Jump to content

Nutcutt3r

Stop Making PVE Stupid

Recommended Posts

I get it, you did single player for the snowflakes so they can enter admin commands and feel like they can actually play.  But now you have to realize your debt to society has been payed , and you need to stop listening to all the calls for pink bows and ribbons and the fact that these people are trying to take over.

Remember the fact that is a pirate based game and things are supposed to be difficult, hard to earn, and maybe even have a sense of gratification in the end.

If this confuses you or you are unsure of what direction to turn just Google pirate. I am not after realism, as much as I am just having something fun to do, and what the heck if I go out and get a bunch of doubloons I should be able to spend them how I see fit. You used to be able to tax someone off an island but no, you got stomped down because you were "oppressing the masses". Now they are crying to turn the whole damn place into a homeless encampment. Here is the clue, and if you think really hard you know how it works, people will pay more taxes if they want to stay on an island that I pay gold for.  Just a simple example.

You made wildlife suck, there is literally nothing to be afraid of, why? Because more snowflakes crying because they died. OMG I died in a survival game WTF!!!

Stupid posts about locked content, I could elaborate but these are the same freeloaders I already spoke of.  How much gold for that pink ribbon on your bear?

I will honestly say you guys have done a great job on a lot of things. You took a huge list of things people did not like on ARK and changed them. Great, but if they made everything on ARK as freaking boring and en eventful on PVE it would have tanked a long time ago.

M.A.G.A

Make Atlas Great Again

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, god forbid someone who joined the game a little late actually wants to have a spot of land for themselves.

News flash: not everyone wants to be a slave to the island owner who takes a share of their hard work and... oh yeah, can destroy all your stuff anytime they want.

I pay a mortgage in real life, i'm sure as hell not going to pay one to you in a game.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, RogueLdr said:

Yeah, god forbid someone who joined the game a little late actually wants to have a spot of land for themselves.

News flash: not everyone wants to be a slave to the island owner who takes a share of their hard work and... oh yeah, can destroy all your stuff anytime they want.

I pay a mortgage in real life, i'm sure as hell not going to pay one to you in a game.

Sounds like not just the Atlas game you joined a little late..heres a newsflash, half the islands are empty- find your own.

You are a perfect example of what I was just saying- you realize because of your crying you dont even pay a tax, it just magically appears in their bank without even costing you anything. Yet still you complain about it.

Edited by Nutcutt3r
Perfect Example

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you do realise there are 2 game modes , u want to destroy settlers time and work , u want to tax them for protection , u want to rule over them and decide who can and cant settle or build  then go play play pvp , or are u too scared and just want to act like you are a big bad island ruler all safe on your non risk pve island .

if u do play pvp then wtf are u even concerned about pve for ? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree about the animals. 

Tundra, for example used to be a death trap and you had to go in prepared. 

The wildlife has been needed into obscurity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Social Justice PVEler eating their own... wunderbar...

You do realize that both of your sides are not right and both destroy the PVE game even more with your demands...?
"But we must destroy PVE to save it !"

Either get on SinglePlayer or on PVP... otherwise please live stream your civil war for social just-us... the peace loving community on PVP likes to watch... makes us more happy about our choice...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

The Social Justice PVEler eating their own... wunderbar...

You do realize that both of your sides are not right and both destroy the PVE game even more with your demands...?
"But we must destroy PVE to save it !"

Either get on SinglePlayer or on PVP... otherwise please live stream your civil war for social just-us... the peace loving community on PVP likes to watch... makes us more happy about our choice...

As opposed to the manly tacti-cool prepper.  Bro! Nice camo! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What kind of game is this really anymore?   There's nothing to survive, so it's not really a survival game.  There's not much pirate themed content, so can't really say its a pirate game.  There's not much trading going on, so not that.  A creature taming game....Maybe, but considering the lack of a decent amount of types of creatures to tame...Naw.  Sailing simulator....with 3 ship types...nope.   Oh wait we have seahorse's, but they are completely useless.  

Can anyone really say for sure what this game has evolved into.....Dumpster fire? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sgzeroone said:

What kind of game is this really anymore?   There's nothing to survive, so it's not really a survival game.  There's not much pirate themed content, so can't really say its a pirate game.  There's not much trading going on, so not that.  A creature taming game....Maybe, but considering the lack of a decent amount of types of creatures to tame...Naw.  Sailing simulator....with 3 ship types...nope.   Oh wait we have seahorse's, but they are completely useless.  

Can anyone really say for sure what this game has evolved into.....Dumpster fire?  

I agree with most of this except the dumpster fire part. There is a lot that can be fixed to make the game exciting, all I asked was quit making it stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, UDO said:

you do realise there are 2 game modes , u want to destroy settlers time and work , u want to tax them for protection , u want to rule over them and decide who can and cant settle or build  then go play play pvp , or are u too scared and just want to act like you are a big bad island ruler all safe on your non risk pve island .

if u do play pvp then wtf are u even concerned about pve for ? 

Well lets see if you are gone for almost a month straight why not? Like I said before the owner may be collecting a tax but you are not paying anything for it. You still get 100% the tax percent is just magically added to the bank. Big bad land ruler, that's too funny. It takes risk to keep the islands paid for, just cuz some goof ball builds his hut on my metal spawn, I should just put up a welcome sign? You want free go live on lawless.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

meh *shrugs* i'm just waiting for pvp servers to drop the even lower numbers , be interesting to see if dev focus changes after they realise most of the playerbase is pve rather than pvp.

in my opinion it was a flawed concept from the start..they should have gone with two location based megaservers , eu and us , then built pvp zones into the maps , akin to trade routes. that way everyone gets treated the same. you want to fight/risk it..use the faster routes..if not stay safe and sail around.
as is Its getting a little stupid with things in pvp being abused , so we lose basic functionality in pve as a result , anyone in pve bother with mortars? puckle guns? fire barrels? fire arrows?
The claim system is a bit of a mess , I feel it should be scrapped and just go to a lawless model (but with actual gm support to report foundation spammers) with a 14 day decay rate (to account for holidays )
then use the new pirate spawns like the Conan exiles Purge system , you build up purge depending on company and base size and then when the bar is full (and only when a member of the company is online and at the base) it creates a wandering pirate ship to try and raid you.
sure nothing is perfect , and people will find ways to abuse and troll..its what people do..

oh and lose the sotd's except from golden age..would it really be so hard to use proper ship skins as pirates/navy etc? I appreciate getting them to respond to the wind would be very difficult , but hey..even making them boardable and capturable would be fun too...
anyway gone a little off topic and have to go to work

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Well lets see if you are gone for almost a month straight why not? Like I said before the owner may be collecting a tax but you are not paying anything for it. You still get 100% the tax percent is just magically added to the bank. Big bad land ruler, that's too funny. It takes risk to keep the islands paid for, just cuz some goof ball builds his hut on my metal spawn, I should just put up a welcome sign? You want free go live on lawless.

considering after 10 days structures auto decay , if not refreshed your month argument is invalid , that's the first issue u have solved , risk for gold up keep for island 😕 what risk? grab boat and a bear go to treasure map , kill damned , dig up treasure , there is zero pve risk in this game , which is the biggest part of causing players to be bored , bored when farming , bored when exploring but i digress that's a conversation for another thread .someone puts up a hut on resources nodes on your island go clean it up u have 24 or is it 48 hrs on pve ?  ,too many island owners complain about random structures appearing , but make no effort to patrol the island and clean up if they dont like said structures being placed , 

33 minutes ago, Derfel said:

meh *shrugs* i'm just waiting for pvp servers to drop the even lower numbers , be interesting to see if dev focus changes after they realise most of the playerbase is pve rather than pvp.

 

on official this does indeed seem to be true , not hugely more popular but enough to see that you are correct . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Derfel said:

... then built pvp zones into the maps , akin to trade routes. that way everyone gets treated the same. you want to fight/risk it..use the faster routes..if not stay safe and sail around.

so full PVE on all islands..?!?! Just Sailing PVP?
So PVE ler cannot risk leaving their island...

Or some islands PVP some PVE...?
Well, were then will everyone try to build...?
And as double the amount of players are on the server while only maybe halve the islands are save, means 4x more people will compete in PVE and all the toxic behaviour that comes with that... that would be 4x "more fun" as PVE is now...

Maybe promote living in PVP...? - yeah until the Just-Us PVE warriors will complain they demand the same in PVE as in PVP... again everyone stays in PVE...

Combination of PVE and PVP cannot work, as adaption will negate the hoped for solution...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sheepshooter said:

so full PVE on all islands..?!?! Just Sailing PVP?
So PVE ler cannot risk leaving their island...

No...you change SOME servers to pvp and have the risk factor to get past them OR as i stated , you sail a longer route to get to the islands you want/resources etc
 

Maybe promote living in PVP...? - yeah until the Just-Us PVE warriors will complain they demand the same in PVE as in PVP... again everyone stays in PVE...

probably because the "theres a ship and a base! lets fuck it up because its there" mentality doesn't appeal to everyone , so quite frankly i have no interest in moving to pvp , however id quite like pvp's exploitations to stop filtering down and messing with pve's experiances

Combination of PVE and PVP cannot work, as adaption will negate the hoped for solution...

thats fine..we can wait...pvpers dwindle every day 😛

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2019 at 8:43 PM, Nutcutt3r said:

Sounds like not just the Atlas game you joined a little late..heres a newsflash, half the islands are empty- find your own.

You are a perfect example of what I was just saying- you realize because of your crying you dont even pay a tax, it just magically appears in their bank without even costing you anything. Yet still you complain about it.

Gold doesnt just appear when no one is playing on the EU server, your whole message is confusing at best. Pve is hosed because of a screwy claim system that just doesnt work that well .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Derfel said:

thats fine..we can wait...pvpers dwindle every day 😛

as of this writing
online on PVP: 777
online on PVE: 538

hopefully someone in PVE will still be there waiting when PVP reaches Zero... 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

as of this writing
online on PVP: 777
online on PVE: 538

hopefully someone in PVE will still be there waiting when PVP reaches Zero... 🙄

Thats why I said stop making it stupid.

PVP = Player VS Door

PVE = Player VS Nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Many of my friends lost interest in the game, deciding that they have already achieved everything, and there is nothing more to do in the game.

How do these people live in real life? When did the "main dream" come true they go and die to be reborn in another project? 🙂

These people have the main problem in the game - to be the first to do everything faster.  They hurry to live 24x7, so their interest quickly dies.

I see this game as an opportunity to just live in it, go to the game when there is free time, and it's nice to spend it.

I'm not in a hurry, I have 3 accounts, and I can afford to design everything that the game offers.

I remember when wild animals ran in large numbers, and were extremely aggressive. And it gave me a lot of anxiety. I was small, inexperienced and naked.

And now I'm fat, strong, always armed, and riding an evil bear, and evil wild animals don't bother me anymore 🙂

I also remember when I couldn't go to the fountain of youth for five hours, because the Golden ruins were just littered with high-level aggressive creatures, and I do not want to repeat such tests.

Developers are constantly engaged in the development of the project, doing something in one direction, something in another, and there will always be those who are dissatisfied with everything, they are constantly knocking on the captain's cabin, and shouting - we are not going there! And everyone recommends to go where he needs, at the same time they are not able to keep myself busy on the deck of this ship. 🙂

 

P.S.

By the way, one of the familiar nubo-traib completed the game after they built a Galleon. At the same time they did not even let him down to the water. On my question why they leave the game the head answered - so we have built the Galleon, what else is there to do?

 

P.S. 2

From the wishes, in my opinion, it is necessary to reduce the cost of renting the Islands, it is unreasonably large at this stage of the game.

And add smaller Islands.

Enter the game a large animal feeder, and the need to repair buildings (automatically, with the help of sailors who take from the Bank resources for repair)

 

 

Edited by Daigari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this snowflake likes the SP mode, its nice not having Toxic prats destroy me stuff and taking up all the islands for themselfs, so stop your moaning and go play call of duty because Atlas is turning into a great game now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, sand man said:

Well this snowflake likes the SP mode, its nice not having Toxic prats destroy me stuff and taking up all the islands for themselfs, so stop your moaning and go play call of duty because Atlas is turning into a great game now.

????

A multiplayer game that now has a single player mode is a improvement?

I guess if you don't like people and prefer to play game alone this is great.

But having a SP mode for a multiplayer game seems kinda weird to me, especially with the way Atlas has been designed to be played.

But whatever....Enjoy your new safe space... there snowflake.  Perhaps they will add some play-doh for you to fondle in those more stressful moments when your activating the cheat commands cause your skill level is low.

Edited by sgzeroone
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Skinner NA PVE said:

I will be playing single player PVP exclusively for now on.

That sounds challenging.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's no wonder games like this get ruined.  Half the problem is the gaming community is full of a bunch of people who think they are gamers, but they actually aren't.  Their like some carebear version of a spoiled child on adderall.  

"Please Grapecard.... please add a easy button for us"....We know we suck, but we want to feel like masters of the universe.  -Not a Real Gamer

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2019 at 3:46 PM, sgzeroone said:

It's no wonder games like this get ruined.  Half the problem is the gaming community is full of a bunch of people who think they are gamers, but they actually aren't.  Their like some carebear version of a spoiled child on adderall.  

"Please Grapecard.... please add a easy button for us"....We know we suck, but we want to feel like masters of the universe.  -Not a Real Gamer

Stop moaning, its really boring and alittle sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×