Sign in to follow this  
Koenemeloen

SP items disapear

Playing SP, i noticed the disapearance of items. All kind of items. Ceilings, floors, smity (with inventory), bed.No remarks in log.

happend after the last update this weekend.

greettzz..

Are you going out of grid and coming back to see stuff missing?
Or is it on ship? 
Where is it, what was you doing between last check and it disappearing? 

It has not yet happen to me, so probably we would need to do specific thing to trigger that kind of bug and I would rather know how before i lose to much stuff. 

I started at N7 building. got 2 ships, took one ship to K9, start building new base on K9, transported (using bed) back to N7, sailed with second ship back to K9 and found some missing things in K9 (smity, ceilings) The missing stuff was on land. No missing parts on my first ship (stayed in K9)

Thank you.

Fortunately I don't plan on bed traveling (guess its the culprit)... 

Same happened to me

If you teleport you lose all staff and base

Had a tannery disappear while traveling by boat, no bed travel.  The only thing I could think is it was hanging off a ceiling, not fully on a foundation or ceiling, so maybe it was considered a single structure.  Hasn't happened since I moved it to a full ceiling.

I save manually every so often, just copy the saved atlas folder.  Reverted back a few times, works well, considering looking into how private servers set up the backups so it's more like Ark with half-hour auto backups.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Pete Rottedtoof said:

Same here.  On that note has anyone found a smart way to create hourly save points so you can roll back?

cheat saveworld

that should create a save point. However like in ark, I think if you discover an issue, do the command then kill the game via task manager. Other wise if you exit to the menu the save done by the command get's over written. 

After doing the command, you can probably open explorer and copy the save to another directory

• Like 1

The only sure solution I can think off is to close restart game.

We could also test going to main menu and loading back the game - should work as well. 

Unfortunately 3rd party programs will not be able to help because save folder is reserved for atlas application instance 😞 Not sure if whole time or only at "random" intervals, but either one possibility is creating a host of issues.
So even if I wrote some simple program to 7zip save game folder it and copy it somewhere safe windows would prevent it from doing its job because atlas is often (if not constantly) using it while game is running. 

• Like 1