Sign in to follow this  
Skinner NA PVE

When should we just pull the plug

Reason I played this game was to interact and have fun with other players. I think too many have moved on and are not coming back. I struggle to login myself. Sailed some gold to one of our outposts, passed through 6 zones, and counted 5 people total besides myself. We have moved passed ghost ships to ghostly server populations. According to steam charts both PVE servers combined barely make it to 1000 players a day.

Really sad that such an expansive beautiful game is dead now. 

Was fun while it lasted.

Barely anyone talks in the grids i'm in either. When they do talk it's in a foreign language and I only know English. There's certainly very limited player engagement in this game outside of private communications.

We should build a city somewhere to  concentrate everyone left. Everybody could have a small base or shop. If anybody has the ambition to make the most populated city on atlas, I would come.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Gomez Addams said:

We should build a city somewhere to  concentrate everyone left. Everybody could have a small base or shop. If anybody has the ambition to make the most populated city on atlas, I would come.

Could be pretty fun. Though ugly building should be a reason of banish x) 

7 hours ago, globytheoldpirate said:

Could be pretty fun. Though ugly building should be a reason of banish x) 

Can i be the judge please? 🤣

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Barely anyone talks in the grids i'm in either. When they do talk it's in a foreign language and I only know English. There's certainly very limited player engagement in this game outside of private communications. 

When i sail i have some c&p i spam from time to time, trying to motivate someone to communicate.

Also when wind is low i  demand:  hello higher entity of m4; STORM please .

Many people do react, which leads to a nice conversation. Best reply was  GRANTED so far.

But i agree with privat communications also, often when i sail, i chat in multiple discords rather then ingame. Problem is i tend so sail straigt into galleons while alt-tabbed, just lost 2 front planks of my schooner yesterday, AGAIN.

On 7/25/2019 at 6:35 PM, Skinner NA PVE said:

Reason I played this game was to interact and have fun with other players. I think too many have moved on and are not coming back. I struggle to login myself. Sailed some gold to one of our outposts, passed through 6 zones, and counted 5 people total besides myself. We have moved passed ghost ships to ghostly server populations. According to steam charts both PVE servers combined barely make it to 1000 players a day.

Really sad that such an expansive beautiful game is dead now. 

Was fun while it lasted.

This.

Tons of player left because of 1-2 toxic companys and/or lack in endgame content.

When i see the mega update, there os not much "comback" potential. Hopefully they add more stuff with mega update....

The days are gone where you could interact with other companies, might as well just play single player where you get the benefit of using mods also.

Played PvE from the start, 1400hrs on EU server and i've seen servers go from double digits to a handful of people at best. The best part was interacting with others and trading etc but all the people I played with in other companies in alliances have left, I eventually followed suit.

I don't think they are going to have much success with this game though, they've not stopped the rot and everyone has just left. I don't know what their budget is for the game but it must be eating some serious money to keep all the servers up with only a few on them. Not a chance they will get 40k players, even at full release but that's just my opinion. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

The days are gone where you could interact with other companies, might as well just play single player where you get the benefit of using mods also.

Played PvE from the start, 1400hrs on EU server and i've seen servers go from double digits to a handful of people at best. The best part was interacting with others and trading etc but all the people I played with in other companies in alliances have left, I eventually followed suit.

I don't think they are going to have much success with this game though, they've not stopped the rot and everyone has just left. I don't know what their budget is for the game but it must be eating some serious money to keep all the servers up with only a few on them. Not a chance they will get 40k players, even at full release but that's just my opinion. 

I agree, I don't think official with such a big map will have as much players as needed.
Though, unofficial are getting more and more players.
So it might finish as Ark, majority of community on non-official server (so here with smaller grid, maybe lot of Blackwood ?)
And only a fiew on official.
Maybe official might change their map in the future ?

After finding decay timers getting reduced even further for stuff i'm getting close to pulling the plug. Training dummies now have 2 days 12 hours decay timer, lost one already because of it. Not much of a big deal for training dummies, but the constant reduction in decay timers just because spam can't be solved is getting ridiculous.

If I wanted to play a 24/7 365 game then i'd be happy, but nerf decay timers is getting stupid. Even ARK wasn't this bad with decay timers.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

After finding decay timers getting reduced even further for stuff i'm getting close to pulling the plug. Training dummies now have 2 days 12 hours decay timer, lost one already because of it. Not much of a big deal for training dummies, but the constant reduction in decay timers just because spam can't be solved is getting ridiculous.

If I wanted to play a 24/7 365 game then i'd be happy, but nerf decay timers is getting stupid. Even ARK wasn't this bad with decay timers.

That's what made me leave official
Only played to reset timer, feed animals and gold 😕

• Like 1

Just now, globytheoldpirate said:

Well currently i'm only logging in to reset timers and feed etc because i'm waiting to see what comes with Update 3, plus that my free time has been short recently.

But take 2.5 days away from the game and stuff starts auto-decaying. It's the crappiest system i've seen in a game before.

8 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Well currently i'm only logging in to reset timers and feed etc because i'm waiting to see what comes with Update 3, plus that my free time has been short recently.

But take 2.5 days away from the game and stuff starts auto-decaying. It's the crappiest system i've seen in a game before.

2.5 days on dummys??
Looks like missed something 😮

23 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

2.5 days on dummys??
Looks like missed something 😮

Well it says 2 days 12 hours on my dummy. I had 2 dummies, one outside my base free-standing on the ground, and one inside my base standing on foundation.

The one outside my base autodecayed after I hadn't played for upto 2.5 days, and the one inside my base is fine.

I can only assume they have fast decay because immature people spam stuff, but this was never the case with dummies before. So a ninja change happened.

It's stuff like this that makes me lose complete interest in the game because you take 1 day off from playing and who knows what has disappeared in the game.

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood
  • Like 1

I dont really pay much attention to decay timers, but after this "hidden" change i should do it.

Maybe they changed some more stuff...

56 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

I dont really pay much attention to decay timers, but after this "hidden" change i should do it.

Maybe they changed some more stuff...

I don't pay attention to them either, it was only because I checked my company log as I always do when I first log on.

But now there's so many different timers for everything:

• structures - 10 days
  • single/double structures - 12 hours
  • training dummies - 2 days 12 hours
  • ships - 21 days (supposedly)
  • tames - 8 days
  • certain structures like resource box, storage box etc - 40 days

It is so stupid to have so many varying decay timers.

3 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

• single/double structures - 12 hours

Without structures on it like smithy etc....

According to steam charts both PVE servers combined barely make it to 1000 players a day.

I bet only half of them are playing more than 30 minutes, other half is just feeding their Animals and NPC. Checking if it is all good and than quit to play smth more interesting.

On 7/27/2019 at 9:42 PM, Cascco said:

I bet only half of them are playing more than 30 minutes, other half is just feeding their Animals and NPC. Checking if it is all good and than quit to play smth more interesting.

Its just the number of logg ins.

You are right, lot of people just reset the timers and thats it.

The islands changed so much the last week, many former maintained settlements are gone now. People gave up in maintaining also.

On 7/27/2019 at 9:59 AM, globytheoldpirate said:

Yeah thats where I am at now. They made it so players have to get on every few days or else lose their stuff. Eventually Ill get tired of the chores and just let it all go. With all the changes the Devs have done (mostly bad changes too), I don't see the game surviving to its full release. I have sailed from one end of the EU PVE server to the other and rarely see anyone. Game has become nothing more than chores every few days to keep up.

• Like 1

I stopped playing Atlas too. So many changes that made it more like a second job and not a game to enjoy. And as bigger u build, as more ships and outposts you get, so more and more u have to keep things alive. There's no room left for a casual player to explore, tame, do bosses o.e. if u have to handle your stuff an hour each day first.

Then the breeding stuff... Who has the time to sit four days beside the computer to feed and imprint? Right, only workless people can do it.

Now I wait and see, if the devs improve the actual game in his state. 

Me too. Just log in long enough to reset timers, feed critters. For us it just took waaaaay too long to sail anywhere even with enhanced ships. Had fun building and doing treasure maps so I'd say 1100+ hours I got my money's worth. Since the content is "one and done" we played primarily to interact with other players but all the zones are mostly ghost towns now. Next mega update will determine if we get back into the game or quit.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2019 at 3:56 PM, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

This was the straw that broke the camels back in the end. It became more of a job, and when you are FORCED to do something all the time or your progress is lost its not going to go well in a game where all you do is build.  They could have changed it at least for PvE, their playerbase there was mostly small groups and Solo players to begin with.

• Like 3