Realist

Congrats wildcard/grapeshot

Jesus Christ. You guys made valguero available for Xbox and then made 8 servers. God damn guys. What the he’ll is your problem?

get rid of legacy. Speaking on this as far as atlas goes, get rid of the old and in with the new. Get rid of claims and make this game good. Ced is doing well with the PC crowd but he is getting screwed right now. I give him props for being a trooper. But damn. If you release a new map or game mode you better have plenty of the new stuff. You better take this into account.

if all you have is 4 clusters on release then you guys are stupid as hell. We already know that this isn’t an. MMO. We have followed this for awhile now.

bottom line, make this an mmo or bring in the fliers. That is all I have to say

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Realist said:

That is all I have to say

We all hope, but know its not even close to true.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Willard said:

Why are you complaining about ARK on Atlas forums? 

that's the thing all the cool kids are doing now, complain about anything anywhere for any reason or no reason at all.

I'm not sure how to feel about this, glad he's a console kiddy on one hand but on the other he would be worth a meat run or two if he was on PC.

@Realist congrats on 2k posts on a gaming forum of a game that you don't even play, that really says something, not sure you want to know what it says but it really says something!

16 hours ago, zottel said:

Wait Realist is actually playing a Game?

Not this game. 

Ark.

I’ve been posting to msg boards for almost 15 years. Realist is the first person i’m aware of to accumulate a large number of posts over a significant length of time on the forum of a game he doesn’t actually play. But he does play Ark, so at least he has *some* connection.

Personally I don’t really get the insinuation that console players are kids.  Of the dozen sales reps in my office about half are gamers. I don’t play console, and there is one guy who doesn’t play pc, the rest play both, and these are grown men with families. Heck my boss jumps between No Man’s Sky and Madden depending on what he’s in the mood for. I just think gaming has been around long enough and has matured as a hobby to the point where we aren’t doing anything but perpetuating outside and outdated stereotypes when we paint each other this way.

@RealistI just had an idea. When console releases, just for me, name your first ship Don Quixote. 🤪

If you do, you can pick any name you want for the next ship I build after that.

Just for laughs.

Edited by boomervoncannon

@Realist For reaching 2k posts on the forum you can now redeem your free ingame hat skin and perk.

You just gotta buy atlas and log in to collect. 

Well done mate.

Congrats

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

@RealistI just had an idea. When console releases, just for me, name your first ship Don Quixote. 🤪

If you do, you can pick any name you want for the next ship I build after that.

Just for laughs.

I will definitely do that for you boomer 👍 😂

21 minutes ago, Polar Express said:

@Realist For reaching 2k posts on the forum you can now redeem your free ingame hat skin and perk.

You just gotta buy atlas and log in to collect. 

Well done mate.

Congrats

That would be kind of cool being the only console player with that skin. 

Everyone would ask me “whoa, how did you get that?” And I would reply with “you don’t want to know” 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Not this game. 

Ark.

I’ve been posting to msg boards for almost 15 years. Realist is the first person i’m aware of to accumulate a large number of posts over a significant length of time on the forum of a game he doesn’t actually play. But he does play Ark, so at least he has *some* connection.

Personally I don’t really get the insinuation that console players are kids.  Of the dozen sales reps in my office about half are gamers. I don’t play console, and there is one guy who doesn’t play pc, the rest play both, and these are grown men with families. Heck my boss jumps between No Man’s Sky and Madden depending on what he’s in the mood for. I just think gaming has been around long enough and has matured as a hobby to the point where we aren’t doing anything but perpetuating outside and outdated stereotypes when we paint each other this way.

Mainly the connection to the company as well. I want to hold them to a standard because I know they can do better. 

Just imagine if it was a totally different company that made atlas.... I wouldn’t even be here right now.

Lol if anyone from pvp wants a good laugh head over to the pve section and take a look through the " safe island" thread. 

Hilarious.

4 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Not this game. 

Ark.

I guess I fall into this category too. I started playing computer games back in 1981. And yes I use both PC and consoles (plural). Over the years I've owned multiple types of PC ranging from 186, 286, etc to current i7. For consuls zx81, spectrum, BBC, etc. I currently own ps3 & 4, xbox & 360, Wii ang goodness knows what I've forgotten.

Edited by AntonyVW

6 hours ago, Realist said:

Just imagine if it was a totally different company that made atlas.... I wouldn’t even be here right now.

now it is official... WC/GS is worst company ever... for 'producing' Realist...🤔😜

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Polar Express said:

Lol if anyone from pvp wants a good laugh head over to the pve section and take a look through the " safe island" thread. 

Hilarious.

Safe haven.  Why ya gotta be such a douche?  It was simply a thread letting settlers know which island owners wouldn't raze. 

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2019 at 10:02 PM, Realist said:

Jesus Christ. You guys made valguero available for Xbox and then made 8 servers. God damn guys. What the he’ll is your problem?

get rid of legacy. Speaking on this as far as atlas goes, get rid of the old and in with the new. Get rid of claims and make this game good. Ced is doing well with the PC crowd but he is getting screwed right now. I give him props for being a trooper. But damn. If you release a new map or game mode you better have plenty of the new stuff. You better take this into account.

if all you have is 4 clusters on release then you guys are stupid as hell. We already know that this isn’t an. MMO. We have followed this for awhile now.

bottom line, make this an mmo or bring in the fliers. That is all I have to say

For the love of god get a damned computer I am sick of Games getting dumbed down so they can work on a Console!!!

Oblivion dumbed downed version of Morrowind all so it could go on console and the trend hasn't stopped.... Consoles are the devil...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

For the love of god get a damned computer I am sick of Games getting dumbed down so they can work on a Console!!!

Oblivion dumbed downed version of Morrowind all so it could go on console and the trend hasn't stopped.... Consoles are the devil...

Perfect example- aim assist.

3 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Perfect example- aim assist.

Aim assist has been around since old school grand theft auto days. That really just depends on the type of game lol.

console is OG as far as games go 👍

23 hours ago, Realist said:

That would be kind of cool being the only console player with that skin. 

Everyone would ask me “whoa, how did you get that?” And I would reply with “you don’t want to know” 😂

It's a pretty impressive accomplishment honestly.

Though I think you've now past the post threshold to have the default forum avatar be okay. It's time you got yourself a custom one my dude, the parrot does you no justice.

1 hour ago, Kidori said:

Though I think you've now past the post threshold to have the default forum avatar be okay. It's time you got yourself a custom one my dude, the parrot does you no justice.

This.

As a notorious parrot racist, I can’t tell any of them apart. Theny all look the same to me. Get yourself a unique avatar so you don't blend into the crowd. Maybe something by  Gastauve Corbett?

1 hour ago, Kidori said:

Very true. I think it might be time to un retire my old ark picture. Thank you, I didn’t really think of that.

1 hour ago, Kidori said:

There you go kidori. For some reason people always said my ark picture was very fitting lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Realist said:

There you go kidori. For some reason people always said my ark picture was very fitting lol

Much better, and yeah I can't disagree with that lol

• Like 1