MasterReaper

Non-dedicated Multiplayer

How do I host and invite in the non-dedicated multiplayer host mode?

How do I join another game that is being hosted?

How do I invite others to the game that I am hosting?

Thank you!

To host a server, on the main menu, use the single player/non dedicated option. At the next screen in the centre is a button to host a server. 

To join a server, on the main menu select the join server. Towards the bottom left of next screen is a drop down menu where you can select non dedicated servers. In there you will find a list of available servers. If the one you want is not showing it's likely that it is passworded. Select the option on bottom left to reveal them.

For your friends to access you server, they need to follow instructions above to locate your server.

• Like 3

my friend and I can't join each other's non dedi sessions at all. We keep getting Host pending connection timed out. 

No matter what we do, this is what we get.

Any suggestions?

41 minutes ago, Sansa Phoenix said:

my friend and I can't join each other's non dedi sessions at all. We keep getting Host pending connection timed out. 

No matter what we do, this is what we get.

Any suggestions?

Do you put mod ?

Me and my brother were both in the same world same island looking at where each other should be but neither of us were there. How can he join me. 

Hello!

I'm new to the game and really having fun with it and wanting to experiment with friends on just a private little area, nothing fancy, to learn all the ropes as it were.

So I wanted to share what I did because I had the same issue the last couple of days trying to figure this out and the suggestions above were not working.

For reference, I am an Australian player.

The people that I was trying to play with on a non-dedicated hosted server live in the US and the UK, neither of their hosted servers appeared on my list. In fact zero servers appeared for me so I thought maybe it was glitchy. But after a while, one server did show up! But it was not the hosted game I was after.

So I did some tinkering, that's what I do, I press buttons and see what happens, takes a while but I get there. I went into Steam itself and found something which ended up working! I took screenshots and was trying to include them but can't do it here.

It seems that the ability to play multiplayer in these non-dedicated hosted games is region-restricted to where you live in the world.

Within Steam once you've opened it, select the tab in the top left called 'Steam' or 'View' then go down to 'Settings' (both tabs can take you to the settings area).

When you click that, a separate window pops up.

Within this little window, on the left side there is a list of options such as Account, Family, In-Game etc etc, you want to select on 'Downloads'.

From there, you will see a section that says 'Download Region'. 

Now, this section Steam sets by default based on where you live in the world, like I said I'm Aussie so by default mine was set to Australia. You can click on the little arrow and a long list will appear, from that list I chose 'US - New York' and hit ok. From memory, a box came up saying that Steam needs to restart to implement the changes, let it do its thing.

Then voila! I was able to start up Atlas and behold.....suddenly I had 12 servers appearing on my non-dedicated server list!

Wanted to share this for everyone else that might be having this issue and hope it also works for you.