Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello there Veteran Pirates, Forum bookworms,newbies And Realist ( honestly he is his own category,no offense mate 😉 ) We all know Grapeshot did alot of Bullshit at the Release And it was And still is your right to react to it. But it seems that many People Who really enjoy this game forgot about something really Important imo And that is actually the negativ Review on Steam And other platforms. I wont ask People to just Change it if they still Dont like the Game, but as many others you might have forgotten to Change it into something positive. Potential Players may or may Not Play because of your Review. There are Tons of Players who have over 1k hours in this game And i Dont think anyone spends 1k hours on a Game  he does Not like. Even if its only one Person reading this And changing his Review it is a Start. We all have high hopes And Maybe its time for us to give Other Players the Chance to enjoy this game And also bring some Motivation to our Grapeshot guys 😉

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, zottel said:

Hello there Veteran Pirates, Forum bookworms,newbies And Realist ( honestly he is his own category,no offense mate 😉 ) We all know Grapeshot did alot of Bullshit at the Release And it was And still is your right to react to it. But it seems that many People Who really enjoy this game forgot about something really Important imo And that is actually the negativ Review on Steam And other platforms. I wont ask People to just Change it if they still Dont like the Game, but as many others you might have forgotten to Change it into something positive. Potential Players may or may Not Play because of your Review. There are Tons of Players who have over 1k hours in this game And i Dont think anyone spends 1k hours on a Game  he does Not like. Even if its only one Person reading this And changing his Review it is a Start. We all have high hopes And Maybe its time for us to give Other Players the Chance to enjoy this game And also bring some Motivation to our Grapeshot guys 😉

Oh man. I take no offense whatsoever. I do love being one of a kind. I have always prided myself of being the life of the party/class clown/the guy you hate to love have around. Even in my ark tribes. They loved me when something positive happened and they hated me when something negative happened. That is usually when they say “let’s just leave it alone until tomorrow”

back on topic. I will actually say myself that I do believe that they have been improving. Claims are shit and the player shops are shit, but I will always give credit where credit is due. They do seem to be improving in areas that took years for ark. One of which is that jat has become more active as CM. I am pretty glad to see that. I have actually not only been praising Ced for his awesome ark CM(the new CM for ark, he is awesome by the way) but is seems that jat has also been improving lately.

i also want to point out that they are doing bug fixes and optimizations. One thing that was non existent in ark for probably a good two years. They have a good distance to go to get full respect but that is only because I have dealt with the BS years ago. They are moving in the right direction, but still a ways from redemption.

Edited by Realist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, zottel said:

There are Tons of Players who have over 1k hours in this game And i Dont think anyone spends 1k hours on a Game  he does Not like. 

That's where you're wrong. I really wish this mentality would die out... "You've got X time! You can't dislike the game if you played it for so long!" 

That, and the Steam review system isn't a like/dislike system, it's literally "Would you tell other people this product is worth their time/money?" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 6Xero9 said:

That's where you're wrong. I really wish this mentality would die out... "You've got X time! You can't dislike the game if you played it for so long!" 

That, and the Steam review system isn't a like/dislike system, it's literally "Would you tell other people this product is worth their time/money?" 

What people pay for the priveledge to spend 1k hours doing something they dislike!!!

You are right, I too wish this mentality would die out.

people should start doing things they enjoy.

Edited by Jack Shandy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, 6Xero9 said:

That's where you're wrong. I really wish this mentality would die out... "You've got X time! You can't dislike the game if you played it for so long!" 

That, and the Steam review system isn't a like/dislike system, it's literally "Would you tell other people this product is worth their time/money?" 

So you are saying that it could be the case that someone spent 1k hours on a game he/she didn't like so that the twentysomething dollars/euros he/she spent on the game were not worth it? Sounds kind of weird to me.

In my case this game is top3 in hours per euro spent of all of the games i played in my entire life, and it's not top 1 because almost twenty years ago when i was a kid someone released a half life mod called counter-strike.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 6Xero9 said:

That's where you're wrong. I really wish this mentality would die out... "You've got X time! You can't dislike the game if you played it for so long!" 

That, and the Steam review system isn't a like/dislike system, it's literally "Would you tell other people this product is worth their time/money?" 

Im Pretty sure no One would Spent that Amount of Time if he Dislikes the Game. 100 or Maybe even 200 with the Hope it will get better soon but not 1k hours. What i also think is alot of player went into the Game with such high expectations that even if it still is a Great Game they are disappointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, zottel said:

Hello there Veteran Pirates, Forum bookworms,newbies And Realist ( honestly he is his own category,no offense mate 😉 ) We all know Grapeshot did alot of Bullshit at the Release And it was And still is your right to react to it. But it seems that many People Who really enjoy this game forgot about something really Important imo And that is actually the negativ Review on Steam And other platforms. I wont ask People to just Change it if they still Dont like the Game, but as many others you might have forgotten to Change it into something positive. Potential Players may or may Not Play because of your Review. There are Tons of Players who have over 1k hours in this game And i Dont think anyone spends 1k hours on a Game  he does Not like. Even if its only one Person reading this And changing his Review it is a Start. We all have high hopes And Maybe its time for us to give Other Players the Chance to enjoy this game And also bring some Motivation to our Grapeshot guys 😉

if i could i would downvote again, something like square downvote or super-downvote would suit my needs just wonderfully, developers are beng faithfull to their view of the game wich is fine, but they are utterly failing to realise what people want, its has being said over and over and over, so many times that i will not even waste my energy explaining to you why this is happening since i have alreayd done it  several times in the past, and simply nothing changes, not even one of the critical design flaws of the game has been reworked into someting acceptable, the game has hit an all time low 2.8k players on steam, and is slowly but steadily losing players everyday, yet this ship is not changing its course, and dont get me wrong, i dont hate the game, if anything i am sad about such a wonderfull project going down the drain, but this people simply fails to understand the most basic psychology patterns and needs of an average gamer, its like having your house wife try to repair your car, is not lack of will but lack of insight. so no, i will not change my steam vote to drag more people into this sinking ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

What people pay for the priveledge to spend 1k hours doing something they dislike!!!

You are right, I too wish this mentality would die out.

people should start doing things they enjoy.

to love or hate someting you have to know it right? and to know something you have to invest time in it right? well probably for your surprise there is people who is more stubborn than others, or simply dont have anything else to play that fits their needs at that moment in time, or dont want to give up so easily on the game, i myself invested 700 hrs in this game, after exploring all of its content i decided i didnt like where the game was going and quit, the amount of played time can be indicative of several things, like the ones i mentioned above, so i am sorry but you are mistaken, time invested and hate/love for the game might have correlation but correlation is not causation.

Edited by The D Legacy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, zottel said:

 There are Tons of Players who have over 1k hours in this game And i Dont think anyone spends 1k hours on a Game  he does Not like.

I spent over 1k in this game. I liked it. But a lot of that was mindnumbingly boring sailing, half afk waiting for the boring breeding parts and fighting bugs left and right. It got less fun every time i logged, and somewhere last week i quit for good, the last of the group of real life friends who all did the same. Its just not fun in the end. Great potential, but totally wasted, and instead of trying to fix the core problem they focused on all the wrong stuff.

I wish they would all play it for a week without any console commands.. from scratch. So much stuff would get fixed within that week....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, zottel said:

Hello there Veteran Pirates, Forum bookworms,newbies And Realist ( honestly he is his own category,no offense mate 😉 ) We all know Grapeshot did alot of Bullshit at the Release And it was And still is your right to react to it. But it seems that many People Who really enjoy this game forgot about something really Important imo And that is actually the negativ Review on Steam And other platforms. I wont ask People to just Change it if they still Dont like the Game, but as many others you might have forgotten to Change it into something positive. Potential Players may or may Not Play because of your Review. There are Tons of Players who have over 1k hours in this game And i Dont think anyone spends 1k hours on a Game  he does Not like. Even if its only one Person reading this And changing his Review it is a Start. We all have high hopes And Maybe its time for us to give Other Players the Chance to enjoy this game And also bring some Motivation to our Grapeshot guys 😉

My review on steam was actually positive after about 100 hours of game play, during which I did not know Grapecard and their capabilities as a developer.  After I hit about the 600 hour marks and seen a couple dev streams and their pathetic mega updates I clearly realized this particular developer is not capable of developing a game properly for whatever reason.  They seem to be focused on adding a bunch of stuff most the player base didn't ask for and not fixing the core problems with the game and balancing the broken meta's.  Furthermore, their seems to be a lack of a roadmap on what they actually want to do with this game.  During the course of this realization I also realized that the game is just not fun and replay-ability is just not there even if there was a wipe.  It's unfortunate that I changed my review from positive to negative due to bad development and direction.   But in this game's current state I can't really recommend this game to anyone.  Maybe that will change, maybe it won't.  It's up to Grapeshot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Must admit that stuff like the Boss Fights is only a One Time thing,as there is no reward for Doing it more often. But as i am playing since Day 1 i can see alot of changes And balancing in the Game. They greatly improved spawns so tames are safer than ever, the newest Patch increased FPS And laggs in huge bases so much that Fights on Land should be Working Without Any Problems now. They nerfed gear so Charakter is Not that easlily overpowered And alot of Quality of life changes. There are some changes they should have made alot earlier or Set priority elsewhere for sure but i think they go into the right direction even if its a bit Slow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, zottel said:

Im Pretty sure no One would Spent that Amount of Time if he Dislikes the Game. 100 or Maybe even 200 with the Hope it will get better soon but not 1k hours. What i also think is alot of player went into the Game with such high expectations that even if it still is a Great Game they are disappointed.

Except for the fact that there are people like that. Time does not equal having to like something.

High expectations is going into the game wanting a pirate survival game and getting a game that has no pirating in it outside PvP? Like, here's the thing, even when Conan Exiles was EA, It had that Conan theme even in PvE servers. So yeah, people came in expecting to be able to experience the pirate theme regardless of what mode they wanted to play and well... You go and miss out on a decent bit of what the game offers by not going PvP, which isn't a good thing for a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you were expecting a Game where you can Steal from Other Players,fight large scale Land And seabattles und destroy Citys And kill Other People then you would have been better of with a Christian Church Themed survival. Yet Time does not Equal to like something im Pretty sure you can spend 1000 hours (41 RL days) better than playing a Game You Dont like 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh does Mega Company have noone to raid so they want new players, so they ask old players to change their review so new players can come and be raided with 1 bear and canon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Cascco said:

Oh does Mega Company have noone to raid so they want new players, so they ask old players to change their review so new players can come and be raided with 1 bear and canon.

If you consider 6 active Players as a Mega Company And with raiding that we Maybe tame an Animal on your island whilst playing on PVE then definitly 😄 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I updated my review to indicate the poor direction, lack of progress, and continued balance issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DocOlds said:

I updated my review to indicate the poor direction, lack of progress, and continued balance issues.

I would say poor direction and continued balance issues are fair, but lack of progress...really? It might not be exactly what you want, or going in the direction you want, but they have certainly been adding to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't just throw unrelated crap on something and call it progress.  Subs, torpedos, nonsense tames, they are crap that now needs time to clean off and will always leave a stain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DocOlds said:

You can't just throw unrelated crap on something and call it progress.  Subs, torpedos, nonsense tames, they are crap that now needs time to clean off and will always leave a stain.

i  rly had a laught when they said the submarine could not use torpedos but the ship could, like WTF!? just like when they introduced a feudal system in a pirate MMO, there is no logic in this game at all

Edited by The D Legacy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

i  rly had a laught when they said the submarine could not use torpedos but the ship could, like WTF!? just like when they introduced a feudal system in a pirate MMO, there is no logic in this game at all

Because balancing is way more important ?
A submarine that is able to destroy ships would be the more Oppiest thing ever made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, zottel said:

If you were expecting a Game where you can Steal from Other Players,fight large scale Land And seabattles und destroy Citys And kill Other People then you would have been better of with a Christian Church Themed survival. Yet Time does not Equal to like something im Pretty sure you can spend 1000 hours (41 RL days) better than playing a Game You Dont like 

1) What? Did you forget what a Pirate was?

2) Again, drop the whole "Can't play something for X time without liking it" cause guess what, opinions can change, and it's not unheard of that additions like torpedoes and submarine turtles can really grind the gears of players that wanted the PIRATE THEMED GAME THAT WAS ADVERTISED.

3) Tell us your arbitrary number for hours to have been played for a review to be unquestioned. Cause I'm willing to bet you also say a review under Y hours shouldn't be allowed to exist.

Edited by 6Xero9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DocOlds said:

You can't just throw unrelated crap on something and call it progress.  Subs, torpedos, nonsense tames, they are crap that now needs time to clean off and will always leave a stain.

This is subjectively your opinion as to whether you like the content. SInce Atlas WAS advertised from the beginning as not just pirate, but pirate/fantasy theme, that gave them a lot of leeway for what you call nonsense. The fact you choose to willfully ignore the fantasy part and don't like it doesn't change that it is actual progress in the form of adding content to the game as they announced it. As it happens I don't really care for the new stuff much either, but the point is the mere fact you don't like new content doesn't mean it isn't new content, and therefore progress on development. 

You and others making noises about the fantasy elements of Atlas ruining the pirate theme are coming dangerously close to making the same mistake a very vocal minority of Ark players made who insisted in the face of concrete evidence to the contrary that Tek "ruined" their dinosaur game. When it was pointed out to them that there had been technological implants in the characters wrists and giant floating obelisks in the game from day one, and therefore the game was never a dino game, but a sci fi game with dinos in it, they didn't like that much, but facts are facts.

What you can say is the new content is rubbish and you think the game's direction is nonsense, but you already said that.

Edited by boomervoncannon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

This is subjectively your opinion as to whether you like the content. SInce Atlas WAS advertised from the beginning as not just pirate, but pirate/fantasy theme, that gave them a lot of leeway for what you call nonsense. The fact you choose to willfully ignore the fantasy part and don't like it doesn't change that it is actual progress in the form of adding content to the game as they announced it. As it happens I don't really care for the new stuff much either, but the point is the mere fact you don't like new content doesn't mean it isn't new content, and therefore progress on development. 

You and others making noises about the fantasy elements of Atlas ruining the pirate theme are coming dangerously close to making the same mistake a very vocal minority of Ark players made who insisted in the face of concrete evidence to the contrary that Tek "ruined" their dinosaur game. When it was pointed out to them that there had been technological implants in the characters wrists and giant floating obelisks in the game from day one, and therefore the game was never a dino game, but a sci fi game with dinos in it, they didn't like that much, but facts are facts.

What you can say is the new content is rubbish and you think the game's direction is nonsense, but you already said that.

Not necessarily arguing with you boomer and I do agree with you to an extent, but he technically isn’t too far off. To me the leeway is mainly an excuse for lack of vision as well as a road map.

ark was actually the ultimate dinosaur game that you could actually tame Dino’s. The reason I say this is because in the beginning jeremy did an interview with a journalist. Not verbatim “ever since I was a kid, I have always loved dinosaurs. I always wanted a game with dinosaurs and once I started making video games I thought, wouldn’t it be awesome to have a game where you could actually tame and ride dinosaurs”. In the beginning he was very obsessed with “this is a dino game”. He said this was his passion.

where I agree with you is that yes, everyone had an implant when they first logged in, so yes, they should have known something else might happen. In the beginning the game was very hardly advertised as anything other than a Dino game though. This is where the leeway is the problem. Just by putting one word like “sci-fi” or “fantasy” in the description you not only open up way too many possibilities but you run the risk of people feeling like they got royally screwed. So at that point I can see where he is coming from.

i was pretty pissed off about tek, but hey, I was already pissed about all of the other crap they were doing so I can’t honestly tell you if it was the tek I was pissed at, or the behavior I have come to see as commonplace. Who knows if they were an awesome company I might have just said “well that sucks, but I guess that is what the implants were for”. 

Edited by Realist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, zottel said:

I Must admit that stuff like the Boss Fights is only a One Time thing,as there is no reward for Doing it more often. But as i am playing since Day 1 i can see alot of changes And balancing in the Game. They greatly improved spawns so tames are safer than ever,They greatly nerfed spawns so the game is now a kitty island clone ,the newest Patch increased FPS And laggs in huge bases so much that Fights on Land should be Working Without Any Problems now. They nerfed gear so Charakter is Not that easlily overpowered And alot of Quality of life changes. There are some changes they should have made alot earlier or Set priority elsewhere for sure but i think they go into the right direction even if its a bit Slow.

 

Edited by UDO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×