Nutcutt3r

- Sunken Ship Treasure now shows you the Loot Quality at the water surface effect via floating text.

- Added a new Quest: loot a 16 quality or higher sunken treasure to get the new Crab Wheel Skin

- Improved the weighting of Sunken Treasure by overall making higher quality treasure about 50% more likely to be generated, as well as boosting the max quality of sunken treasure by 15%

This is good, and def a step in the right direction.

• Thanks 2

Something I was thinking about as I was sailing yesterday.

Do shipwrecks despawn after a set time? as with the new labeling, some of the lower level ones might never get collected. and all we will get after some time is uncollected low level wrecks.

I thought about that too, but at least now you have a chance of actually getting something worth stopping for. Maybe they never needed a label, just needed to be better.

Tbh sunken treasure is not bad for crew payments in a pinch. I would like to see them add like 5x food and songs to them. Lets be honest if a ship goes down there should be alot more items on the ship than 1 small box from the ship.

I have yet to actually dive one since the patch, but I am no longer ignoring the wrecks anymore, gives me another reason to maneuver while travelling, which makes it a teensy bit more interesting.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:59 PM, globytheoldpirate said:

I hope they despawn after a set time, or small value sunken ships will never be removed ^^'

I would think they do. Can't be sure, though. 

On 7/22/2019 at 10:00 AM, Talono said:

Still not worth it compared to treasure hoarding

Well I got one with 700+ and one with 900+ gold, so I disagree. It was just there on my way past...

48 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Well I got one with 700+ and one with 900+ gold, so I disagree. It was just there on my way past...

Yeah  I think especially if you're just hitting shipwrecks as you sail past them, when you take into account how easy they are to get compared to maps you have to make more of an effort to do, I bet if you calculated say the gold per hour return when you factor in the average time committed, they give maps a run for their money. And I say that having yet to get any of those 700 and 900 gold wrecks you seem to find Big Baller™.