Sign in to follow this  
Senkoau

Max level of animals question.

So I thought I saw something about this but I can't find it anywhere. Am I correct in that the max lvl wild animals can be is 30, 60 or higher. That is normally the max lvl is 30 for say a random chicken on a normal island, for certain animals I think say a gorgon its 60 and for untamable golden age ones its 100 or higher for an Alpha?

30 is max Level for wild tamable creatures on Islands. Then alphas up to 249 max Level. Golden Age Ruins is capped at 200 i think. And for bred creatures i cant really Tell but we have some bears close to the 150s atm

Hmmm could have sworn I saw something about some creatures being 60 must have been mistaken.

24 minutes ago, photek said:

i wonder if there is a tamed animal max lvl like in ark

According to the wiki, the formula for levels you can add is the post tame level of the creature plus 30. Also per the wiki, since a perfect tame adds half the creatures wild level minus one to the tame, a perfect tame of a max level 30 wild creature would put it at level 44 upon tame, with the ability to gain 74 additional levels from xp, up to level 118.

Assuming my math is right and the wiki is correct, this should represent the maximum possible level for creatures whose max wild spawn level is 30. As far as max level for bred tames, I have no idea, but things I have seen and heard lead me to think their ceiling is even higher. I just have not done any breeding in Atlas, and wouldn’t consider it until the mechanic is less buggy.

If they reused the Ark settings, then mutations and stat stacking come into play and the level with breeding could theoretically be infinite with a practical hard codedlevel cap, I think it was like 400 or something in ark, I forget.Β  So, mutations are a mutation on a stat increasing it from what the parent's stats were, I haven't gotten any mutations breeding yet, so I can't confirm how it works on Atlas.Β  Stat stacking is a bit easier, just tame every high level wild you find, so wild animals have a random assignment of stats, with 30 levels(44 after tame), if most are in one stat on the mom and most are on another stat on the dad, when bred, you have a chance of getting both higher stats on the kid which means an initial level even higher than 44 on the kid(max with this method before leveling would be 44 X the number of stats, but you'll never get a tame with all 44 levels in one stat), with this method I have gotten babies that start out above the max post tame level by a few levels.

Guess Till we find the ceilings for bred tames it will be a few month more. Currently our highest wild Level bear is 104 And is leveled to 147 atm

2 minutes ago, zottel said:

Guess Till we find the ceilings for bred tames it will be a few month more. Currently our highest wild Level bear is 104 And is leveled to 147 atm

Is there somewhere ingame that bears can spawn higher than 30? If not the math of what the wiki says would seem to be wrong if you have a wild tamed 147.

13 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Is there somewhere ingame that bears can spawn higher than 30? If not the math of what the wiki says would seem to be wrong if you have a wild tamed 147.

Isn't that depending on server / single player settings?
Sure, official can have max lvl 30, but if you play with difficulty setting on server/ single player you can get up to few hundreds level creature.Β 

• Like 1

Just now, Elrood said:

Isn't that depending on server / single player settings?
Sure, official can have max lvl 30, but if you play with difficulty setting on server/ single player you can get up to few hundreds level creature.Β 

oh. yeah. right. Sorry. I play officials but didn't think about the customizability of unofficials. Sorry for the oversight on my part.Β 

Zottel is on official, find different bears with 1 exagerated stat, bread them together, once you are at the best you can get from the wild, bread more for mutations.

takes a LOT of time but doable.

Our breading is small scale 1 breed a weekend, uo to lvl 53 with 3 good stats so far.

19 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

Zottel is on official, find different bears with 1 exagerated stat, bread them together, once you are at the best you can get from the wild, bread more for mutations.

takes a LOT of time but doable.

Our breading is small scale 1 breed a weekend, uo to lvl 53 with 3 good stats so far.

Okay but zottel specifically said "highest wild level bear is 104, leveled to 147." That would seem to exclude the possibility the bear was bred.

15 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Okay but zottel specifically said "highest wild level bear is 104, leveled to 147." That would seem to exclude the possibility the bear was bred.

Wild Level is usually Used to Describe the Level a tame had before a player put And points into it. But it is a bred One yes. Β So usually you take wild Level x2 +30 to calculate the max Level a tame can get. But so far it seems if you Breed bears there is no Limit to the Level.

8 minutes ago, zottel said:

Wild Level is usually Used to Describe the Level a tame had before a player put And points into it. But it is a bred One yes. Β So usually you take wild Level x2 +30 to calculate the max Level a tame can get. But so far it seems if you Breed bears there is no Limit to the Level.

ah okay gotcha. Not having delved into breeding in Atlas yet, I'm reverting to Ark's terminology, and it seems there's a meaningful difference here. Thanks for clarifying.

I think difficulty setting seriously comes into play here. I play on maximum difficulty as a solo game and I've seen alpha creatures that are lvl 900+ (I killed an alpha turtle that was lvl 969)Β  I haven't been around very much but I have seen a few wild animals at lvl 100+ in my game. Makes me think the wild animal level cap is 150 or something.Β 

Β 

• Like 1

Wild level animal cap is 150 unless difficulty is manually set higher. At 2-3Β  I have seen level 1700 wild level animals at powertstones.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

Wild level animal cap is 150 unless difficulty is manually set higher. At 2-3Β  I have seen level 700 wild level animals at powertstones.

I think they said WL 130 for officials and some stats are capped.

Tbh, high lev breeding tames are "useless" actually. When i take my WL70, WL85, WL94 bears i can do every map or whatever without any problems.

Harvester tames like elephant or giraffe.....slightly different, but same problem.Β 

Most breeders go for special colour combos etc now. Most bloodlines are shared or will be sold cheap (WL94 breed pair 50k....πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ)

Β 

Edited by Puppies4ever

On 7/24/2019 at 2:28 AM, Puppies4ever said:

I think they said WL 130 for officials and some stats are capped.

Tbh, high lev breeding tames are "useless" actually. When i take my WL70, WL85, WL94 bears i can do every map or whatever without any problems. ο»Ώ

Harvester tames like elephant or giraffe.....slightly different, but same problem.Β 

Most breeders go for special colour combos etc now. Most bloodlines are shared or will be sold cheap (WL94 breed pair 50k....πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ)

Β 

Its 130 for officials. 150 for setting difficulty to "max" but this can also be further increased by manually entering a value higher than one in the config file or in the dialog box when starting the game. This is also true for any setting in the game. For example, we can also set our clutter distance and detail both to 0 and remove all extra foliage.

Higher level tames are always better, especially if you are breeding. I have some level 1300 base breeder lions that I use to do Level 2k+ Hydras/Drakes with on my SP save. They have something on the order of 1000% DMG 30k Stam and 12k HP. So thats 20x the damage over a level 30 if an imprinted rider is on them. They one shot everything below level 200. I still occasionally manage to lose them; to give you an idea of how hard 3.0 difficulty is. Fighting SOD is a hours long battle, lol.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

35 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

Its 130 for officials. 150 for setting difficulty to "max" but this can also be further increased by manually entering a value higher than one in the config file or in the dialog box when starting the game. This is also true for any setting in the game. For example, we can also set our clutter distance and detail both to 0 and remove all extra foliage.

Higher level tames are always better, especially if you are breeding. I have some level 1300 base breeder lions that I use to do Level 2k+ Hydras/Drakes with on my SP save. They have something on the order of 1000% DMG 30k Stam and 12k HP. So thats 20x the damage over a level 30 if an imprinted rider is on them. They one shot everything below level 200. I still occasionally manage to lose them; to give you an idea of how hard 3.0 difficulty is. Fighting SOD is a hours long battle, lol.

Try this:
unknown.png

Does it boost riders bonus too?

9 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

So is that you can catch a lvl 130 on official or you can catch/breed up to 130? If its catch how come 1 on solo only gets you lvl 30 critters with the excpetion of seagulls (in my experience so far)?

Official the highest wild's go is 30, which means when you tame it it will be 43. Tames can be breed to be higher. On official before wipe (when I played official) the highest I got up to was 80 "Wild". I imagine given more time and work someone could get their tames into the 200s on offical settings; but I wouldn't hold my breath.

However, on SINGLE PLAYER the cap of wilds is based on difficulty settings. The cap is x7 the base cap on Powerstones.

On 7/26/2019 at 6:20 AM, PeglegTheAngry said:

Its 130 for officials. 150 for setting difficulty toΒ 

Im talking about official server settings πŸ˜‚

On 7/27/2019 at 1:04 AM, Puppies4ever said:

Im talking about official server settings πŸ˜‚

Like I said. 30 for normal zones, 130 for Powerstone Islands.

5 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

Like I said. 30 for normal zones, 130 for Powerstone Islands.

When i understand it right, you have powerful lions which one shoot everything?