EricKnighton

Treasure Maps and SotD broken

I have seen this problem mentioned in other posts with no response.. Squeaky wheel time I reckon....

Playing SP/NDMP 

After a crash I/We loaded back in only to discover that all the treasure maps in our possession were broken. In the description they all say 0 Gold and if you hunt them down anyways there's nothing there.

So, we tried to get new maps.... All the bottles failed to award a map... I thought maybe they suffered the "Wyvern Egg" decay issue from Ark so I collected ALL the bottles from around our home island.... waited for respawns.... opened many more bottles... no maps...

Also, the SotD went from annoyingly over-populated to none at all. I would randomly stumble across a cluster of them jumbled together... Sometimes on top of each other... but, they wouldn't engage and couldn't be engaged. Pass right through them.. Then poof gone.

This  effectively neuters the game... SO, i reinstalled... this of course didn't remove my savegame/profiles and after i fired it back up. Problem persists.

I archived my save and started a fresh game. Voila! All was well in the world! Pain in the ass, but ok...

Until I crashed again crossing grids aaaaand it' back to mapless/damnedless broken.

Archived the second go'round and started a fresh game without reinstalling. Voila pt. 2! worked again! 

I've reinstalled the previous 2 saves and switched between them and a fresh start save... Every time is the same. The fresh games work, but the archived do not. So, it's not a problem with the base game, but a local file.

I can put up with bugs... I'm a 5K+ hour Ark veteran from Xbox and PC... My Favorite game... But, this is intolerable.

Anyone out there got some info on this problem? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Same problem to start all i had were sod schooners and nothing bigger now there is none. Please fix as i am no longer a pve or pvp player. Single player and dedicated is the future of this game as you must realize by now by so many fewer complaints besides bug reports lol

• Like 1

Would Game Difficulty settings change what sort of SotD you find? I know it affects loot quality, I first went with normal and was seeing midgrade stuff. I didn't start seeing really big ships that gave mythical loot until, I upped the difficulty.

• Like 1

I may have found a "Bandaid" for the problem. I'm still in the process of testing it, but I went back to my old Ark habit of Archiving the hell out of game. I'm waiting for it to pull it's shenanigans again so I can delete the local saves and restore from a backup. Hopefully it'll work :classic_wink:

• Thanks 1

I've been having the same issue in both none dedicated and single player. Unfortunately since both the maps and sotd's are needed to progress, there seems not much point playing. I just can't be bothered to start all over again when there's every chance this bug's going to raise its head again.

And i've put 2 bug reports in about this already, wouldn't mind some sort of reply just so i don't feel i'm shouting in the wind?

Edited by AnteaqueLP
  • Sad 1

The treasure maps and the Ship of the Damned are gone have't seen one Ship of the Damned
and now when i pick up a treasure bottle there is no map  after update

• Like 1

I'm experiencing the same exact issue.  

I've crashed several times and have recent started up the treasure map and sotd hunt.

All currently attained maps are zero gold reward.

Can not locate any bottles except one on a port island which resulted in zero maps.

Can not locate any sotd except one which would not move or engage and I could pass right through it.

Is this going to be addressed or nah?

Posted (edited)

Same problem here. Crashed last night, since then treasure maps are borked and SotD's are spawning broken. (When examined they are called stuff like ShipHullBrigantine)

I did notice that a quirk of the crash is that the date rolled back to day 1, which has some funny side effects, since some timestamped stuff like structure timers are now negative and give me like days to pick up the object

Edited by RyuujinZERO