Cpt.Yarrr

Can you remove your foundations and base? I need space...

Logged in today, made a round from bed to bed to do some harvesting.

He; "Yarrr, can you remove your builds here? A friend of mine started building here yesterday and he can't put up a shipyard."

Me; "No, we need this to make a dock."

He; Splash. He puts down a large shipyard.

Me; "Erm, I just told you we're building here."

He;"I just asked you to remove and make space for friend. You are bad player and dont listen to us, so why should we listen to you?"

Me; (sigh)" You asked me, I told you why not." (sigh again)

Kids, please. 

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr

That is why PVE is broken and gets toxic... Atlas PVE does not work without minimal PVP... it cannot be fixed, only made worst... more people leave...

• Like 1

Sadly Grapshot cant Patch some peoples behavior 😕 the more reason we like to Talk to new settlers before they build so we can manage the Space on our island so no one Blocks each other. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

That is why PVE is broken and gets toxic... Atlas PVE does not work without minimal PVP... it cannot be fixed, only made worst... more people leave...

Nah, it's not broken. It has to do with lack of respect for other peoples choices. If someone asks you something you dont want, why ask when you where not planning to listen? That's how some players live by.

If it was the other way around, I wasnt even start building between 3 bases and went for another spot. But thats experience perhaps. If a lvl 90 player gives you advice on PvE, maybe its best to do something as a lvl 34 player with it.

Asking to remove a piece of base, so you can build bigger and block the other players is just plain stupid and ignorant.

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr

At least they asked... I had similar issue except they just started moving foundations closer and closer to where I was building until I couldn't anymore

finally just destroyed all my stuff taking the little resources I got back with me and left for a nicer area

😥 wasnt it you yarr asking us the same in our city thread?

On 7/10/2019 at 10:22 AM, Cpt.Yarrr said:

Maybe you guys can remove all the foundations/floors scattering around on E8? Since you're building this massive project on E10, seems only fair other people can have some room to build as well.

Just by the way, most islands are empty, this game is nearly dead, but even if not some active companys like us, are just claimin areas for a reason 95% of every island is covered with shit. So dont ask companys which are keepin this game alive to give away theire areas, for inactive box building players which auto decay anyway.

OUR FLEET IN YOUR FACE!!!

20190715182518_1.jpg

Edited by Egon von Sturmberg
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

Logged in today, made a round from bed to bed to do some harvesting.

He; "Yarrr, can you remove your builds here? A friend of mine started building here yesterday and he can't put up a shipyard."

Me; "No, we need this to make a dock."

He; Splash. He puts down a large shipyard.

Me; "Erm, I just told you we're building here."

He;"I just asked you to remove and make space for friend. You are bad player and dont listen to us, so why should we listen to you?"

Me; (sigh)" You asked me, I told you why not." (sigh again)

Kids, please. 

You could collect some gold and get your own. Its easy just do something.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Egon von Sturmberg said:

😥 wasnt it you yarr asking us the same in our city thread?

Just by the way, most islands are empty, this game is nearly dead, but even if not some active companys like us, are just claimin areas for a reason 95% of every island is covered with shit. So dont ask companys which are keepin this game alive to give away theire areas, for inactive box building players which auto decay anyway.

OUR FLEET IN YOUR FACE!!!

20190715182518_1.jpg

Thanks, but you are completely wrong.

I asked you before the decay of 12 hours where implemented to start with. So, what you do now is irrelevant. 

Second,  the person who asked me has started building between 3 bases. The beach is nearly empty just a few meters further up ahead. 

The fact you are quoting me now, is again, irrelevant. But, since you did, let me clarify why I asked you a couple of weeks ago on an orderly way; You kept entire beaches on more then one island occupied with massive amounts of foundations. One reason for Grapeshot to implement this? All these foundations spams all around ATLAS wich prevented people from starting playing . 

That seems fair to me to ask you back then. 

I'm sorry you feel offended.

8 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

You could collect some gold and get your own. Its easy just do something.

We are at this spot since day 1. We own 2 islands. Whats your point? Its a piece of base wich he wants me to break down. Not a foundationspam. 

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr

15 hours ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

Nah, it's not broken. It has to do with lack of respect for other peoples choices.

Well it is therefore broken...
Because if it is possible for them to do it with the current game mechanic, while it is toxic griefing, which forces more and more players to leave the game, which obviously is not the intended goal of the game, then it is broken...

Otherwise, if you say it is not broken, you have no right to complain about this 'perfect' game mechanic which is therefore fair to use against you...

As Heinlein said: "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

This is the reason people are lacking respect everywhere... they don't have to fear any response, apart from crying by the helpless victims.

And that is the reason I went from PVE straight to PVP after the wipe... PVP is the more respectful and polite PVE experience... because if you would do such things there, you pay for it with available game mechanics... therefore you avoid it, and live and let live...

21 minutes ago, Sheepshooter said:

Well it is therefore broken...
Because if it is possible for them to do it with the current game mechanic, while it is toxic griefing, which forces more and more players to leave the game, which obviously is not the intended goal of the game, then it is broken...

Otherwise, if you say it is not broken, you have no right to complain about this 'perfect' game mechanic which is therefore fair to use against you...

As Heinlein said: "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

This is the reason people are lacking respect everywhere... they don't have to fear any response, apart from crying by the helpless victims.

And that is the reason I went from PVE straight to PVP after the wipe... PVP is the more respectful and polite PVE experience... because if you would do such things there, you pay for it with available game mechanics... therefore you avoid it, and live and let live...

If you put it like that, I can understand with you mean.

The nonbuild radius should be more higher as well to prevent all this. The decay of pillarspam is greatly reduced, maybe now it's the time (at least on PvE?) to make the radius bigger?

36 minutes ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

The nonbuild radius should be more higher as well to prevent all this. The decay of pillarspam is greatly reduced, maybe now it's the time (at least on PvE?) to make the radius bigger?

Well the obstruction radius would help if it would be lower not higher in that case.
The larger it is the sooner you 'crash' into one another leaving large areas unable to build on, which would be perfectly fine for both sides to use otherwise without hindering each other... because when someone comes close to your radius it also means that you are close to his, so you cannot expand, even though the other cannot use that area...
There can never be a good solution to this... if the radius is small someone can build you in easy for grieifng... if it is large, most of the area cannot be build on, leaving not enough total game space for "40K players"...

In the end it only determines how much one needs to spam the area to "own" it all...
That is one reason the claim system was designed and later fixed to only one island owner.
The only working option would be to give the land owner the needed administrative rights to raze parts or all structures on his island to keep it fair and clean - this could be done with the least amount of griefing by design... in the end someone has to move, or people will leave the game...

But I still can hear the crying from that from one last week...

So... I can only advocate for PVEer to go PVP, and for the Devs to finally fix land PVP and protection, for the later to be meaningful...
As in real life, so in Atlas PVE, the 'safe space' ideology does not work... does only produce spoiled brats (of all ages)...
At least is Atlas I think it is not the intended purpose...

• Like 1

On 7/23/2019 at 10:50 AM, Cpt.Yarrr said:

Thanks, but you are completely wrong.

I asked you before the decay of 12 hours where implemented to start with. So, what you do now is irrelevant. 

Second,  the person who asked me has started building between 3 bases. The beach is nearly empty just a few meters further up ahead. 

The fact you are quoting me now, is again, irrelevant. But, since you did, let me clarify why I asked you a couple of weeks ago on an orderly way; You kept entire beaches on more then one island occupied with massive amounts of foundations. One reason for Grapeshot to implement this? All these foundations spams all around ATLAS wich prevented people from starting playing . 

That seems fair to me to ask you back then. 

I'm sorry you feel offended.

It was offending because you ask us that in our thread about project mega city, which had nothing to do with our thread, so it was more like you shiting in our thread.  I dont care that much about you but as you spam the whole forum, i just wanted to show that you are just talking sensless shit, to feed your narcissism. You better should stream on twitch to get  your needed attention.

PS: Using your fake account of Taming and Shaming Gallery to agree with your own posts isnt working. It was a company with a bad reputation, which is not existing anymore for a good reason! #KARMA

-CLOSED-

Edited by Egon von Sturmberg
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Egon von Sturmberg said:

-CLOSED-

lol

Like you do in this thread.

lol again

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr

I can't believe with all the empty islands and uninhabited regions people still are fighting over land.  F-ing Hilarious!

• Like 3

I think the playerbase is friendly and social, for sure you have some toxic companys and they have a bad reputation, but overall friendly.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Egon von Sturmberg said:

It was offending because you ask us that in our thread about project mega city, which had nothing to do with our thread, so it was more like you shiting in our thread.  I dont care that much about you but as you spam the whole forum, i just wanted to show that you are just talking sensless shit, to feed your narcissism. You better should stream on twitch to get  your needed attention.

-CLOSED-

But Yarr is right.

Your "Sturmberg block this area because overfarmed" was dick move. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Puppies4ever said:

I think the playerbase is friendly and social, for sure you have some toxic companys and they have a bad reputation, but overall friendly.

Definitly Need to agree on that one. 99% of the Community is friendly And Social,some have "differences" but are atleast able to keep that stuff on a friendly Manor. And then you have those 1% who are absolute dickheads but those Dont Stay Long on official because having a bad Reputation on a PVE ends up with beeing excluded out of Events And trading etc. Pretty quickly

29 minutes ago, zottel said:

Definitly Need to agree on that one. 99% of the Community is friendly And Social,some have "differences" but are atleast able to keep that stuff on a friendly Manor. And then you have those 1% who are absolute dickheads but those Dont Stay Long on official because having a bad Reputation on a PVE ends up with beeing excluded out of Events And trading etc. Pretty quickly

And thats why I don't understand admins aren't "flying" around and do some checkings. It's freegame for those who want to grief and exploit. We seen it happen, for weeks a company was griefed and blocked on their own island. For weeks they complained thru all the channels available. After 6 weeks an admin/dev took action and warned the griefing party. All it took was an hour and some wisely chosen words. 

This is what this game needs, sadly but true, admins who show themselves when needed. These guys and girls know exactly what to do and what to say. I just don't understand why they're with so few. The help I got 2 times was hardly needed, that's why I think there's more room for some of those willing admins. 

This is where they might have to do what people wanted and give people 1 claim flag or a couple to stick down on land so nobody can build on it, that takes away the fighting over the land part or squabbling with each other. I'm sure they could give everyone on the island abit of space around the shore for shipyards and a place on land.

There is to much water in this game, if space is needed islands should be made bigger or more of them in certain grids, maybe they can have the odd few servers with water only for battles and such as you cross over into other servers.

The current system does not work, people are not happy with it, they have voted with their feet and left. I left PvE myself already, I only log in to keep the timer ticking over just incase I do want to jump back on it. When I did log on EU server I checked the Atlas player tracker and wasn't surprised to see how many grids were empty, 0 in alot of them and a handful in the rest. There was a time you would see double digits in most grids, this is where the interaction was, you don't get that anymore. They have done nothing to stop the rot and it will only continue I'm afraid.

I've seen these squabbles over space on the island I am on, player 1 has a base and buildings, is happy for the first couple of weeks. Player 2 comes in and blocks paths and spams foundations. Player 1 asks can you please remove your walls? It is blocking access and I can't build. Player 2 ignores request or to engage in friendly chat so what happens next? Player 1 resorts to fight fire with fire and puts up huge walls across player 2 path halting them in their path so nobody wins. personally I think they need to change the system again, even lawless. Until they give people enough space without griefing or fighting then to me it isn't PvE.

On 7/23/2019 at 10:18 PM, sgzeroone said:

I can't believe with all the empty islands and uninhabited regions people still are fighting over land.  F-ing Hilarious!

On this subject there is an old joke: sits the guy on rail the tracks, suited the second the guy and says - move away. The first  move ass, the second sits on this place. The first asks-Why did you have me moved? - Your butt warmed this place up ...

• Like 3