Whitehawk

Xbox release soon?

Hey people I just read on different sites a confirmed release on xbox for 2019,no dates just says will be 2019,is this true?just wanna say great if you do and good luck on release,I will  personally buy it,as long as its not too near Christmas cos as all parents know Christmas we'll be skint. Either way I hope the release is true and I hope it does well.

5 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

Hey people I just read on different sites a confirmed release on xbox for 2019,no dates just says will be 2019,is this true?just wanna say great if you do and good luck on release,I will  personally buy it,as long as its not too near Christmas cos as all parents know Christmas we'll be skint. Either way I hope the release is true and I hope it does well.

They said this year
Didn't see any more precise ETA

32 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

Probably November or December more than likely 

If it is this year it might be November/Dec but I hope they've got more sense than that,when you've only got x amount of funds and lots of presents to buy you have to be more choosy about where you throw the cash,and I guarantee all the massive companies will release  their games for Christmas.

47 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

If it is this year it might be November/Dec but I hope they've got more sense than that,when you've only got x amount of funds and lots of presents to buy you have to be more choosy about where you throw the cash,and I guarantee all the massive companies will release  their games for Christmas.

If they sell it for 9$ again I would say its a nice present. And I think a spike in players and feedback + the press making some "one year later" articles is worth more in the long run than some money in the short term. A great Xbox release could bring players back to the PC version as well.

Well I hope they do release it this year,i'll still play the pc version too.just sometimes it's nice to relax in front of a huge screen using just the controller.

11 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

Well I hope they do release it this year,i'll still play the pc version too.just sometimes it's nice to relax in front of a huge screen using just the controller.

The general rule of thumb is if you are producing a consumer product, particularly one aimed at a demopraghic that skews younger and thus receives lots and lots of holiday gifts from family, and you have any shot at getting your product out before New Years, you do whatever you have to do to make it happen, since about 50% of all consumer product sales happen during the holiday season. If it’s not out by Christmas it would likely mean insurmountable technical problems, but if they’re announcing this early it’s out this year, one would hope it’s out by thanksgiving.

Boomer’s guarantee applies.*

*All predictions wrong or your money back.

5 hours ago, Kappinski said:

A great Xbox release could bring players back to the PC version as well.

how will there be a "great Xbox release"?

you know this game is a dumpster fire right?

a different platform isn't going to change that.

completely off topic, Ark is seeing some huge improvements after the relocation of several employees, wonder where they ended up?

56 minutes ago, Kanwulf said:

how will there be a "great Xbox release"?

you know this game is a dumpster fire right?

a different platform isn't going to change that.

completely off topic, Ark is seeing some huge improvements after the relocation of several employees, wonder where they ended up?

Actually I think there’s a decent chance console release is a sort of clean slate for Atlas. The game’s launch was a true dumpster fire, and it’s still a long way from perfect, but I think the game is in a measurably better state development wise than at the start. Console players are a market where the game is less likely to suffer from the lingering stigma from launch that is keeping pc players away in droves.  Some console players keep up with pc gaming industry news and will be aware of Atlas’s poor start, many will not. If Grapeshot is able to offer them a game at that point that is markedly improved and refined, it could be a second chance the game needs to build a playerbase.

I don’t see it being a massive console hit in its current state, but it seems entirely plausible it could attract a respectable number of players to form a solid core on which to build. I do think that if the console release does not breathe some lasting life into the playerbase, it could be extremely hard long term for the game to achieve sustainable activity. Grapeshot can say they aren’t concerned about player numbers for the time being, but at some point this thing does have to pay for itself, and if they strike out with console players too, I don’t know where those players are gonna come from in the end.

• Like 2