Sign in to follow this  
Dosgimp

Isnt Blocking Resource Spawn's a Bannable offense?

Correct me if I am wrong,  Clearly  its some BS.  But this company should be bann'd for some stupid shit.    Blocking Shale Oil Nodes... 

B10 - Company name: The Order, Company ID: 1398456384  9day cool down, so they active.   Get Em!

255B2BA283236BCBE148AE1E71E697EB61E46384

And here is some more nodes they blocked.

29C59414A562BC8EFBC3FDAFB523780359BEAC0E

Edited by Dosgimp

Hello dosgimp, depends on , if hes blocking all nodes of that type on that island or just a few and if its lawless or a claimed island. There are not really much rules for Claimed islands, because the devs dont want to be that present ingame, which is good. The CoC is just protecting you as a person and your personal base on claimed islands. The Ruling company should make sure that resources and settlers are protected from those things, if they dont better dont build there. This is a survival game which means to make sure you can survive, so if you have a base on lawless you will have to deal with those things. The best thing is to organize yourself and protect your interests, but dont do that like this company on your pictures which is really selfish and fucked up. We had to learn that on the hard way too. We ve been griefed and blocked all the time which is annoying with a company of 20 Players, thats why we organized the islands we have bases on.  maybe you have some allys joining your lawless island and together you can make sure that, things are working correct like we do. Of course some idiots and noobs, will not understand what you are doin, but people around you will apreciate that as long as, you always keep those things open for the public. You can place some decent pillars to protect the public areas and resources.

Edited by Egon von Sturmberg

that's pretty messed up.

the thing I never quite understand is how does this help. Is no there a setting along the lines of "distance from built structures items spawn"? So, if this is true... how does this help? it would... should block them from the resource as well

Nothing new, unfortunately.  I am thinking it's not a bannable offense. 

Have tried sending in a ticket with the coords?

13 minutes ago, Geminia_Sierra said:

that's pretty messed up.

the thing I never quite understand is how does this help. Is no there a setting along the lines of "distance from built structures items spawn"? So, if this is true... how does this help? it would... should block them from the resource as well

People need to seperate between claimed islands and lawless, lawless has increased respawn and is more like a place to build a farm base. It never was intended to be your save harbor. For that are the Claimed islands, was intended to protect the players by the ruling company. The next horrible idear they are thinking about is those upkeep costs, which will wipe the few players which are still playin from time to time. I traveled around a lot the last weeks and all islands have been totally empty it felt like cast away on most islands. Even if the player base is growing againe, all those claimed islands are pretty much empty too.

I agree with you @Egon von Sturmberg,    But lets just say hypothetical speaking.   What if that island is the only one in the entire game with that resource,  How would you react to something like that?

This island is B10 - Lawless.  Only Shale Oil location i have been able to find during all my hours spent looking,

Edited by Dosgimp

15 minutes ago, Dosgimp said:

I agree with you @Egon von Sturmberg,    But lets just say hypothetical speaking.   What if that island is the only one in the entire game with that resource,  How would you react to something like that?

I had already contact with some devs, one of them is in our discord. And he made clear how they think about those things.

On lawless companys need to be carefull, because it is special protected and has rules given by the devs.

If someone is blocking a special resource on that whole island, even if this resource is existing on the neighbor island too, thats already something they wouldnt tolerate, because its clear and obvious that this is Griefing. But If someone is building his base on some resource nodes, this would be fucked up, but not a violation or rule breaking.(Thats why againe i give the advice to organize and make atlas great againe)

For example, we dont just protected the resources, we are putting down sign posts to mark each metal or coal node and make it comfortable to find between all those bushes. Which feels good and make farming resources more fun.

5 minutes ago, Egon von Sturmberg said:

But If someone is building his base on some resource nodes, this would be fucked up, but not a violation or rule breaking.

I couldn't agree with you more..     

Check all these little huts out..   Gonna be an epic base if they get connected  *Sarcasm*

265FFD5291F170FE8C79A7F918D7557748F4DD7A

^^ 😁 this company is really toxic, cant be coincedence, that theire huts are dircetly always over resource nodes. But from the point of view of a Game Master/Dev, who is having more to do than just care about people making trouble ingame, he cant just admin bomb this whole structure. He always has to watch the situation from both sides. The toxic company can argue  that they just want to build a little village with a couple houses, which is ok and has to be accepted by the game master to not damage the reputation of the game and the freedom of the players, people wants to have in a open online world. As long as there are still nodes of this type on an island theres no reason for a game master/dev to intervent.

There ve been people bitching around because of the size of our base in lawless, about the amount of ships we are having, about the fps of them which is droping down.... etc.. but just because we dont like what they do, we cant tell them what to do, as they are free and independent in this online world and theres always the option to play on another island. No resource in this game is special on just one island as i know.

So I have confirmed my theory.  Im still here working on a FoB because i would like to be able to pull up and take off quickly.  anyhow.  So I took a closer look into the situation..  And Luck's was on my side.   The sorry SOB's left a locked door open.   Check it out.....

NUKE IT!!!!

86E6A5A0A40ED020E014236DDDA807F26B8A9F69

5BA7201D8C0D00AA455B5B7C34280BB9A2DEB43E

hehe if they keep this door open there shouldnt be a problem, even if its really fucked up what they build around that node. Its a grey zone and somehow covered griefing but theres no proof of theire grief, its not obvious enough and as long as people can reach this resource on that island its not violation.

Thats my last post to this topic, man i m way to much in the forum today, dont wanna end up like yarr.

Greetings egon

8 hours ago, Dosgimp said:

This island is B10 - Lawless.  Only Shale Oil location i have been able to find during all my hours spent looking,

e7 large bottom right island tons of the stuff, u havnt looked very hard 😛 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UDO said:

e7 large bottom right island tons of the stuff, u havnt looked very hard 😛 

Or else, visit us at F9. We got over 500K.

People did it prewipe as well.

Blocking nodes + set a billboard with "Selling xyz".

Not community friendly, but allowed 😐

Happens alot in this game unfortunately. You should see the one in M5 on EU, the big island company called Grandfathers has blocked off the sunstone gems and would not let anyone in to get them, put a structure around it just like in your picture.

Someone else came in called Kingdom I think and built a huge wall all the way around his structure to stop him getting it out. There is signs up all over the place "Take down you structure and I will take down these walls" I laughed at it at first, taste of his own medicine but sadly this goes on all the time and they call this PvE.

With the devs not doing much about it people are just resorting to fight fire with fire, I mean if they aren't focused on these things who's to stop them? It's stupid when things like this happens, resources are there for everyone, why block them off?

So, I guess my is, if the setting "Structure Prevent Resource Radius Multiplier" is set to more than zero which I presume it is on Official, how can a resource stay in that area? I can see someone smacking it a few times and stopping, but it doesn't regrow (as far as I know), so, if they build on top of it, then won't that resource stop respawn ? So why cover it up?

7 hours ago, Commander Shepherd said:

on lawless the respawn tolerances are very low, it will respawn resources right under a structure

Thats it.

You will find it in lawless everywhere. They block Cobalt and Honey nodes in D9 for example.

7 hours ago, Puppies4ever said:

Thats it.

You will find it in lawless everywhere. They block Cobalt and Honey nodes in D9 for example.

15 hours ago, Commander Shepherd said:

on lawless the respawn tolerances are very low, it will respawn resources right under a structure

Ah I see, thanks

On 7/27/2019 at 1:07 PM, DannyUK said:

Happens alot in this game unfortunately. You should see the one in M5 on EU, the big island company called Grandfathers has blocked off the sunstone gems and would not let anyone in to get them, put a structure around it just like in your picture.

Someone else came in called Kingdom I think and built a huge wall all the way around his structure to stop him getting it out. There is signs up all over the place "Take down you structure and I will take down these walls" I laughed at it at first, taste of his own medicine but sadly this goes on all the time and they call this PvE.

With the devs not doing much about it people are just resorting to fight fire with fire, I mean if they aren't focused on these things who's to stop them? It's stupid when things like this happens, resources are there for everyone, why block them off?

aye, that eatoisland fuckery went on for months and kingdoms shit is still there blocking all sunstones, one of these days ill be pissed enoguh to box his base in  entirely , and there wont be a takedown clause coz i wont fkn listen , ill let his animals and shite rot there for the ten days then go in with my pigs and defecate all over it  🙃🙂

On 7/26/2019 at 11:51 PM, Egon von Sturmberg said:

People need to seperate between claimed islands and lawless, lawless has increased respawn and is more like a place to build a farm base. It never was intended to be your save harbor. For that are the Claimed islands, was intended to protect the players by the ruling company. The next horrible idear they are thinking about is those upkeep costs, which will wipe the few players which are still playin from time to time. I traveled around a lot the last weeks and all islands have been totally empty it felt like cast away on most islands. Even if the player base is growing againe, all those claimed islands are pretty much empty too.

there is nothing to separate, if you behave like a dick you should be banned, period.

• Like 1