Sign in to follow this  
DanceWithME

ping 255

Yeah I was seeing it a lot in places I was not expecting.  Zone had 5 people....only 1 claimed island and not much built on it.  No war, maybe a couple of ships.  Kept hitting 255 so I started looking at my WAN connection and it was golden.  No issues found locally or enroute to the Atlas game servers.

2 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Yeah I was seeing it a lot in places I was not expecting.  Zone had 5 people....only 1 claimed island and not much built on it.  No war, maybe a couple of ships.  Kept hitting 255 so I started looking at my WAN connection and it was golden.  No issues found locally or enroute to the Atlas game servers.

To add to this I have Google Fiber. My connection is consistently anywhere from 450 mbps to 950, never had a single service interuption in 2.5 years. I checked speedtest multiple times to be sure. Rock solid. Also I'm experiencing this on my home grid with not much building and fewer than 5 people logged in. Only been an issue the past week or so.

6 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

I hate you now.

lol. I moved to the condo complex I lived in for 2 years because it was one of the first four in my city to have it.  I just bought a house at the end of April, and when my real estate agent asked me what were the things that were important to me in considering houses, I told her one of the top priorities was staying in Google Fiber's service area, which is unfortunately quite limited. "You can't buy a house based on your ISP!" she said. "After 20 years of putting up with Time Warner Cable's shit, watch me." was my reply. The connection is fast, they charge a very reasonable rate, but most importantly, in 2.5 years I've never had to so much as pick up the phone and call customer service for anything. 

It

just

works.

Just now, boomervoncannon said:

lol. I moved to the condo complex I lived in for 2 years because it was one of the first four in my city to have it.  I just bought a house at the end of April, and when my real estate agent asked me what were the things that were important to me in considering houses, I told her one of the top priorities was staying in Google Fiber's service area, which is unfortunately quite limited. "You can't buy a house based on your ISP!" she said. "After 20 years of putting up with Time Warner Cable's shit, watch me." was my reply. The connection is fast, they charge a very reasonable rate, but most importantly, in 2.5 years I've never had to so much as pick up the phone and call customer service for anything. 

It

just

works.

I stand by my statement - I find it impossible at this point for you to change my mind. 😁

Funny thing- I have been looking for a place to stay. The only requirement is Google Fiber, a router....and a garage, lol.

13 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Funny thing- I have been looking for a place to stay. The only requirement is Google Fiber, a router....and a garage, lol.

Funny thing, I have an extra bedroom I've been thinking about renting, and I have a garage. But I'm sure you wouldn't want to room with someone you hate.

9 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Funny thing, I have an extra bedroom I've been thinking about renting, and I have a garage. But I'm sure you wouldn't want to room with someone you hate.

I agree sucks for you.

• Haha 1

I have this problem a long time ago, for weeks I can not play without difficulty. This is too bad, they need to fix this problem.

I have 1200 hrs, I've never been through this before, very bad to play, mainly when change to other grid.

42 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

I agree sucks for you.

Well good luck finding the right spot.  I’ll probably wind up renting to someone who won’t appreciate how good the internet is. Hopefully they at least like the garage.

Just now, FatalCrazy said:

I have this problem a long time ago, for weeks I can not play without difficulty. This is too bad, they need to fix this problem.

I have 1200 hrs, I've never been through this before, very bad to play, mainly when change to other grid.

Yup grid changeover seems when it happpens the most.

Just now, boomervoncannon said:

Well good luck finding the right spot.  I’ll probably wind up renting to someone who won’t appreciate how good the internet is. Hopefully they at least like the garage.

lol

I've mentioned this elswhere, but, the other day me and a mate were sailing through a grid when someone in chat complained about this very thing. we both checked our ping and both were under 50. And our pings are always about the same, 50 or so.

So i'm unsure if it's the servers themselves, may be it's how far you are from the servers. We are from England on the EU servers.

3 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

I've mentioned this elswhere, but, the other day me and a mate were sailing through a grid when someone in chat complained about this very thing. we both checked our ping and both were under 50. And our pings are always about the same, 50 or so.

So i'm unsure if it's the servers themselves, may be it's how far you are from the servers. We are from England on the EU servers.

I've never had this problem before, I've play since launch and this problem started to happen to me a little before the 4x event.

I already reinstalled the game, I do not know what happened, I already saw that many gave up the game because it was happening and it's too very bad to play like that.

I'm going to wait a while, it's impossible for me to navigate my boat to another grid without having problems crossing over to another server.

I have warned everyone in my guild to abandon the game if it does not resolve, there is no way to continue playing.

I have 1200 hours in ATLAS, unfortunately I am sad and I have been waiting fix for developers for weeks.

I posted before about this and might as well share the info in this thread too in hope that the devs see's it. At the start was this not an issue for me until one patch around end of may start of june came and then everything got majorly screwed for me.

It cant be server related the 255 ping problem. When traveling to a new server, my partner who sits on a different computer right next to me (using same internet) doesn't have this issue at all but i have 255 in ping for about 10 min before my ping goes down to 30-40. I tried to make a clean installation of Atlas on the SSD I use for games and that didn't help neither, have also tried validating my files and that is also ineffective.

When I try to log in or travel to a different server is it just a Russian Roulette game for me if I crash getting "FATAL UE4 ERROR" or if I actually manage to travel/log in and can play. So frustrating to not be able to trust the game, im basiclly stuck on the same server all the time and can not go anywhere and dont know if I can log in or not.

Just want to update on this issue and say it is now occuring for me 100% of the time when I cross zone borders. Today I attempted to travel several zones away to do a blue quality map, and every single time I crossed a border, ping jumped to 255. It is very definately NOT my isp, as I am monitoring my connection and it is solid and superior. Restarting the game does not resolve it, even restarting steam does not. The only thing that seems to work sometimes is restarting my entire computer. 

This issue is making the game borderline unplayable for me.

How long does it take for you BOOMERVONCANNO before your ping goes down to playable ping? For me it's between 10-15min until it's down to 40 where I normally lies.

13 minutes ago, Wushi said:

How long does it take for you BOOMERVONCANNO before your ping goes down to playable ping? For me it's between 10-15min until it's down to 40 where I normally lies.

I don't sit and wait to see. Thus far I have tried all manner of relogging, exiting completely out of game, exiting out of game and steam, and even restarting my computer. What I haven't tried is sitting around waiting for the ping to drop, but come to think of it your 10-15 mins sounds about right.

Edited by boomervoncannon

I've had this since I started atlas,it comes down within 15 mins and is more playable,However even though it's not the same on sp it's started lagging really badly now and I never had any lag on sp before. 

Yeah this problem is actually getting progressively worse. At first it was happening occasionally at random, then sometimes when crossing zone borders, then very often when crossing zone borders, then yesterday every single time I crossed a zone border. Today it has escalated to occurring any time I log in, not just crossing a zone. And yes it took about 15 minutes or so to go away. That's a good 15 minutes of every time I log into the game not really being able to do anything.

I have this permanent rubberbanding from time to time. It happens when i start moving to fast after a login or fast travel (kinda while still loading in) , dont know if it is the same problem.

I go (slowly) back to the starting (loading) position and spam crouch/prone/jump for about 10-30 sec to fix it. Others have suggested to do it while walking/running into a corner.

Does it make a difference if you are at the steering wheel or not @boomervoncannon?

12 minutes ago, Kummba said:

I have this permanent rubberbanding from time to time. It happens when i start moving to fast after a login or fast travel (kinda while still loading in) , dont know if it is the same problem.

I go (slowly) back to the starting (loading) position and spam crouch/prone/jump for about 10-30 sec to fix it. Others have suggested to do it while walking/running into a corner.

Does it make a difference if you are at the steering wheel or not @boomervoncannon?

That rubberbabding you are getting sounds similar to something i've come across, and it happens if you crouch and use a bed to fast travel. You judder as you move about and cannot jump, have not found a good fix yet but mounting a tame can sometimes fix it, or it goes away on its own, fast traveling again does fix it.

Not related to this post but it might be what you are experiencing.

2 hours ago, Kummba said:

No. Last night a company mate and I went several grids over to tame an elephant. Both experienced it regardless of who was at the helm.

We can only wait for some update to correct this problem.
It is very easy to lose the boat to those with this problem.

I'm very sad and it's hard to go to another server (GRID).  We do not know when this will end, but it has been a long time, others have given up game.
I hope they find a solution, the new update is coming and our fun has been hampered.  😥😥😥

- I formatted the computer
 - Update all drivers
- The game has been reinstalled cleanly.
- Ip config /flushdns 

I don't think the problem is about my internet,  Players from different locations around the world have this problem.

• Like 2