleast two other garunteed De Jure area's of the country the seats of the Governor's who would be land owners at those locations and elected bye all the land owners of that location.

-The Governor here would have to be of the correct country and a Land owner

- But since his Fief is not a capital some of his subjects aka fellow landowners could be citizens of other country's unless of course he has pass a law to banish residents from another country, this obviously wouldn't make him very popular with that faction.  And all the parcels of land owned bye those poor bastards would end up back for sale to anyone who wants them who is still able to reside there!

 

^^^^  This could create a way for country's to work together, trade together and also stab each other in the back!!!

If there were more people that would be fine but with how many there are right now, two factions is plenty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×